• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just Done something stupid!!!!

carrieb

Happy Bypasser
I've just gone and "treated" myself to a bacon and cheese turnover - to celebrate having lost 5 stone! I could, and should, kick myself for being so stupid. Didn't even enjoy it :break_diet::break_diet:

Head to the gym, burn off those excess calories, and next time treat yourself with a mani/pedi instead!

In the scope of things its a drop in the ocean, forget about it, move on and forget it :)

think a treat sometimes is totally fine - its when it becomes a habit its a problem :)

I know some people don't like the 'soft' approach, but don't beat yourself up. It's done now, learn from it and move on :)

Katy xx

I had my check up with the dietician yesterday and she said the occasional treat is ok, as long as it doesn't, happen every day. Well done on your fantastic weight loss, l am 4 and a half stone down. Helen

I had my check up with the dietician yesterday and she said the occasional treat is ok, as long as it doesn't, happen every day. Well done on your fantastic weight loss, l am 4 and a half stone down. Helen

Hi Helen - How have you been getting on? I wondered if you were ok as haven't seen you on here much lately :)

It's not the end of the world. Occasional treats are totally normal we are only human chuk.
Well done on your loss so far

It's not the end of the world. Occasional treats are totally normal we are only human chuk.
Well done on your loss so far

Ahh, thank you! and well done on yours - I've been reading your thread with the photos - you look so diffrent now, and I can tell you're loving life - I'm looking forward to getting to goal x

Hi
I,m doing fine, but now l am back at work l just don,t have the time to be on the forum so much, but l do check in and see how people are doing. Have joined the gym, so try to get there 4 times a week! Will try and post a updated picture but l am not very good at it! So could take ages. Helen

I think you deserve a treat once in a while..next time have something you know you will love..and don't regret it..you have done so well xxx

You need a treat once in a whole hon. Deprivation doesn't work - we all give in eventually and then were back to square one and angry at ourselves. Instead it's much better to savour every mouthful and just get back on the wagon at the next meal.

Just going to agree with everyone else. I have treats every now and then. I'm partial to noodles from the chinese take away or a slice of pizza. I don't have them every day or even every week but when I do I just include them in my daily allowance and try not to make a big deal of them. Like Yve said, deprivation doesn't work - it's why so many diets fail because no one can be perfect all the time. As long as it doesn't become a habit it's not a problem :)

Thank you all for your comments - I was just so annoyed with myself, and I didn't even enjoy it, so have learned my lesson. Next treat will be a manicure or new clothes :D

If it makes you feel better hun, I did the same last night :) Trying not to feel guilty because it was a planned treat, but its so hard not to.

Just nodding along with everyone else. I try to see post op life as a change in lifestyle not another diet. Diets can be broken, healthy eating cannot. You have to live a normal life, that involves having the occasional treat, and not so good for you foods. Its not us being weak, or falling off the wagon, its just living a thinner life.

Agree with everyone here and with Yve too on the deprivation thing. I'm in the fortunate position that if I was to be brave and try my favourite treat things I tend to dump.. Best deterrent ever tbh lol
Tomorrow is a new day hun xxx

Back