• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just getting this out in the open to maybe shame myself

Cheers Mark.

What I'm also going to do is have the week off riding the bike.

Think my body has got used to this too. So next week I am in Filey camping for 4 nights and I'm not taking the bike.

I am just going to lay back and relax. Hopefully!

When I first started exercising I had a personal trainier and one thing he told me has stuck in my mind. If you do the same sort of training week in week out your body will get used to it and you won't lose as much weight after a while, so you have to mix it up, cardio, weights, toning etc don't do the same circuits all the time and to keep your body guessing. I think this was very good advice and as soon as I try something different even though I think I'm quite fit (resting heart rate is 54) I am still as sore as the first time I started exercising because it's a different type of muscle being used. I think the key is to "mix it up like a muller corner" to keep your body working

Cheers Mark.

What I'm also going to do is have the week off riding the bike.

Think my body has got used to this too. So next week I am in Filey camping for 4 nights and I'm not taking the bike.

I am just going to lay back and relax. Hopefully!

i think you'll do right, you can overtrain, a break will do you the world of good, will give you fresh vigour!!

My local icecream van came round last night and the missus popped out to get me a cherry brandy lolly as a treat.

She cam back in with 12 krispy kreme glazed donuts that the guy gave her free.
i nearly cried watching them being eaten by rellys n friends

Pre op i was very judgemental of people that ate/drank anything with no calorific value. However about 4 weeks ago feeling like i could have a treat i had an egg custard tart, last weekend crumble n custard with no dumping, the thing yet to be tested is chocolate. That is so not going to happen. I have to take control of what goes in my mouth, stop eating just because i like the flavours on my tongue. I however Mixxy have a good 6 stone to go. You have worked so hard i don't think the odd sausage roll will hurt you, your head is very firmly in the right place, i just wish mine could get there and stay there....

Please kick me up the backside after your kicking has finished...

Also while you're at it could you get my body to do what my head wants? My head wants to go further than round the back garden on my bike, it also fancies learning to run again and playing netball with the girls like i did in secondary school.. My body keeps telling it that it's just not possible and come back in 6 months!!!!

Ah but how many sausage rolls (or pork pies) would you eaten in one go before the op. I could of eaten a packet of 6.

If you can limit how many you have and think of them as a lovely delicious treat. I am a very savoury person too.

Well I'm back and I'm refreshed!

It's bizarre. I have been naughty and not done any bike riding and I am back down to the lightest I've been. 15st 1lb.

I was going to say I had a fish, but no chips, as if the 'but no chips' justifies having a fish! It doesn't! But I did. On 2 occasions, we was out and the kids fancied fish and chips (Sausage and chips with Lucy and Stephen) and I had a fish.

What I did do was LOADS of swimming in the pool and in the sea. We also walked rounds Filey and Scarborough.

I feel as I am now at a stage where I will just be careful not to slip into old ways of stuffing myself silly.

It's been nearly 2 weeks now since I went out on the bike and I'm missing it. Today I am relaxing though. I feel content and happy with my weight. I was scared of stepping on the scales but I've shown myself that moderation is 'OK' and that I can allow my halo to slip occasionally.

Thanks for all the kind words people. Now I'm trawling through to see what I've missed :)

Back