• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

last question before my op!

fatbutnot4long

well some of you would have read my other posts and saw im not doin so well.. im worrying about everything now! although today has been a 'good' day on the pre op! anyway thats a whole norther story..

the question i wanted to ask was... my op is booked for Wednesday early afternoon im 3rd on the list out of 3! ive got to be there from 11 in the morning and ive just realised they didn't tell me when to have my last milk or drink? i assume its the night before and n.b.m after but no-one said and ive never had any surgery before and didnt think to ask. i will ring on monday but i was wondering if anyone on here knew. thanks xkx

Hi Kirsty

I've had lots of ops over the years and to be on the safe side I would stop at midnight.
Sometimes if you're at the end of a list they let you have one last drink about 6am but just in case they alter the running order of the list (which believe me they often do) if you stop at midnight you'll be fine.

Hope all goes well.

I agree with Lynda, last drink at midnight but nothing to eat after 10pm the night before. I was allowed small sips of water the morning of the op to take my regular tablets.

And yes you may be moved up the list, it has been known for people to not arrive and you need to be prepared for that.

John xx

I was NBM from midnight with my op at about 1pm. My mouth was like a bloomin flip flop by the time I went to theatre!

Hi, firstly congrat on your up coming surgery (you're two days ahead of me on that one - i'm this friday) can I suggest, because also my letter from my hospital says something totally different again (I have to be there at 730am and they have suggested I have to stop drinking except for clear fluids the day before at 3pm, then all fluids stop at midnight the day before) that you telephone your hospital and ask their advice. Each person is different and each surgeon requests something different.

Once again, very very good luck with your surgery.

Regards

julie

Back