• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just had o/p app at st richards. (upset)

angelpie

:cry::cry:I went to second app today. This time to see dietician to discuss which op would be best for me. after talk, we both thought bypass would be better as I feel I might cheat on band. I was feeling positive on my way home. then I got a shock !. In the post was a letter and 3 questionaires from the Bariatric Surgery Service multi-disciplinary team. I have filled them in and sent them back. these Questionaires are to decide if treatment is right for me and too give the phycologist a better understanding of my mental haelth. I am really worried now as I think they might refuse me because of my answers. has anyone else filled in these questionaires?.

Sending you Big Hugs Karen! Can't help on the form front - but I'm sure someone will be able to soon. Maybe they are just a standard proceedure to help the phycologist before appointments???
Try and keep positive, i'm sure all will be fine! xx

hi angelpie
when i went to see the physiologist i was to fill in a questionnaire, but as i was early cuz i had another appointment with the dietitian he seen early me to save me waiting around, after i had seen him and he told me he was going to recommend me for a bypass his assistant asked if i was still to fill in the form for him and he replied no i have all the info i wanted from the interview,so it was not necessary for me to fill one in i think its more of what you say at the interview than what questions you answer they learn a lot more from a face to face than a piece of paper so i would not worry to much about it just be honest and you will be alright
goodluck
regards rambo

Forms for psych assessment are pretty standard. I had a pile from St Richards - they are just part of the process.

Dietician, psychologist and surgeon all need to agree on surgery type. These forms aren't trying to catch you out, just checking that you don't have an underlying psychological condition that could affect your progress (if so, I think they would be more likely to monitor you more closely rather than say point blank you can't have surgery). On the whole, they just want to see that you have truly thought through what wls means...

Don't panic, and try not to be upset. This just means that you are moving through the system.

Good luck.

hi hun.
did you have to fill in any forms before your first app to take with you? to be honest just sounds normal to me like just making sure its the right decision.xxxx

hi angel i had to do all those at st richards its jut the procedure just be honest on them ,as they are to help you please dont panic love deb x x x

I had to fill out a psych evaluation form and a bunch of other paperwork as well, before even meeting the psychiatrist. I was worried too but really there is nothing to be concerned about. If a person is going for bariatric surgery, the psych and dietician consults will already know that the relationship with food is a major issue for that person. I would just say, be honest and don't worry.

Back