• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Knee surgery

Magsy

Went to hospital this morning and yeahhhhhhhhhhh can now have my knee replacement surgery done. I have been waiting for 6 years and can't believe that it is only 5 months since bypass and i have lost enough weight (6 1/2 stone) for then to agree to do the surgery. Have been given a 12 week window so really pleased. Yeah will be able to drive again. So pleased and grateful that i was able to have my bypass, it has given me my life back x :8855:

Yay!!! That's great news :D congratulations!!!

Hi

That's good news, I have got to have one of my knees do, but I can't go on the waiting list untill I am 65, which is a pain as I am only 53. It's odd how every PCT has different rules for the same procedure, just like they do with weightloss surgery, with some doing it at a BMI of 40 and some upto 60.

Paul

Hi

That's good news, I have got to have one of my knees do, but I can't go on the waiting list untill I am 65, which is a pain as I am only 53. It's odd how every PCT has different rules for the same procedure, just like they do with weightloss surgery, with some doing it at a BMI of 40 and some upto 60.

Paul

65 before they will replace your knee! wow, that seems so wrong, I had mine done at 44

Wow paul that seems a long time to wait. I could have had mine done 5 years ago if i had been lighter. Hope your not in to much pain as i know how that feels. I think i would go barmy if i had to wait another 10 years as i am 55 now. Good luck hun x

oh yay! thats fantastic news magsy, woop!! :) xxx

Fab news, Magsy !!

I want to crete a new "bionic Shaz" as well -- the new skinny sleeved stomach is only the first part -- then I am hoping to get 1 x new hip and 2 x new knees (on BUPA who will cover those surgeries but won't cover WLS) .... and then if I can save up I might eventually look into getting my teeth done and eyes lasered ..... bcos I might actually care how I look in the future!

Not so worried yet about loose skin yet -- but will cross that bridge (with spanx pants) when I come to it!

I feel like i might end up a bit bionic -- like "we can rebuild her" !!!!

Hope you like your bionic knee(s). :)

Back