• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Katrine's GB Journey

Hi trine, with the last fill I have had I for the first time I have had a few episodes when I have nearly been sick just on liquids. You need to watch things to ensure that you are not too tight and need a little bit out. If you find you cannot keep anything down then get in touch with your provider immediately and get some advice as you may need a little bit out.

Hope things settle for you soon.

tranquil x

Hi All

I have my first band fill today and to be honest I am scared!

I don't know what to expect and am quite honestly brickin it!

Don't like the idea of being sick ad it's all been good so far.... Oh apart from me trying to rush things with the roast potato in week 2 post op! That was very unpleasant!!!

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Cheers. Sally

(ps. My login on MyFitnessPal is moulin85... Feel free to add me!) xx

Hi Everyone!

Its been ages since I was last on the forum but I am pleased to report I am still on track and have no regrets with my GB.
I now have 8.25mls in my band and lose about 3lbs per month.
Stepped on scales this morning and I am pleased to report a naked weight of 10st13.25 - am I chuffed or what!!!!!!!!
I am not far off 5st weight loss in just 15months.
Keep going all you banders - life is so good.
Went to a ball last weekend in a size 16 Coast little black number. Wow did I feel amazing.

Here I am back again - Gb still in place. Doing well I think.
Over last few months I have had quite a few adjustments to my band - decrease fluid amount.
I need some help please.
After 1ml fluid taken out last week and after two years am now experiencing referred pain in my shoulder - any advice please.

Last edited:
Still struggling with referred pain and am even waking up with it. Any suggestions what is going on here?
So strange less fluid in band now than eighteen months ago.
When I had the last defile it was more painful than previously and I was left with bruising - nurse said this was done to dehydration on my part.
Any help would be appreciated. I am waiting for my normal band fill nurse to return my call.

Just received appoint to go to St George's Hospital in London next week to see Bariatric Consultant. Looks like I will have a barium swallow and endoscopy - really nervous about this

Hope all goes well with your appointment :)

Back