• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im going for my op in the morning...I need some reassurance please!!

Muffintop83

I knew this would happen,Im so close to what Ive wanted for so so long,Bag packed,Taxi booked for 6.15,10 days on the pre op diet completed with not so much as a crumb passing my lips,Letters wrote to my family....

And now the fear has set in,I know that I will be so nervous on the morning while Im waiting,Im sure everyone went through this,Only last week i was reassuring another lady who was terrified of going for her op...Why cant i apply this logic to myself?!

I know how much i want this op as i know i would of cheated on the pre op if I wasn't 100%.Not to mention jumping through more hoops than show dog to get here!

I fear il never see my beautiful boys faces over again.

Can anyone offer me some reassurance?...Tips?....Hugs?....A big kick up the backside!!

How your feeling now is completely normal. Just remember why you are doing this. Sending you some virtual hugs! x x

That lady you were reassuring a week ago was me honey and guess what......... your words helped me a great deal, i turned up for my op desperatly trying not to let the negative voice in my head take over, i wouldnt allow myself to write those letters because i wouldnt allow myself to believe that anything bad was going to happen to me and nothing did. i had my bypass last friday, got out of hospital on sunday and im doing absolutly great, this time tomorro you;ll be wondering what you were worrying about. your in very good hands and im sure you will be just fine, big bigs hugs because i know what you are going through xxxx

Jay -thank you for the reasurrance...means a lot.x

Peterborough Guy-Wow look at how much weight you have lost,Its people like you who inspire me that I do need this op when i can see the achievable results Thank you.x

Let.Me.Out,I am so glad you posted,You have definitely given me the kick up the bum I need..Thank you so so much.x

I would be more worried if you were not nervous!

Having my WLS was the best decision I ever made.

Good luck for tomorrow!! xx

From what I've been reading and thinking this is all completely normal, I will be re-reading all these posts this time next week as my bypass is next Friday! Be strong and think about all the things you has said to reassure others in the past! I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to reading about your progress soon!! Good luck x x

Good luck for tomorrow all the best hun xxxx

You're going to be just fine. Set your eyes on that amazing goal.

Think of all the wonderful things you'll be able to do with your boys once you have lost lots of weight.

Sleep will be near on impossible for you tonight (I never slept a wink the night before my surgery). Rather than laying in bed panicking, get up, make lists, make lists of all those exciting things.

Going on the swings at the park with the children.
Playing football with them rather than watching.
No longer being the biggest mum at the school play and panicking when you have to sit on a small chair.

Sure you can continue this list all night if needs be!

It's so worth it..........I'm living proof of that!

Ditto all the above!We all have a wobble then a kind of peace will decend and you will be fine.Keep the kids photos next to you and talk to the staff they do it day in day out and will be only too happy to reassure you.See you on the losers bench.Im the skinny arsed blonde on the end!Maz x

Hi,

I am sending you lots of positive vibes and hugs. Think of all those things you are going to do now you are losing all this weight.

Do you have a image that you can call to mind to keep you positively focused such as a picture in your mind of your boys (all 3 of them!!!).

I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Cheers Cost x

You are gonna be just fine sweetie, this is the beginning of a new you. Big huhs to you and we look forward to reading about your progress on here... we are waiting here for you the other end xxx

You are starting a wonderful new life hun and tomorrow is the begining of fantastic times ahead, will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

you'll be fine hun,I felt exactly the same way.
Just remember how fab you're gonna look & feel once the weight starts to come off & how much more you'll be able to do with your boys!

Best of luck hun :) xx

Am a bit late in replying and you are at the hospital now, but I am praying for you and hope you are ok - i have been out of hospital a week today and am feeling great with the weight coming off, this time next week you will be too _ its our new begining, getting our life back - how great is that to have a 2nd chance - be strong you are going to feel so much better - its worth it and you are worth it xx

Its only natural to have a last minute panic - I managed to hold it together right up until they made me walk into the operating theatre, then I howled like a baby in the lift on the way up there!!!!!!! But now I look back, it was worth every minute of worry, milk drinking and general scaredyness, because as loads of others have said, it's the best thing I ever did!! Best of luck! :)

Thank you all for the support...Im officially a loser!

x

Back