• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lansoprazole capsules

Cmetz

I am currently prescribed lansoprazole caplet 30 mg 2x a day along with carafate 20 ml 4 x day for extremely discomforting acid reflux and gastritis. I just under went surgery for an ulcer and the surgeon also found an internal hernia in my bowel all was repaired about six weeks ago. Still no improvement in pain from gastritis and acid reflux. Question is does anybody have a problem absorbing lansoprazole in caplet form maybe this why this medication is not working? My surgery was done in July of 2017.

Bling Babe

I am currently prescribed lansoprazole caplet 30 mg 2x a day along with carafate 20 ml 4 x day for extremely discomforting acid reflux and gastritis. I just under went surgery for an ulcer and the surgeon also found an internal hernia in my bowel all was repaired about six weeks ago. Still no improvement in pain from gastritis and acid reflux. Question is does anybody have a problem absorbing lansoprazole in caplet form maybe this why this medication is not working? My surgery was done in July of 2017.
Can I ask which surgery you had?

Bling Babe

Gastric Bypass... RNy
I’m also taking Lansoprazole and thankfully I have no problem, I hope you get some answers soon, reflux is so uncomfortable x

Cmetz

Switched over Prantoprazole 20 mg 2x a day for the past two days showing improvement must be absorbing these tablets no hard coating like the Lansoprazole. Will be switching over to Lansoprazole deisentigrating tablets 30mg 2x day when the pharmacy gets it in tomorrow. Lost about 20 # through this.

Cmetz

The good news is the doctor would have never found hernia in the bowel had he not checked when I had dark stool from the ulcer.