• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just getting this out in the open to maybe shame myself

Mixman

I've fallen off the wagon!

I've got a taste for pastry! I know it's not the end of the world but I'm having a pastry and at least 1 packet of crisps a day!

So I'm not such a goody 2 shoes any more!

Hopefully getting it out in the open will make me a little embarassed and stop it!

Or am I over reacting!

Id slap your bottom for you but what good would it do? Except maybe to give me a quick bit of fun hahaha
Annnnnyway, if you WANT to stop having those things and feel that they may ruin your future success then stop, if you would like to continue to have them then you have them, it is what YOU want, this is your journey and you have to do what is best for YOU.
I darent even sniff pastry to be honest...Id be lost forever!
Steph xx

mmmmmmmmmm pastry! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

I suspect where you can get away with the crisps, pastry may not be so forgiving! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I LOVE the stuff....but it is wicked man! Have you tried filo pastry? if you have to have it, this is a much more healthy alternative...and still yummy!

I'd like to think I could indulge in a mince pie a Christmas though! :D

I'd like to think I could indulge in a mince pie a Christmas though! :D

Oh good God woman!!! I adore mince pies and am truly gutted that they are no longer part of my Christmas life, Im never going to test whether I can have them though, its not safe in my case...mmmm mince pies and cream...oh lordy, that now has me thinking of Christmas pudding with brandy custard...oh gawwwwddddd I miss that!!!
Steph xx

Mixxy im shocked :eek: but pleased to find you are human :D I think a little of what you fancy now and then wont sabotage you but just be careful and dont get into the habit of having them too much!
Having said that...................bend over :D Im gonna smack the living daylights outta you ;) x

Oh good God woman!!! I adore mince pies and am truly gutted that they are no longer part of my Christmas life, Im never going to test whether I can have them though, its not safe in my case...mmmm mince pies and cream...oh lordy, that now has me thinking of Christmas pudding with brandy custard...oh gawwwwddddd I miss that!!!
Steph xx

couldn't you just stop at one little bit Stephie? I really hope I will be able to!

and Christmas pud.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I mae my own, it is mainly fruit and so really quite healthy! :D:D:D:D

I do that because hubby has a nut allergy so we do all our own Christmas fruity stuff

Well... I shall have to keep up with tradition post op... and have a small sample of EVERYTHING... including my homemade CHRISTMAS CAKE.

Can't let the festivities pass with letting my hair down.... just a little...

You're all making me feel so hungry......!!!

xxx

Mixxy i think it happens to all of us, this is where we have to behave like "normal" people and not take it to the extreme we took it to before.
I dont think you did a bad thing just a human thing..........moderation mate xxx
BTW i absolutely love your new profile pic. HOT

I suppose if I can make a Christmas pudding that is sugar free and made with sweetner then maybe, but Im a sensitive dumper so that is what scares me. Though no, the pre-op me knew nothing about moderation, if it was a chocolate bar it had to be a family bar and I didnt stop until Id eaten it all, if I had one biscuit I ate the whole packet...couldnt just have one fruit corner yoghurt, had to be two and lets not forget my ice cream obsession, could get through a whole tub in one sitting!!! I DARENT go back. I actually quite like denying myself things though, make me feel powerful lol
Steph xx

I suppose if I can make a Christmas pudding that is sugar free and made with sweetner then maybe, but Im a sensitive dumper so that is what scares me. Though no, the pre-op me knew nothing about moderation, if it was a chocolate bar it had to be a family bar and I didnt stop until Id eaten it all, if I had one biscuit I ate the whole packet...couldnt just have one fruit corner yoghurt, had to be two and lets not forget my ice cream obsession, could get through a whole tub in one sitting!!! I DARENT go back. I actually quite like denying myself things though, make me feel powerful lol
Steph xx

Good for you babe. I can say no but just ate the wrong stuff and in HUGE portions! apparently I had a HUGE stomach!!!!!!!!!

Hadn't thought of the sugar, but you can buy a sugar substitute it's ok to bake with, can't you? I remember it being promoted at slimming world years ago.

OOOOOPS done it again! sorry for hijacking your thread again Mixy!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

us girls, we do love to chat...and chat.........and chat!

your only human mate it happens to us all.Every now and again is not a bad thing.Like you new pic toooo you have changed so much and done soooo well wow

Jo
xx

Mixxy - do this. Wait until you REALLY, REALLY want one.... and then don't! If you can do that, you know that you have control. That's what I've been doing, that way I know that I could actually have something once in a while without sabotaging the hard work that has gone before.

More importantly, make sure you enjoy it if you have it! xx

My surgeon actually advised occasional treats. Otherwise he said it isn't a true lifestyle change and is not sustainable. I had had certain treats and I do not consider my a failure. I think I have done incredibly well and now I know I have actually changed my life in a way that is completely sustainable.

Micky
Go for it, a little of what you fancy does you good.
I have found that I can eat crisps so I get the WW packs and I have had sausage rolls, but only the party size.
I had stalled for a while and after speaking to the dietician and her telling me I had to vary my diet more, so I started trying different things including crisps and sausage rolls and even a KitKat and the weight started to go down again. So I wouldn't worry too much. But if you think you will go back to old habits JUST LOOK IN THE BLOODY MIRROR. You have done so well and I'm sure you will keep things under control
Good Luck
B

Back