• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Katrine's GB Journey

trine57

:):) Hi Everyone!

I have dipped in and out of this forum since June when I decided to have my Gastric band fitted.
Since then I have completed the pre op Milk diet had the surgery and am four days post op.
All said and done things are going well. Still suffering alot with wind despite peppermint tea, deflatine and gripe water. The wounds themselves are bruising beautifully - all the colours of the rainbow - no stitches though all done with Mr Super's super glue!!!! :cool: Can shower as much as I like.
Drinking that is a whole new ball game. One of the nurses told me to drink hot fluids as they reduce the swelling whereas cold fluids neiter help nor hinder.
Forgot to mention I am on painkillers every 4 hours - last night I slept right through - definately a step in the right direction.

Most days I am managing the following:
  • 325mls Slimfast
  • 100mls Strawberry & Banana Smoothies
  • 1750mls additional fluid - Sugar Free Squash, Peppermint Tea,Breakfast Tea and Water.
I have bought some Chocolate Options to make myself a bedtime drink tonight with Semi Skimmed Milk. Daily Vit & Min Supplement and a Calcium & Vit D Supplement.
Terribly constipated - glycerine suppositories didn't work so trying Movicol for the next few nights.
On a more positive note I walked about a mile today which I am proud of and must continue to do on a daily basis. Hoping to go swimming on Friday.:D

Last edited:
hi thanks for this as im pre op and a bander so its interesting to hear peoples storys...... i always thought thre wouldnt be much pain with the gastric band for what ever reason... silly really to think that as its still a op so god knows what made me think that! i wish you a speedy recovery and all the best x

hi thanks for this as im pre op and a bander so its interesting to hear peoples storys...... i always thought thre wouldnt be much pain with the gastric band for what ever reason... silly really to think that as its still a op so god knows what made me think that! i wish you a speedy recovery and all the best x

Kelly,
Don't worry about the pain - its more discomfort and aches around the middle of your body back and front. Thanks for your good wishes. I will keep an eye out for you when you get your date - sure you will be shouting "it" from the roof tops.

omg will i!!! haha i cannot wait!!!! its seems an age away i tell ya! x

Katrine
you are doing well to be off walking!
I was given Milpar by the Dr at Homerton for constipation. It worked a treat, didnt taste too good as it is liquid format but made life so much easier. It doesnt grip either.
Not sure if you can get it over the counter!
Anyhow -u r doing well.
Shells
x

Congratulations on doing so well so fast Trine. Keep posting about your progress please, it's great to follow.

Well a week ago just now I was in theatre having my band fitted. Now feeling alot better wind is on the way out and the scales are telling me I have lost weight. Lost 15lbs pre op and 5lbs post op - may be a little more due to lack of bowel movements!!!!!

A fantastic start Katrine... thinking of you! xxx

well done on your weight loss.
glad to hear you're getting on well

xx

Well I have said goodbye to the long trousers, boots and surgical shockings. Welcome back cropped trousers/shorts (when sun comes out) and flipflops. Feeling really good hit a milestone this morning I weighed in at 13st 13.75lbs. Wow What a feeling that was!!!!
Wishing everyone a good day x

Hi guys, been reading everything and you are all doing so well.. i wish it was me i hope i have your strength when my pre op starts on the 16th august

i wish you all the best and i appreciate all your honesty and will be reading more to get your strength

nite nite

slimslo

well done honey.
its been killing me not to weigh myself this week! im determind not to obsess over it! its weigh in day on saturday. ive had a really heavy totm though and i feel quite bloted so maybe i will sts. im not fussed though, i know it'll go in the end!

keep up the good work!

xx

Two weeks today I had my band fitted and I am feeling on top of the world. Soft foods on the menu today what a treat!!!! Going for a swim today which I am so looking forward to. Wounds all healed now. Still stepping on the scales every morning and night - a bit surreal seeing i lose weight everyday. My head still tells me I am 15st 5lbs but scales tell me different - 13st 12.5lbs. Should I hide the scales. I have hopped on and off scales all my life.

hide them!
i feel like chucking mine away. i just can not help but get on them constantly.
ive been told to a million times & to just check once a month...but if i do that, i wont be able to see what ive done wrong week by week if i regain weight somewhere down the line.
i weighed myself this morning, and it says im the same as last saturday..im not worrying about it though. we'll see what happens on saturday.

i wish i dared go swimming yet, im not getting my cossy on till spain at the end of september.

xx

Still stepping on and off the scales - no willpower to hide them maybe need to throw them away but hubbie and son step on them too!!!!
Great day yesterday with Oats so Simple Shephards Pie twice and a frube plus drinks. Doing well with the soft diet.

Still battling with the wind in the evening despite peppermint cordial. Friend suggested pineapple juice so that is what is on the menu tonight.Been for a long walk today swam yesterday and have booked in at the gym for fitness programme to help with all the saggy skin I am going to get!!!!

hark at how positive you sound in such a short time!!! CVertainly a new you has ben ordered and is winging her way to you as we speak. Slim, sexy and happyh oh how good is that!!! Well done band buddy keep up the good work xx

I know it is normal but I have stuck at 13st 11.75lbs for about a week - I know I have plateaued but still doesn't help not seeing the scales moving. It will come in time I just have to be patient!!!!!

Back