• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

The new Superman is veryyyy dishy! I've just sat here dreaming that he were real - wouldn't think twice about falling off a mountain or down a mine if only he were real!

Raynauds is all to do with circulation.. Googled it and it came up with this:

Raynaud’s phenomenon is a condition that affects the blood vessels in the extremities—generally, the fingers and toes. It is characterized by episodic attacks, called vasospastic attacks, in which the blood vessels in the digits (fingers and toes) constrict (narrow), usually in response to cold temperatures and/or emotional stress. When this condition occurs on its own, it is called primary Raynaud’s phenomenon. When it occurs with another condition such as scleroderma or lupus, it is called secondary Raynaud’s phenomenon.

Glad you enjoyed the bbq.. I had tea at my moms. Sister in laws birthday and I succumbed to the smarties ice cream cake! A spoonful was more than enough, and rejected in favor of a ham salad.. I mean whyyyyy?

Pls keep us posted :)

wELL YOU SEEM BACK ON FULL PAR SCOOTER HOPE ALL GOES WELL TODAY AND YOU HAVE A FAB TIME AT THE MEET UPTOMORROW WISH I WAS GOIN JUST NOT POSSIBLE XXX

Scoooooooter! I officially got my date!

Its def the 20th of August :)
I'm sooooo scared of everything but terribly excited to.
Not looking forward to the LSD but hey I've one it once I can do it again.
So I'm guna write my "slim list" so it keeps me focused when I want to eat lol.

OK enough about me .

How are u doing? What if anything can they do for the Raynaud's?
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but your last post before I piped up mentioned a "fella". How's that going? And work?

I never knew smarties did an ice cream cake!?! This will be on my "to do b4 lsd begins" date lol:)

Anywho I hope ur well x

OK enough about me .

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but your last post before I piped up mentioned a "fella". How's that going? And work?

I never knew smarties did an ice cream cake!?! This will be on my "to do b4 lsd begins" date lol:)

Anywho I hope ur well x

oN THAT VERY DATE I WILL BE 2 YEARS POST OP XX CONGRATULATIONS TO US BOTH XX;)

OK enough about me .

Anywho I hope ur well x

20th august will soon whizz by! Excited for you muchly! I don't think any of us were cÀlm about it. Its scary serious business. Take it easy as you start the transition and more importantly ENJOY!

How am I? Mixed! The Raynauds at the moment isn't medically controlled I understand they can aleviate symptoms but that's it. Have to have an ECG on Monday to try work out why I've been blacking out and causing bp to suddenly drop. But trudging along.

I had stomach pressure tests and barium meal with tilting table test on friday. I was told I have a hiatal hernia pertruding through stomach wall. We've also found out the valves above stomach need surgery as when they tilted me back after 30mins of drinking it rolled right back up from gut to throat and out. On medication to try fix this.

I had a follow up appointment today to discuss what's happening etc.. To be told I don't have a hernia - its scar tissue! The member of the team who told me shouldn't have told me. I'm dissapointed! Not bc I want a hernia but bc again its another of those omg.. Things and just another log on the fire. But on good side of things it means no more ops for now! That's good!

Ah the other half? Lol :) he's wonderful and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm totally head over heels in love. He is also the reason I havnt udpated. Much on there - busy with work (eeek), the hospital and living.

We've known each other years had some sparks between us but time wasn't right, fell out of contact and now were inseparable. He's pretty much moved in!
He met my son/dog who tried to eat him (jack russell-corgi x) now they're best friends! Am at an awkward time where I'm happy. Yes! Actually happy and content with life at the moment. Comfortable, looking forward to things and making plans. We've been seeing each other since March and feels right and feels well.. Undescribeable - warm, fluffy. Cotton wooley, scary, excited and amazing. Not rushing, taking things easy, however we have also discussed things like moving in together at some point. It feels right, but I'm all.. Oh but I just redecorated my flat! He's like yes its lovely but its confined.. Need a garden for my stepson (the dog) when were ready! Don't want to run before we can walk, but don't want to miss anything.

To be fair he's pretty much moved in. We talk about anything, everything and I know he loves me for me and not how I look. We've had a few "deep" conversations and I loved being put on the spot! Particularly the "where do u think you will be in 2 years time". My answer of being sunneÐ by a cabana boy in the bahamas was frowned upon, and when I swung it round on him got a real deep meaningful and beautiful answer that makes me think oh my! He really genuinely loves me. Yes I'm scared but in a good way. Whatever happens things are great.

Work is.. Busy and driving me insane but a good distraction.

I've been visiting a girl in my hospital who has the same probs as I had after her surgery and trying to support her. Met her friday, down in the dumps sad, upset, hurting and angry. Can't get out of bed, feed tubes, the works.Sound familiar? Talked a while, agreed to visit her monday.

