• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2010!!!

Spikeyjaycee

I've just rung Christine at St Richards about when I'm likely to have my operation. She couldn't tell me where I was on the list or how many are in front of me but has said my cut-off point (when the operation HAS to be done by) is MARCH 2010!!!!! That will be 20 months after the initial referral!!!! Is that right????? :mad:

I've just rung Christine at St Richards about when I'm likely to have my operation. She couldn't tell me where I was on the list or how many are in front of me but has said my cut-off point (when the operation HAS to be done by) is MARCH 2010!!!!! That will be 20 months after the initial referral!!!! Is that right????? :mad:

Hi Spikeyjacee

Well it could be right for them...but Christine did say that March is when your op has to done by...so you could be any time before that....

Did you tell her that you can take last minute cancellations? That can get you in quicker if you can do it.

It's good news though...you know you are getting there!
Well done and congratulations.

(((hugs)))

hi spikey
i dont know if its right or not but i do know that they arent making there 18wks sorry i know thats obvious for you as you been waiting way longer. big hugs xx

Isnt it 18 weeks from funding being granted?Why would they say 18 weeks from referral date as it takes ages to get through tests etc and you could still be refused.

Hi Spikeyjaycee ... have they given you an indication of why it is taking so long to get you through the system?
Is it that your funding hasnt been approved by your local authority or what?
Everyone just seems to have a different timescale applied to them and there must be a reason behind this.
18 weeks doesnt seem to be at all relevant (although, sadly, its what we all have been hoping for)
I have to admit to finding it very very hard waiting myself - there seem to be compelling reasons why operations should be sooner for some than others.
Maybe you need to get your doctor to write and ask for a firm date or reasons why you are being seemingly 'held back' with your date.
I wish I could go down to chichester and organise her paperwork for her ... or sprinkle fairy dust and give them a big boot up their bots to make them go quicker.
Hugzzzz because I know the frustration of waiting.
Julie x (aka Teapot)

Hi Julie
I was told by Christine I would be done January 2010, I believe it's 26 wks from the date u first see the consultant and he agree's to do op. ( I already had funding in place) When I first saw Mr Slater on 29/07/2009 he told me 2-4 months! hmmm.....bit hopeful hehe.

xxx

i love my consultant as everyone knows ,but veila sais something the other day that the surgeons are a little optimistic xx

Hi Spikeyjaycee ... have they given you an indication of why it is taking so long to get you through the system?
Is it that your funding hasnt been approved by your local authority or what?
Everyone just seems to have a different timescale applied to them and there must be a reason behind this.
18 weeks doesnt seem to be at all relevant (although, sadly, its what we all have been hoping for)
I have to admit to finding it very very hard waiting myself - there seem to be compelling reasons why operations should be sooner for some than others.
Maybe you need to get your doctor to write and ask for a firm date or reasons why you are being seemingly 'held back' with your date.
I wish I could go down to chichester and organise her paperwork for her ... or sprinkle fairy dust and give them a big boot up their bots to make them go quicker.
Hugzzzz because I know the frustration of waiting.
Julie x (aka Teapot)

Hi Julie (part 2!)
No I got no indication as to the delay. I thought Christine was very off hand (and I was very polite to her) but she made it very clear she wasn't giving any clues as to timescales etc.Last time I saw my doctor a few weeks ago even he tried contacting the hospital to find out where I was on the list and he got nowhere. He even wrote a letter to the consultant and faxed it that day, yet still there's this wall of sound that I can't penetrate.
Tanya...I saw Mr Slater on 30 April and was told a few months so if it is 26 weeks that would make it mid November?
Mandy - I'm curious as to what Velia said - do spill the beans.

I do know that this has really upset me. All day I have been bursting into tears and when I got home from work I sobbed my heart out (and feel wrecked now!). I thought about writing direct to the consultant explaining my concerns. What do others think about that idea?
Thanks for putting up with my moans and just for 'being there'.

hi hun They are really giving you the run around at st richards, I saw mr john in jan 09 and had op end of aug 09 but gp referred me may 08. Just to give you idea of time scale.
Try not to get upset Easier said than done i know.
Really hope you hear soon x

hi spikey
she said they arent making there 18wk rule that the trust wont allow them anymore referals until they can reach the 18wk target. she also said mr slater etc where great guys but a little no with it where timescales are concerned. im being polite she wasnt so much so. they are trying to get everyone through asap and wont be opening for referals until list is clear. i dont know if certain surgeons are longer waits? i wouldnt have someone else,i wonder why lol but was told by the man himself that i only have 2 choices anyway as i need open etc. dont know what ur having and if you can change surgeons ? xxxx

Hi guys. Still feel low today but I have done something constructive. I have written to Mr Slater giving dates etc of referral and appts of dietician etc and asked why it is taken so long. I have also stated that, using information from this board (no names just dates etc), that several people have had considerably less waiting time than I and, whilst I'm not trying to queue jump, I would like an explanation as to the time delay. Or course, nothing may come off it but.......if it gets him looking at my case and there has been an oversight on their behalf.......well I've got nowt to lose! Will let you know IF and when I get a reply.

