• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UPDATE - Bloods results in!!!

Hi tpt, I hope that the results from your tests will enable the doctors to identify what is wrong with you and hopefully advice you accordingly? I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. You mentioned that you had alternative/complementary therapy for your previous injuries. Would any of them be beneficial now? Hope you'll be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Rebirth

When did the pain disappear? I too have arthritis in various parts after flinging myself down a mountain in Turkey some years ago! Idiot! My size has never really bothered me, it has always been my weight. I can't wait to feel light on my feet and not have terrible pain every time I stand up and walk around.

Good luck with the blood results for Monday.

Dumped for England at first! now not a thing...(releif).

I had Kineisiology for 18 months and that sorted out a lot of the problems that the presciption drugs had caused (not the ulcer tho) and got me lucid again. I had my Op in July while it was still warm so my pain was not as bad as in the winter, but I had hit over 17stone and while I am a tall, big built lass, it was too much and my hips were sooo painfull and my feet / ankles / shins were swelling -that was it for me. Booked it, packed it and fooked off to Surgicare :D I have not had a twang since (other than if I am on my bike for too long) and am waiting to see what happens now the weather is turning. That was when I had lost 3 stone.

I don't take any western Meds at all, just herbal ones, Glucosamine, Fish Oil etc and I keep as active as I can. I give my hips heated bean bags when they hurt and make sure I don't subject them to the cold too much. I have a tens + massager too if it gets really bad but I never ever give in to the pain.

Also - I weighed myself this morn and after my 2lb gain, I have lost 5lb. I think it's about 6lb to go now till I have lost 4 stone and this week I am 10 weeks post op. For me, it has been very stop-start.

My brain is soooo ready to start training but alas as yet the body is weak, but hopefully next week things will change. I will try what Phatgirl has suggested, 2 mouthfulls of protein to 1 of carb,plus my protein shake (gross!).

I am optimistic, no point getting stressed!

i'll be honest too didnt come on to give advice cos mine sux and will be no help as I dunno what to say. :rolleyes:

Just hope you feel better soon and size 14 !!! So you're in those jeans you bought ! Nice one !!:D

take care hun. It will all come right in time

Ok - so rang up for the results and had a long chat with the doc. And the verdict is?????? all fine - B12, thyroid, BP, HB blah blah. He cannot explain the vertigo and the only dignosis he could come up with in total is that it is the Lansoprazole causing the aching in my limbs - apparently it is one of the rarer side effects. We discussed taking me off it to try another brand but he said that they all have the same properties / side effects.

I told him about the difficulties re exhaustion & very low energy levels and he agreed that I could start working out / training and see how my energy levels increase that way.

He did also state that I am actually on paper a very healthy woman!

Bit gutted that there wasn't a more treatable diagnosis - could shove a pill down my throat and start to feel better (normal) again quickly, but if this is how it's go to be then so be it - most folk have to put up with much more.

:)

Ok - so rang up for the results and had a long chat with the doc. And the verdict is?????? all fine - B12, thyroid, BP, HB blah blah. He cannot explain the vertigo and the only dignosis he could come up with in total is that it is the Lansoprazole causing the aching in my limbs - apparently it is one of the rarer side effects. We discussed taking me off it to try another brand but he said that they all have the same properties / side effects.

I told him about the difficulties re exhaustion & very low energy levels and he agreed that I could start working out / training and see how my energy levels increase that way.

He did also state that I am actually on paper a very healthy woman!

Bit gutted that there wasn't a more treatable diagnosis - could shove a pill down my throat and start to feel better (normal) again quickly, but if this is how it's go to be then so be it - most folk have to put up with much more.

:)

Hi Tina

Glad there was nothing sinister going on...that's got to be great news.

However, it's strange you talk of Lanzoprazol causing vertigo type feelings because I too have these feelings, albeit mild and I'm taking Omeprazol...and I still think it had something to do with my flare up

Anyway, pleased you got a clean bill of health....but sorry it's kind of left you up in the air with your current symptoms...hopefully it will ease off with time.

Snow xx

Hi hun i suppose its good news that nothing is wrong with you and he has given u a clean bill of health but i can totally understand u wanting it to be something minor that can be sorted out easily with a tab or jab.
Hun do u think u might need to look at ur food choices and maybe tweak them maybe u will have more energy, soz cant offer any more than that lol as still am pre op lol.
Take care hun and chat soon xxx

Nope Roch - despite what the food police on this site say, according to my batriatic nurse, my dietitian and my GP, my intake is fine and balanced. Obviously they would like me to eat more regularly but when you have a group of adults playing thousands to be on your course and an 8 hr class to deliver, you can't just tell them 'oh sorry folks, I need to stop and eat'. I get 30 mins lunchtime SOMETIMES if I am lucky and that is always taken up by students or staff.

The achy limbs I can tolerate, the vertigo is not so hot as I have to grip on to something to stop myself keeling over.And all my finest plans to start training tonight have fallen by the wayside, as I ache so much & am shattered, came in, hot bath, jimmy jams and am now off to my pit for the night.

It will sort itself out eventually.

Back