Went monday - her face lit up! I kidnapped her in a wheel chair and we went out and about round the hospital grounds. First time she had been outside in the sun since February. We just sat outside in the sun talking girlie stuff, what's happened to us and its helped us both a great deal. Also taught her to penguin dance like happy feet periodically to get used to standing.

Picked her up off the ward yesterday to goto our support group that meets at the hospital. Met the group (barmy lot) and got her off the ward a bit. Yesterday she got out of bed unaided and got in the wheelchair to go out, and back into bed later on.

Popped in to see her today after my appointment - sitting up in bed, sipping the drink I'd left her to try. The fruit pot I'd left shed managed to eat a couple of pieces of peach (canned consistancy) and a little juice. When I went back to work she was braving some kind of minced beefy stuff. I think it might be too rich for her on a puree diet bc it wasn't actually puree and quite rough textured but she was trying it. Awkward to eat n drink with an nj feed tube in but she was trying it. She also said shed tried and got out of bed and into the chair herself :)

Talked to one of the nurses on way out whod cared for me and she said she had come on vastly since friday when she saw her last. Stunned to see me, but had said I'd said I'd see her and when I walked in she was a pleasant sight to see! So different from the girl on friday who's head was hung down, couldn't look people in the eye and was teary. I had it bad but she's had additional family probs and it breaks my heart. Giving her a break from a visit and joy ride in wheel chair tomorrow as has family coming to see her (she's 40miles from home) and no visitors but me atm and family at weekends. Friday I'm gonna pop and see her again but she's gonna push me in the wheelchair :) that's the deal!

Meeting her seeing how bad she is/was has opened a whole new can of worms for me. I still got issues I'm working on and it hits home that that was me a year ago and where I am now and where I have come to and what I can achieve and I think its given her a little hope. That's one thing I'm proud of.

While I remain traumatised in some respects, I can see how the trials to fix me with different things meant her leak was detected sooner - days instead of weeks. She was stented, when didn't work the next thing was tried. Its avoided her having drains and further surgery so far and I find comfort knowing that my pain and suffering though still hurt meant she didn't have to endure what I did. Yes she's had hell, her own private hell that can't compare to some aspects but the collateral damage is less. That can only be a plus.

I helped someone like me. I'm feeling proud of me today :)

Work is nuts - roll on friday!

Doesn't time fly Chrisa?! Stay safe all x

20th august will soon whizz by! Excited for you muchly! I don't think any of us were cÀlm about it. Its scary serious business. Take it easy as you start the transition and more importantly ENJOY!

How am I? Mixed! The Raynauds at the moment isn't medically controlled I understand they can aleviate symptoms but that's it. Have to have an ECG on Monday to try work out why I've been blacking out and causing bp to suddenly drop. But trudging along.

I had stomach pressure tests and barium meal with tilting table test on friday. I was told I have a hiatal hernia pertruding through stomach wall. We've also found out the valves above stomach need surgery as when they tilted me back after 30mins of drinking it rolled right back up from gut to throat and out. On medication to try fix this.

I had a follow up appointment today to discuss what's happening etc.. To be told I don't have a hernia - its scar tissue! The member of the team who told me shouldn't have told me. I'm dissapointed! Not bc I want a hernia but bc again its another of those omg.. Things and just another log on the fire. But on good side of things it means no more ops for now! That's good!

Ah the other half? Lol :) he's wonderful and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm totally head over heels in love. He is also the reason I havnt udpated. Much on there - busy with work (eeek), the hospital and living.

We've known each other years had some sparks between us but time wasn't right, fell out of contact and now were inseparable. He's pretty much moved in!
He met my son/dog who tried to eat him (jack russell-corgi x) now they're best friends! Am at an awkward time where I'm happy. Yes! Actually happy and content with life at the moment. Comfortable, looking forward to things and making plans. We've been seeing each other since March and feels right and feels well.. Undescribeable - warm, fluffy. Cotton wooley, scary, excited and amazing. Not rushing, taking things easy, however we have also discussed things like moving in together at some point. It feels right, but I'm all.. Oh but I just redecorated my flat! He's like yes its lovely but its confined.. Need a garden for my stepson (the dog) when were ready! Don't want to run before we can walk, but don't want to miss anything.

To be fair he's pretty much moved in. We talk about anything, everything and I know he loves me for me and not how I look. We've had a few "deep" conversations and I loved being put on the spot! Particularly the "where do u think you will be in 2 years time". My answer of being sunneÐ by a cabana boy in the bahamas was frowned upon, and when I swung it round on him got a real deep meaningful and beautiful answer that makes me think oh my! He really genuinely loves me. Yes I'm scared but in a good way. Whatever happens things are great.

Work is.. Busy and driving me insane but a good distraction.