Hi Julie (part 2!)
No I got no indication as to the delay. I thought Christine was very off hand (and I was very polite to her) but she made it very clear she wasn't giving any clues as to timescales etc.Last time I saw my doctor a few weeks ago even he tried contacting the hospital to find out where I was on the list and he got nowhere. He even wrote a letter to the consultant and faxed it that day, yet still there's this wall of sound that I can't penetrate.
Tanya...I saw Mr Slater on 30 April and was told a few months so if it is 26 weeks that would make it mid November?
Mandy - I'm curious as to what Velia said - do spill the beans.

I do know that this has really upset me. All day I have been bursting into tears and when I got home from work I sobbed my heart out (and feel wrecked now!). I thought about writing direct to the consultant explaining my concerns. What do others think about that idea?
Thanks for putting up with my moans and just for 'being there'.

Hi Spikeyjaycee (Julie Part 1) have I got this right, you were on the list for ages before you got your first consultation - and then saw Mr Somers for your first consultation on 20 April. (Hope I've read it right). Ok, right, I know that the lists before I got there werent moving well, what you need to ask is why it took so long on the list before you got a date with your consultant then? they don't tend to give an answer - my doctor wrote for me 3 weeks back and there is a 'response' in the typing pool list (!) but I have spoken with my doctors today (the lady that deals) and I've just said bin the thing because the letter won't give us any clues.
Strangely enough, I spoke with Christine today (obviously having a bad day - yet again !!!) I needed to give her a change of contact information and then I asked a question ( having been given a cut off date of January, basically, if they operate in January on me I will be down with hayfever- its tree pollen for me which affects me for months at a time literally half a year) and I've said, what happens if I am ill at the point they call me in ? Christine then said, you might not be ill, to which I retorted, well I have been for the last 10 years, so I can't see how its going to change now, but I asked if that mean I'd be off the list and loose my op all together (grrrr) She said it might happen before then.
As you can very much guess, I'm not holding my breath because otherwise I'm going to turn blue - and I'm not going to hold them to it possibly happening before then - cos it won't.
They are just really bad at keeping to timescales and limits.
I would guess that the delay before your first consultation might have been in getting the funding (?)
In comparison, my funding was approved very very quickly ... Doctor asked me in January if I wanted a bypass (he approached me not me asking him)
he faxed through, we got forms completed them and I got long list of hospitals to choose from - at least its local and easy to get to - no long expensive train journeys to London .... you're in the system at least and the new people aren't getting onto the list they are being turned away or have at least a 2-3 year wait before they see a consultant so I suppose we all need to be happy and feel lucky (not a consolation I know) but we are nearing the start of a new journey : ))

Hi guys. Still feel low today but I have done something constructive. I have written to Mr Slater giving dates etc of referral and appts of dietician etc and asked why it is taken so long. I have also stated that, using information from this board (no names just dates etc), that several people have had considerably less waiting time than I and, whilst I'm not trying to queue jump, I would like an explanation as to the time delay. Or course, nothing may come off it but.......if it gets him looking at my case and there has been an oversight on their behalf.......well I've got nowt to lose! Will let you know IF and when I get a reply.

Well done you Julie 1 (spikeyjaycee) I think doing something such as that does at least help 'vent' your anger in a constructive manner.

I havent been 'active in writing' on this site for a while, mainly because I was getting upset and frustrated too. I think we all are - you're life is basically in such limbo because you can't plan weeks ahead, you are hoping that you'll get your date through and you get told conflicting information and given false hopes by chichester itself. It would help if maybe you were given an indication such as:

You are on the list for a November operation

or

You will be operated on by 1st December

I do hope you get a response from Chichester, that is both polite and informative.

Keep your chin up and keep smiling though = although its easier said than done, I know.

hope ive not upset you spikey id never mean to upset anyone. feel so bad:cry::cry:

hope ive not upset you spikey id never mean to upset anyone. feel so bad:cry::cry:

Mandy - you have no reason to feel bad - you have not upset anyone. If anyone is to blame it is the hospital - at the end of the day they are responsible for appointments etc. NO-ONE on this board is in any way, shape or form to blame. Don't ever think that. Big hug!

Mandy - you have no reason to feel bad - you have not upset anyone. If anyone is to blame it is the hospital - at the end of the day they are responsible for appointments etc. NO-ONE on this board is in any way, shape or form to blame. Don't ever think that. Big hug!
thankyou darling hugs xxxx xxxxx

Hi Julie
I was told by Christine I would be done January 2010, I believe it's 26 wks from the date u first see the consultant and he agree's to do op. ( I already had funding in place) When I first saw Mr Slater on 29/07/2009 he told me 2-4 months! hmmm.....bit hopeful hehe.

xxx

OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!! That means next Friday is 26 weeks for me! Let's hope the trend is correct! :)

hello

hello one and all. ok what i can understand from you lot are saying we are all in the same boat here ,
as i went to chichester on the 21 of april to see mr ahmed r ahmed he told me that it was 18 weeks til my op i thought oh really wow . i saw the head doctor then i saw the diet person twice,
come the 15th week mark i did ask what was going i ve been ringing christine ona every other week basise to make sure i know what is going on
then christine told me that im going ot have mr shaw somers now and not mr ahmed . i rang christine the other day and i got told that my cutt of date was 2010 jan . i have my funding i got in in oct 08 then i went to chichester april 09 . as its been a year since i got my funding . so guys i asking what is going on at chichester , malc. btw im malc4 on wls site to xx

Back