• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

JUST ONTO PUREE'S

markelsie

I'm now coming to the end of week 3 post op with my food.And have to say have "really" enjoyed puree's.For my and suspect it's the same for ALL of us but once the brain is in gear to accepting them it makes it SO much easier.For me I have gone to a shop called "Cook" and bought some of there kiddie meals such as Fisherman pie,Chicken option with mash,macoroni cheese + there portions of vegtables and all our frozen and the meal are approx 250g each one so get 2 meals from each and warm them up blend them and add a little bit of gravy and "job-done"....I then "struggle" to finish half a Muller light and that's me done for the night....Any one else got some good tips?????????????????????????????
Mark;)

Morning Mark!
An easy tip is Aunt Bessie's cauliflower cheese heated up and mashed to tiny pieces with a little extra milk. Also, I have been cooking a little sweet potato and adding some milk and Weight Watcher's cheese. Still go back to soups too when I am lacking inspiration but needing taste but adding some ww cheese!
Just noticed your weight loss - you're nearly half way there! Excellent job!
Lx

I'm just introducing macaroni cheese and other microwave pasta meals. Also the weight watchers fishermans pies are on offer at the Co-op so I got some of these!

Boil in the bag cod in parsley/butter sauce I like on jacket potato (No the skin though) and been enjoying these although one made me sick for the very first time yesterday!

Thanks for this guys - I am moving onto 'shlops' fo
rom tomorrow and TBH dreading it ( I have a negative association in my head with pureed food). I will have a look out for the tasty kiddies stuff and see how that goes down, at the mo the thought of pureed food makes me want to retch, but as I said, it's a mental thing not a physical! (to do with many years as a nurse!). :jelous:

Thanks guys......I love both cauliflower cheese and the old favourite cod in parsley sauce over a jacket spud....Soon to hit tesco and will stock up!!!!
M

Thanks guys......I love both cauliflower cheese and the old favourite cod in parsley sauce over a jacket spud....Soon to hit tesco and will stock up!!!!
M

Hi Markelsie

When does the high protein meals kick in?

Well done on your weight loss so far you have done really well.

(((hugs)))

I can not offer any good tips as I struggled with puree food I ended up going back on liquids until it was time for lumpy food

Back