I've been visiting a girl in my hospital who has the same probs as I had after her surgery and trying to support her. Met her friday, down in the dumps sad, upset, hurting and angry. Can't get out of bed, feed tubes, the works.Sound familiar? Talked a while, agreed to visit her monday.

Went monday - her face lit up! I kidnapped her in a wheel chair and we went out and about round the hospital grounds. First time she had been outside in the sun since February. We just sat outside in the sun talking girlie stuff, what's happened to us and its helped us both a great deal. Also taught her to penguin dance like happy feet periodically to get used to standing.

Picked her up off the ward yesterday to goto our support group that meets at the hospital. Met the group (barmy lot) and got her off the ward a bit. Yesterday she got out of bed unaided and got in the wheelchair to go out, and back into bed later on.

Popped in to see her today after my appointment - sitting up in bed, sipping the drink I'd left her to try. The fruit pot I'd left shed managed to eat a couple of pieces of peach (canned consistancy) and a little juice. When I went back to work she was braving some kind of minced beefy stuff. I think it might be too rich for her on a puree diet bc it wasn't actually puree and quite rough textured but she was trying it. Awkward to eat n drink with an nj feed tube in but she was trying it. She also said shed tried and got out of bed and into the chair herself :)

Talked to one of the nurses on way out whod cared for me and she said she had come on vastly since friday when she saw her last. Stunned to see me, but had said I'd said I'd see her and when I walked in she was a pleasant sight to see! So different from the girl on friday who's head was hung down, couldn't look people in the eye and was teary. I had it bad but she's had additional family probs and it breaks my heart. Giving her a break from a visit and joy ride in wheel chair tomorrow as has family coming to see her (she's 40miles from home) and no visitors but me atm and family at weekends. Friday I'm gonna pop and see her again but she's gonna push me in the wheelchair :) that's the deal!

Meeting her seeing how bad she is/was has opened a whole new can of worms for me. I still got issues I'm working on and it hits home that that was me a year ago and where I am now and where I have come to and what I can achieve and I think its given her a little hope. That's one thing I'm proud of.

While I remain traumatised in some respects, I can see how the trials to fix me with different things meant her leak was detected sooner - days instead of weeks. She was stented, when didn't work the next thing was tried. Its avoided her having drains and further surgery so far and I find comfort knowing that my pain and suffering though still hurt meant she didn't have to endure what I did. Yes she's had hell, her own private hell that can't compare to some aspects but the collateral damage is less. That can only be a plus.

I helped someone like me. I'm feeling proud of me today :)

Work is nuts - roll on friday!

Doesn't time fly Chrisa?! Stay safe all x

Hi scooter :)
Wow!

Soooooo happy for you and ur fella :D
I believe everything happens for a reason.
Its not always fair there's a reason.

I met up with an old friend recently and were getting on so well, he knows about my up and coming op and we enjoy spending time together and its all been a bit crazy but the timings all wrong, he just come out of a 3 ur relationship and my operation is coming up etc...so
Who knows what the future holds ? We'll see.

I'm so proud of you to! Even with everything you've been through you can still take pride in helping others. I bet ur new friend is thanking God for because you are inspirational.
I can't believe they are still finding things wrong but unable to fix them.
Frustrating :/

I had my pre op appts, bloods taken, weight etc. Now just got to get my head around the LSD yay! Start that on the 5th of August. So wish me luck :)

Update wen ever u can its always a pleasure to hear from u.

Love and prayers

Sally x

Scooter that fab news bout your fella. I am so pleased for you both. I am really proud of you of where you have been and what you have endured for such a long time and you know all that you have gone through is going to be used by helping others and hopefully by being able to help others and see a difference like you have will help you work through your issues, there is a small chink of light at the end of your tunnel girl and its getting bigger keep on plodding lovely lass xx you deserve the best. xxxx

Gosh I hope you are well now? Thank you so much for posting this. I am still undecided and its been useful to read a less than positive story as so far I have seen some wonderful photos and lots of very happy post-oppers. Although, I will not be able to minimise any risks and will just have to accept that there may be some.. however, I hadn't thought about asking what support the hospital will offer if things go wrong. So I will now ask that question at my next appointment.

Morning.. since I last posted theres been bits of things going on. Been feeling unwell for a few days then yesterday..

I was at work talking to a customer on the phone, felt pins and needles in my arms, got the customer off the line to enter payment arrangement (I work as a collections liaison officer) and I couldnt see the screen.. couldnt move my arms, legs, face went numb, couldnt talk, move, support my head weight, and crumpled onto the keyboard. I then couldnt breathe and started convulsing/fitting at my desk. The rests a blur, but I know they put me in the recovery position on the floor and called an ambulance.

