• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lansoprazole - to take or not to take

I'm on them for life xx

I'm on 30mg a day for life, and feel crap if I miss one:)

I was not put on these at all. My surgeon doesnt recommend them for some reason. When my GP realised I was not on them she prescribed them but the hosptial said not to take them so I am going with what the surgeon says. I am 10 weeks post op and still alive so hopefully the surgeon knows what he is doing lol

Hiya i was put on these before and after my surgery. At my last visit to see the team at walsall which was my 12 month appointment, Dr heartland took them off me along with my blood pressure tablets have felt no different with out them. He did ask me if i suffered with acid reflux which i don't any more. I think it all depends on if you suffer with acid or not. Janey:D:D:D

They are to prevent acid reflux as your stomach is still inside you producing acid, but getting no food to neutralise the acid. If the stomach produces to much acid you can end up getting ulcers where your stomach/pouch joins are and can be seriously ill! Im so shocked to hear that some surgeons are saying not to take them?! :O

Back