• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last Full sized Sunday Lunch

goingtobehappy

With my op in 9 days time and flying a week today I've just had my last home made sunday lunch. It was lovely had the family round just the one comment my daughter in law saying that she wouldn't want to be without sunday dinners, I reminded her that I won't be, I'll just eat smaller amounts of it thats all.
Still buzzing, I'm getting my hair cut now on the fri before and my face hair threaded too, new start new me.

Andrea

good luck hunni, sounds have you havre had a fab day x

you do say goodbye to some things but the things you say hello to make it so worth it. Normal sized clothes shopping etc etc. Its quite common to mourn certain things but the journey you are just starting will be great for you . Dont let anyone rain on your parade!
loads of love
JO XX

Take it easy on the food now,dont want to be turned away on the table.They say dont do the last supper but too late now eh!Glad you enjoyed it and in 6 months you will again!

Good Luck for you op and your so right....I had a sunday luch out today and I really enjoyed it :D I get a child portion if possible XX

im 10 weeks post op and ive enjoyed a sunday lunch today, just less of it and i enjoyed it just as much as i used to previously x

With my op in 9 days time and flying a week today I've just had my last home made sunday lunch. It was lovely had the family round just the one comment my daughter in law saying that she wouldn't want to be without sunday dinners, I reminded her that I won't be, I'll just eat smaller amounts of it thats all.
Still buzzing, I'm getting my hair cut now on the fri before and my face hair threaded too, new start new me.

Andrea

Glad you enjoyed your last big roast today hun. Dont worry you will not be without when you have had your op, today i had some gorgeous really tender beef (was really lovely, melted in the mouth, my brother won it at bingo on Friday!!), a brussell sproat, a couple of pieces of carrot and some GORGEOUS gravy. It was all i wanted really. Its quite different to what i thought i would have been like before, i was the potato queen before - i would have like a gazzillion potatoes but now i just dont fancy them.

bet you cant wait!!

im planning on getting threaded and waxed before going ;)

Are you in touch with the people flying out with you Andrea? x

Can i ask a question? What is threading? Ive heard of it - its a form of hair removal right? Does it hurt?? :eek: xxxxxx

You sound like you are never going to eat again! You will still enjoy a sunday dinner. I had one today, I will admit I avoid the roasties but you wouldn't know otherwise. When we go out I order a child's dinner and can usually eat pretty much all of it.

I wouldn't be without my sunday roast!

ps I got my eyebrows threaded the other day, it killed. Give me a pot of wax anyday!!

Good luck xxx

Can i ask a question? What is threading? Ive heard of it - its a form of hair removal right? Does it hurt?? :eek: xxxxxx

Threading is hair removal, it was the indian way of hair removal. They usually do it in town centres on a stand in the middle of the walkway - or they do round here lol.

Its got a funny tingling sensation, nothing as as painfull as waxing is and it doesn't create the just plucked chicken effect that waxing does with me so I find it ideal for my face. They have the thread which just looks like normal cotton going through their teeth to keep the tension so I've never had more than my face done.

Glad to giving you some information this time. lol

Andrea
x

Are you in touch with the people flying out with you Andrea? x

Hi Deets, no I don't know who I'm going out with, when did you find out?

I'll email Michael and see what he can tell me.

Andrea
x

i love having my eyebrows threaded, i find it very relaxing. They bascially use a cottom thread and twist it so it catches the hair and pulls it out - i tell you, my eyebrows are immaculate! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnd83vwhUA0

I tried having my top lip threaded once, and it hurt like a b*tch! So wont do that again :8855:

Hi Deets, no I don't know who I'm going out with, when did you find out?

x

I found one by looking on the cosmetic bliss facebook page, and the other (Kazzer75) was on another forum i visit every now and again. But Michael did offer to put me in touch with them this week - so get on his case and ask for email addresses at least! Shame you cant postpone for a week!! For totally selfish reasons of course!! Maybe a few of the Czech crew could meet up in the summer?

x

A meet up sounds brilliant, you've all been such a help to me. I don't feel as though I'm doing this by myself at all.

You woos with your top lip lol, I'm getting my whole face done, the bum fluff at the side of my cheeks is what I'm desperate to get rid of. Quite agree the eyebrows never look better than when they've been threaded and its without the skin damage of waxing them.

Have you started your pre op now? How are you finding it?

Andrea
x

Have you started your pre op now? How are you finding it?

Andrea
x

Actually harder than i thought it would be! Yesterday and today ive had 1100 calories!! I thought id be able to have WW prepared meals, but thats not going to work :rolleyes: Also ive noticed just how bad i am at drinking water...im really struggling with that.

As soon as i think diet, i want to eat everything so today i had some quavers (only 88 calories lol) to satisfy my urges ;)

How are you getting on? Your on your 2nd week now, what kind of things have you been eating?

x

I must admit - don't tell Michael but I haven't calorie counted at all.

Each breakfast has been the slice of toast with very little low fat spread, usually a banana or grapes mid morning, soup for lunch they make it at work and then grapes or banana mid afternoon.
My tea is my treat today was home made bolognese - and I cook the mince in the microwave in water first to get ride of most of the fat with salad and then a yogurt, tomorro will be chicken and veg - left over roast chicken, no skin - and I'll use a tiny bit of tesco extra low fat garlic and herb soft cheese on the veg to give them some taste.
I'm lucky I've always drank alot but my favourite is the tesco double strength no added sugar mexican lime or the summer fruits, get yourself something to make it taste better and if you like the idea use hot water from the kettle instead of having to have it cold.
Don't stress over it, have you got any weightwatcher cook books? They are very good and you haven't got to eat boring tasteless food, another easy favourite of mine is bacon - grilled -= scrambled eggs - microwave - mushrooms - frylite in a pan - and baked beans, nice and high in protein which should help to keep you feeling full.

Anyway got a reply from Michael, there is a girl called Kerry coming out with me from Northern ireland so I've emailed her, she's having a gastric wrap - bit like a sleeve but with a fold not a cut - I've never heard of it but there you go, I'll tell you more when I get back lol.
How's today been?

Andrea
x

Back