• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Katrine's GB Journey

5lbs!!!!! That is sensational!!!!! Well done love!
I hope that has restored your faith in your own abilities!!
Keep in contact with us banders and we can make sure whatever happens, that we can keep each other going to goal, maintenance and beyond!
I am so happy for you xxxxx Awesome !

yeah sounds like you have got to your point in the band where it is working well. Good for you matey its been hard going but has all paid off now keep it going and slimdom here you come xx

Thanks for all your support. I know alot of people don't have a high regard to THG but I cannot fault them in their aftercare.
I am doing really well - 4lbs off three stone since 29/07/10. Another band fill booked for 30th October where the dietitian has recommended 0.25mls in my band. Slowly but surely - and it is working for me. Good for the THG. x

Well done thats brilliant nearly 3 stone!!! I have lost about 8lb since op so slight differnce but it is my second one isnt it so bit different. Glad its working for you and you have good advisors xx

Hi I am now 6 days post op gastric band nd welcomed ur diary entry i sort of know what i should be aiming for how is it going now? I have lost 12lb already

It is quite a while since I was last on the forum and thought my diary needed an update.
Went away for a few days in a hotel last week with the family and boy have my eating habits changed. No cooked breakfasts, no toast just a bowl of cereal and cup of tea.
No puddings - just didn't have any room!!!
I am now 4lbs off three stone weight loss and have my next band fill on Saturday but they are saying they will only put in about 0.2mls. We will just have to wait and see. Hope all is going well with everyone else. x

Well Done Trine You have done brilliantly so far a real inspiration to me. Had mine with THG on 12th Oct. so early days yet. Lost a stone so far which I am thrilled with.

Hi Alispring and Welcome hun, see you have been on here a few months now, we need more banders like you to show how you`re doing in the coming months, good or bad. It helps people who are about to undergo surgery or newly post op (like us) how we are coping.

There is only a few days between our surgery dates; were you done at THG also. Have you had your letters regarding seeing the dietician and going for your first band fill. They originally wrote giving me 2 dates, on 16th & 17th November. I phoned to change them both for the same day as its a couple of hours travel each way for me, let alone the cost of petrol. I`d rather hang around for a couple of hours than take 2 days off my annual leave.

Take care all. Love Kat x

Well Done Trine You have done brilliantly so far a real inspiration to me. Had mine with THG on 12th Oct. so early days yet. Lost a stone so far which I am thrilled with.

Hi Alispring and Welcome hun, see you have been on here a few months now, we need more banders like you to show how you`re doing in the coming months, good or bad. It helps people who are about to undergo surgery or newly post op (like us) how we are coping.

There is only a few days between our surgery dates; were you done at THG also. Have you had your letters regarding seeing the dietician and going for your first band fill. They originally wrote giving me 2 dates, on 16th & 17th November. I phoned to change them both for the same day as its a couple of hours travel each way for me, let alone the cost of petrol. I`d rather hang around for a couple of hours than take 2 days off my annual leave.

Take care all. Love Kat x

Kat,

Glad to hear all is going well for you. I really have so much faith in Mr Super and THG so here's to your weight loss too x

Had my third band fill on Saturday. Initially the nurse put in 1ml but I knew it was too much so she took out 0.5mls which felt better. Weight is on the decline again - lost another 1.5lbs since Saturday. Still on soft but don't feel full at all. Previously when I had the fills even the soft diet I felt the restriction.
The test will be textured food tomorrow!!!!

well done Trine all still going the right way lady so your doing something right. Keep the updates coming love tohear your getting on so well xx

not too good but think I have stopped being sick after everything I tried so must be doing something right so hopefully the weight losses will begin again now I am not starving myself!! Does help xx

Well I am sitting on teh childrens ward at the national Orthopaedic hospital in Birmingham son jake just abck from theatre to remove benign tumour on foot - all went well.
I am pleased with my weight loss journey, now have 6.2mls in my band and feel good restriction weight keeps dropping now weigh 12st 3.5lbs - what a difference from my starting weight of 15st 8.75lbs on 29th July 2010.
wishing everyone lots of luck on their WL journey. x

Great news on the weightloss! Sorry to hear your son has had to have surgery, must be a very worrying time for you. I hope he has a speedy recovery XX

Well I had a wonderful Christmas - ate far less than last year and have lost 1lb this week. Hope you all had a great time and are coping well with your WLS.

Back