All I know is they were talking to me, I was losing consciousness and could hear them but I couldnt respond. Couldnt move, couldnt do anything at all- talk, grunt, nothing! Got rushed to the hospital where Id had surgery to go right through and be told that due to extensive and rapid weight loss Im now suffering from something called Syncopy. In a nutshell my heart is stopping/starting and all out of sync. it doesnt pump enough blood round my body, the blood settles if im in a position too long, when I move it then shoots off triggers a rush of blood which causes the pins and needles and total body paralysis - its like a mini stroke. I had no control, couldnt do anything and was way to freaking scary for me, my colleagues.

Hospital have said I need a device fitting to trace my heart over a period of days to see whats happening as the 3 ECGS taken - one at my desk, inthe ambulance at hospital all show different things. However to get this device fitted I need a referral letter from my GP as the funding for this is now with my GP! SOOoooo Ive moved back in with my long suffering parents AGAIN, couldnt get in to the GP till Thursday 5:20pm. Explained its an emergency to be told.. well if its an emergency I have to goto A&E so I explaiend what had happened and they found me a cancellation for today.

Even though the hospital have cleared me as good to go, as I need further tests to determine whether I should be shot, sold for glue or need a pace maker my employers are in protection mode and Im now on Paddling Pool leave - Cannot return to work until my GP confirms I am fit for work. The advice from the hospital was this.. dont sit still toolong, dont move too quick. Dont stand too long, dont move too slow. When getting up from my desk to get a letter i write on the printer.. stand up slowly, stretch, count to 60 seconds then slowly casually walk to the printer, then return.. uhh nice but not practical.

I now find myself stressing about work, the outcome of everything and wondering if I will still have a job or be told due to medical grounds I can no longer do my job. What shall be shall be. Ive had to call in sick to work today (policy) that you have to every day to explain whats going on, dont know when Ill be back etc.. the manager who answered and one of the first aiders who assisted yesterday talked to me for a few and said the things that happened and it had freaked a lot of people out and they had never seen anything like it before.

Im now back to living each hour in fear. This wasnt something I was aware could happen after surgery - "your heart cant cope with not having to work so hard and doesnt know what to do and this happens.." who would have thought WLS would have this?? Apparently its due to the rapid weight loss - 20 stone in just over 12 months. God knows what going to happen next, but I sure hope he or she is still on my side and will carry me through whatever it is thats in store for me now.

Im tired, I hurt emotionally and physically and Im drained. Im not giving up, giving in, just relaxing and will come back with a new battle plan after Ive seen my GP.

On another note I had a barbecue at my mom and dads sunday, went in the paddling pool with the kids, had a water fight, my brother picked me up (without a crane) threw me over his shoulder and chucked me in the paddling pool. it was freezing! Its time like those, the fun few amazing hours that make it worth while, give me a glimmer of hope and the drive to go on. Days like yesterday make it hard. Would I do it again tomorrow?? based on how I feel now and yesterday?? Definitely not. But prior - buying a size 10 swimsuit, having the man I love telling me he loves me, making plans, playing with nieces and nephews and finally ENJOYING and LIVING my life?? yes.. I just look forward to getting things sorted once and for all. I hope that God hears my prayers once more and doesnt think Ive had my share of guardian angels or Im stuffed.. whatever your all doing today enjoy yourselves, love your family, enjoy them, cherish them and have as much fun as you can. Take care x

last post bit of a downer, but thought Id end positive.. bore u with some pics:)

31815-albums2488-picture16349.jpg

A random collagey thing

31815-albums2488-picture16350.jpg

The other half and I at our friends birthday last week :)

31815-albums2488-picture16351.jpg

Enjoying the sun (and playing in the wendy house) with my 2 year old niece

Last edited:
Your strength and positiveness knows no bounds!

Wow pics are gobsmacking!!

Totes amaze!!!!!

Loving the June 2013 top, where is it from please?

Rudders x

the black top?? As Im a classy bird and all (not) it was from my local market in walsall and a pricy fiver and included the vest underneath with it. If u mean the blue slazenger one, it was from sports direct and came with the matching tankini shorts for £8

Oh my goodness, you just never seen to get a break do you.

You are amazingly strong so just hang in there and you will get through this.

Sending big hugs x xx X

Doctors called today to confirm that my referral to the Cardiology Department was sent today as urgent. I need to now just "sit tight, and wait". Very close.. very veryyyyyyy close to breaking point. Thank God for friends, family and the sun here in Costa Del Walsall.. theres worse out there than me and at least today Im warm in the 31C heat. Lets see what tomorrow brings

Chin up Scooter just remember, we only see the here n now and not the bigger picture, you will rise like a phoenix from the ashes. There only one way left to go up up and away feel the positivity xxx Take care lovely girl off to Torquay on Monday so might not be in touch for a week pleas try and behave ya self till I get back ha, thinking of ya xxxx

Back