• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lansoprazole - to take or not to take

BUNNYRIOJA

[url=http://tickers.wlsur
I was prescribed 30mg of Lansorazole when I left hospital & advised by the team I would need to take them for life, they were left off of my meds list provided to my GP, so I'm not sure if I need them or not. Does anyone else take them?
Thanks Bunny x:)

Hi,

I think out of all our meds this is the most important. It stops the production of too much stomach acid that can cause ulcers etc in our new delicate pouches.

I've been advised to take 2 a day for the 1st 6 months & then on to 1 a day for 18 months. But I do know other people who had the same surgeon as me who have been told to take them forever.

You really do need to get these.

i was given 1 months supply when i left hospital yesterday and was told i need to take 1 a day for 2 months, and that i will need to get the 2nd months prescription from my GP

I was guessing it is just until the stomach pouch is fully healed

hi i didn't take it for very long at all not sure i it was surgeon or gp who said i could stop takin it after about 4/6 weeks but that was 18months ago protocols could've changed since and also different hospitals have different advice hope that helps :D

I had to take mine for 3 months xxx

Im just over 6 months out and still take one a day. If I forget for a day or two I feel sick, so I definitely think they are worth continuing.

As with all things though, take the advice of your bariatric team when it comes to important things such as which meds to take x

hi, i take this tablet as i,ve got acid reflux (hiteas hernea) dont think thats now you spell it!
havent had op yet, but i was told i need to take this for the rest of my life, hope this helps. wendy

I was also told to take it for rest of my life as it stops the acid reflux which can damage a small tum. I just take one in the morning with my calsuim and vits
Before op I suffered loads was given a script at Walsall to take before my op for a couple of weeks. I havent had acid or any sort of indigestion since taking them

i was told for the rest of my life but it turned out i was alergic to them and they made me ill and i had a terible rash. i am now on different tabs , but they do same job....................kath x

I was only given enough to last a couple of weeks after the op but didnt take more than a few days worth at home. When I went for my post op check with Mr Li a few weeks back he told me to get them from my GP and to stay on them for two years. He said that whilst Im not having any problems, the stomach acid could cause little ulcers around the new joins etc in my pouch/system and that the pills would prevent that from happening. I suppose he will readvise me after the two years but for now I got them from my GP and intend on making sure that I take them.
Steph xx

I was told to stop mine after 6 months and everything seems fine without them. Different places say different things go and what your surgeon says they know best for you

Jo
xx

2 each day for 1st 6 months, then 1 a day for life x

Well I was given 3 months supply by the hospital when I was discharged, I forget to take them 3 days running and felt constantly sick (naughty!!) As soon as I started taking them again the sickness disappeared so I think I'll stick with them!!

Hi, I'm finding these really helpful. I was given 4 weeks worth but told i probably wouldn't need them by the time I was back on solid food again. We'll see I suppose.

Back