• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone else been advised not to take fastabs?

Thank you everyone...yes this is a good post and a subject that we should all be aware of after wls. xxxx

I don't know about the hairloss Em, I lost a lot of mine previously with cancer treatments, but have only found thickening shampoos helped me...

We have to take our supplements and give it a good go though Angel...

When are you having your blood test for glucose?

I tend to spin my mountain of pills through the day and just get them down with water... I'm only struggling with the zinc dissolvable, but do try and get them down.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

I wanted to ask if anyone knows..
I take zinc 1/3 times a day and one tab of selenium.
Even taking these my hair is really really coming out.
Do taking these tablets actually help hairloss or does anyone take anything better???
Thanks

I take Silica Complex and Biotin, both available from Puritan's Pride.
Discount Vitamins & Herbal Supplements from Puritan's Pride Puritan United Kingdom
But 2 get 3rd free just now.
Noticed that Holland and Barrett have Silica Complex in just now but don't know how good theirs is. Others have recommended Boots 'Hair and Nails'

I also use Kerastase shampoo and (fingers crossed) my hair has been ok except for a month or so when it seemed to shed a bit more and went really soft.

Protein is essential to keep your hair in good condition so no matter what supplements you try, keep up your protein intake.

Also remember, the condition your hair is in just now is an indicator of what was happening to your body months ago, so it is essential to get as much protein into your body before and in the vital few liquid/soft months after your op.

From what most people say, the loss/thinning is short-lived and the hair will grow back.

Good Luck!

Back