• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just getting this out in the open to maybe shame myself

Hi hun i know that eating some pastry and crisps is hard for you given that you chose not to go down that road at all. But as others have said you are human just like us and when i spoke to my dietician she too said that they advocate a "normal" lifestyle with everything in moderation. I have had a bit of pastry and crisps but my test to myself is knowing i can have them and stop when i should. You exercise so much you will work these treats off in no time. So being human has earned you offers of bum smacking go on admit it thats why you did it hee hee ! x
PS loving the new profile pic too you have come so far and still are one of my inspirations x

I suppose if I can make a Christmas pudding that is sugar free and made with sweetner then maybe, but Im a sensitive dumper so that is what scares me. Though no, the pre-op me knew nothing about moderation, if it was a chocolate bar it had to be a family bar and I didnt stop until Id eaten it all, if I had one biscuit I ate the whole packet...couldnt just have one fruit corner yoghurt, had to be two and lets not forget my ice cream obsession, could get through a whole tub in one sitting!!! I DARENT go back. I actually quite like denying myself things though, make me feel powerful lol
Steph xx

that's me at the moment. I'm going to have to be one of those bypassers who can never have a biscuit or a chocolate bar because I know I'll slide right back down that slippery slope.

One sausage roll - oooohhh Mixy you bad boy !

You've gone up in my books mate.

One sausage roll is not a problem, how many would of you ate before the op and with what other crap ?

I ate a whole chocolate eclair this week, it was lush - much better than any sex I can tell you !!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy a treat, that what lifes all about xxx

Don't be so hard on yourself Mixxy, the reason most of us have this op is so that we can feel normal again and part of being normal is not being an angel 100% of the time. Moderation is the key I think and as long as you are doing the amount of exercise you are it shouldn't be a problem. If you feel uncomfortable eating those things (maybe because they are empty calories) then you could swap them for something else that is lush but has some nutritional value, but life is for living and enjoying and I don't think any food should be classed as 'naughty' as that gives you guilt and takes away the enjoyment.

You've obviously not had a night with the MixMeister if you think the eclair is better ;)

So today this is what I've had.

Breakfast was a pear, a banana and a yoghurt

Lunch was a sausage roll a pear and a yoghurt

Then I had some 3 cheese pasta in the afternoon and some tuna pasta

Tea is going to be cheese and crackers

Looks like a good day to me!

I daren't post my daily diet at the moment.

Good for you for having a bit of what you fancy! And also for remembering that this isn't a life sentence to never have anything you like again. Proportion, that's what's important.

I have developed a taste for monster munch, I will admit it!

Rx

The odd packet of cheesy quavers rocks too! Mmmmm yummm. I allow myself crips because I dont have other stuff. We will see at Christmas if I give in and have a mince pie...still scared Ill dump on it though lol
As long as youre happy Mixxy you do what you feel is right xx
Steph xx

Thats exactly why they are an occassional treat for me, we buy a 6 pack once a month-ish and when they are gone theyre gone, if we kept them in all of the time Id go nuts lol
Steph xx

i love choc hob nob mmmm can eat a pack of them, then have the walkers bakes i too love the salt and vin but they are ok to have . i think you've got to have something nice once in a while need a treat with all the hard work you lot are doing so never feel bad just enjoy it

why deprive yourself?? mate, you've lost so much weight the 'odd' treat aint gonna hurt, btw the human body is a funny thing...was reading in one of my fitness mags that with any diet (and i'll call what we do a diet for this bit) you have to keep your body guessing, the body will hang on to the last of the fat for dear life the closer you get to goal, so every 10 days or so you should indulge in what you fancy...your body thinks happy days, getting some decent nosh down the trap door now, then BANG back on the usual being careful for another 10 days, you already know you're eating it, so if you feel you're over doing it, you have the willpower to pull back and stop, of this i'm sure!! ;)

Back