• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Laser hair removal

Eve30

Hi- the laser place I went to for patch test said they needed letter to say I'm allowed to have the treatment after the op and just wondering if anyone knows who to obtain this letter from? Gp/bariatric team/surgeon? Thanks

Why do you think you need a letter off your doc to get laser hair removal ? Xxx

The laser clinic said they need one!

Sorry you took me the wrong way I meant I wonder why they have asked you for a letter I wouldn't have thought them to things would clash. Just shows you
Please let me know how you get on with the removal iv got bad hair on my neck and chest and its getting unmanageable
Xxx

I was surprised too but nurse said its fine! Had my first session 3 weeks ago and so far hair is already coming back slower so I'm hopeful! It's the cynosure laser which I googled and it has won lots of awards- happy to keep you posted as to how it works!

Sounds great ill give it a google and read up on it. Thank you so much for keeping me updated xxx

I have been going to the Premier Laser Clinic and am in the middle of my laser hair removal treatments - I am too using the Cynosure laser. My first treatment showed results but it was the second and third where I have seen a bigger difference. Cant wait to be hair free :)

Can I ask what your natural hair colour is peeps?

I'm blonde and was referred to laser hair removal by GP due to pcos. Had 6 sessions (that's all available on Nhs) and didnt work. The consultant told me he didn't know why I was there as I was blonde and couldn't see anything wrong. My answer was i know its there and affects me in my daily life as I will not tie my hair back or speak to someone standing directly in sunlight or under lighting as the light illuminates it. I've been desperate to get it off my sideburns and neck.

Unfortunately the best results are on white skin with darker hair(that's me). I have heard that some new machines can treat fair hair. And answer to the price- it's really varied- I managed to purchase special offer £169 for 6 sessions on 3 areas but 10 years ago I paid £70 per session just one area!

I've got my own machine at home, but haven't been able to use it for a looooong time (weight, back issues, etc), it's another thing on the "to do" list.

Hi I have pcos and was about to start treatment then my consultant endocrinologist said it would be a waste of time as it would come back due to the pcos. I went on vaniqa cream and Dionette pill. Hair free after a few months. I gave just gone onto the mini pill and I hope my weight loss will reduce my facial hair. X

Hi I have pcos and was about to start treatment then my consultant endocrinologist said it would be a waste of time as it would come back due to the pcos. I went on vaniqa cream and Dionette pill. Hair free after a few months. I gave just gone onto the mini pill and I hope my weight loss will reduce my facial hair. X

I have PCOS too and my weight loss had greatly reduced my facial hair :)

Back