• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just saying hello

Craftslinda

Hi
Been looking around on here for several weeks now and found it fab :eek: so thought I should take the step and sign up and get going. Well I'm Linda and like most people have had a weight problem for some time. Me and my hubby have both decided that it's hight time we did something about it as both have the same problem.

We went along to a private consultation a few months ago and were all ready to get in dept up to our eye balls to foot the bill when we thought we would visit our GP and run it by her just to get outsiders opinion.
There and then she said she was happy to reffer us both for NHS wls.
To be honest we though oh yes jump through hoops and get nothing in the end but heart broken. :mad:
So we contiunued with our application for finance, however have since recived appointment to see MR khan at Walsall which we went to on Monday evening this week.
We are a little in shock as we were told we are both up for NHS wls, have appointment to see other proffesionals but thqt this is just formality and should both get done within 9 -12 months but they will do us one at a time due to having small children. :D
We are over the moon as has saved us nearly £20,000.
But scared to death now.
By the way sorry I can talk for england
x

Lovely to meet you Linda and definately pleased that you have been more successful on the NHS route! How brilliant that you get to share the experience with your husband and help each other to get fitter and healthier...it's going to be wonderful for your whole family x Hope you enjoy hanging out here, lots of willing helpers to give you tons of support and encouragement x

Hello Linda and welcome. Mr Khan is doing my op tomorrow :)

There is a thread on here for the Walsall Massive, so if you have any Walsall Manor related questions someone there can answer them pretty swiftly. Two of our moderators are also Manor patients (Tesmerelda and Sambucca) and have invaluable insight.

Good luck with your journey and if you want to add me on facebook feel free my email is [email protected]

If you (or anyone else) do send a friend request please be patient as i'm gonna be tied up for the next few days, but i will respond when i get back :) xx

Hello Linda

so pleased for you and your OH & well done for being able to have the op on the NHS.

Just a thought, still save the money up and when you and the hubbie reach goal you can treat the family to a trip of a life time, all the things that you want to do now but can't due to weight issues.

It's great taking the first step, but even better after you've had the op and start seeing the results.

The best of luck to you both x

Thats ace! I was in a similar situation, i was going private and the weightloss clinic advised me to see my doctor. I did and horray he said he'd refer me straight away, i was so happy i cried. It was a massive relief to as we would have found it difficult to pay to. Great that you'll have each other for support to. Good luck to the both of you xxx

Congratulations to both of you.......all good things come to those who wait....I keep telling myself this too lol but it will be worth it X

Hi & welcome to the site, i know its a longer wait with the NHS but the time does fly!! Good luck with the rest of your journer x

Were south B'ham pct. See it's not long since you had your ok hope all is well, can't wait.
Thank you to all who have said hi.

Well done and welcome to the site.

Hi Linda
Nice to meet you. Good news for you and your hubby. Looks like you and I are at a similar stage in the WLS process.
Keep us updated.
Good luck
x

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the WLS forum. Not having to fork out £20000 you don't have is excellent! Being able to go on this journey with your OH is also fab...sounds like you've got a great GP.
As others said, it is a longer wait....but worth it not to be £20000 in debt...means more money for lovely clothes shopping trips at the end, lol!

Fantastic news for you and your OH. My consultant is going to talk to my Dr to see if he will apply for NHS funding so you have given me some hope that we wont have to remortgage! Good luck with everything and keep us posted. xx

Back