• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Katrine's GB Journey

Please keep writing band people. Help & support is great and appreciated so much.

I lived in chocolate for almost 3 weeks without one solid square meal. I was being sick after everything, no matter how much I chewed or how small the portion.

The pain and discomfort of eating proper food was driving me to tears (takes alot for me to cry! Lol)

Instead of putting myself through that, I just didn't eat, and when I was extremely hungry and blood sugar was v low, I'd buy loads and loads of chocolate to fill myself.

Anyway, Xmas is over now. I spent a few good days with my mum and with the new yr and clean slate mentality, I have some new found strength and direction in side of me. It may only be the 3rd day of the yr, but it's good to say I haven't binged this yr :)

I had my op on July 23rd last yr. I'm approximately 2 stone down in weight. I didn't have a huge weightless but i know I've not been playing ball. But you know what, I'm human. I am learning. I feel willing and I am trying. I can do no more.

Please keep talking on here. It encourages me to read, understand myself and make me feel others know what's going in.

Appreciate you lot x

Hope you are okay. Sounds like you need more support.
have you contacted your provider?

I have to say this has been a very informative thread for me - I'm due for the band on 17th Jan and have started my pre-op diet today...sat in the living room and can only think about the food in the cupboard!

It's been great to read through your post op experiences,gives me more of an idea of what I'm expecting..tough on here with all the bypassers and their quick weight loss,but reading this gives me a bit more hope!

So just wanted to say thanks and well done :)

Leonie,

Glad to be of help. I wish you lots of luck with your GB journey and if i can help at all just shout - sen d me a private message if that helps as i check this forum regularly.
Best of Luck for 17th Jan

Great thread very informative . I'm having my band fitted in Belgium on the 14th February . With Marc Focquet . cant wait. By the way are there any guys on here who have had a band ?

Trine it has been really informative reading your weightloss diary, like many others it has helped me to know what will happen before and after my gastric band op which is coming up in 3 days time (23rd Jan 2011)
Feeling nervous about the op itself but I'm really encouraged by your weightloss journey and you too had a gastric band and not a bypass!
Please keep the updates coming, really hope you are continuing with your sucessful journey x
Hopefully I will start my own diary to help others like you have helped me x :D

It's been a while since I was on the forum but I am still hanging in there. Had another band fill on Saturday 19th February - 0.8mls was put in taking me to 7mls in total. the first few days were very hard with alot of restriction which resulted in a few vomitting episodes but that has settled down now and I am tolerating alot more foods.
Onward and upward they say but the weight must go downward!!!!!

Last edited:
Struggled with food after last band fill - alot of food got stuck but things have settled down now. weight always moves down immediately after fill then stays put. Need to increase exercise and cut down on my wine drinking:cry::cry:

what a great diary!
well done with your weight loss you are nearly at goal!
Pure inspiration
xx

Thanks for your kind words Tamgredan.
Another band fill on Thursday - had 0.3mls put in which gives a total of 7.3mls. Doing well and I think I might have finally reached my sweet spot. No hunger felt at all. Good luck to all fellow banders x

love love love this diary!

Well I had my band fill a few weeks ago and now have 7.3mls in my band. Weight has not moved much this time - only lost a pound and a half but know I am partially to blame. Drinking too much wine in the evening - stressed at mo. Need to get a grip on this!!!!!!!

Hi Katrine and congratulations on your weight loss to date. Some of the banders are logging food intake and exercise daily. Why don't you join in - it might help in keeping things on track. You are getting close to goal - keep going!

tranquil x

Yesterday I read a thread about My Fitness Pal - downloaded it and it's going to keep me on track

Hi Everyone,
A month since being on the forum.
Had another band fill on 31st May - 0.5mls added bringing the total to 7.8mls. This time I haven't felt any difference in the restriction in fact seem to be eating bigger portions!!! Lost 1lb since fill but have spoken to my dietitian today and she agrees I need to be booked in to see the nurse and check there is no leakage and may need another fill. Have to wait until 29th June - wish it was sooner!

Had my band fill today. Now have 8.5mls was fine at clinic. Drank 2cups of hot choc. Now home and have tried slim fast,sweet potato soup, fromage frais over the last few hours - teaspoonfuls eaten very slowly but cannot keep it down. Now trying tea. Any ideas? Probably just need to stick to thin clear fluids for a few days!

Had my band fill today. Now have 8.5mls was fine at clinic. Drank 2cups of hot choc. Now home and have tried slim fast,sweet potato soup, fromage frais over the last few hours - teaspoonfuls eaten very slowly but cannot keep it down. Now trying tea. Any ideas? Probably just need to stick to thin clear fluids for a few days!

Hi trine, have you tried consommé, they are great for straight after a fill - I know they are bland but they hit the spot for me when everything is still tender.

tranquil x

Thanks for that Tranquil. I will buy some tomorrow. Tea didn't go down well now trying very weak squash. All good fun!
Do you think this is quite normal just after a fill as I have never experienced this before?

Back