• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

Hi Scooter long time no read lol , I'm so glad you had a really lovely and loving Christmas, Happy New Year to you and Adam and long may the bliss continue.
Good luck with your tests this week and I will definitely be back on here more often so hopefully will be more in tune with everyone again. Take care honey xxx

long time no see my friend, and thankyou!! where have you been hiding?!

Ive been having a few healthy problems not really felt like bringing everyone down by being negative :) but hopefully i'll be on here a bit more often as I hadn't realised how much I missed it till Yvessa sent me a message the other day and I came back on xxxx

Awwww Angie I hope your feeling better now hun xxx

Ive been away for the same reason. I just hope your on the mend if not better. Ill update things over the next couple of days when I get my head round things and can finally get back to usual routine. Been a rough few weeks and Im zonked. Batteries charged this weekend and ready to recommence tomorrow.

Life has been.. busy. When I last posted I had been to various hospital appointments having had a bit of bad news over Christmas. Id received letters further to routine checks advising I had stage 1 cancerous cells, further tests confirmed in January that Im all good to go. So living on the knife edge of worry has ended for now.

Had the results of my ECG recordings and theres no apparent reason for the sudden stopping/starting, seizures, fits, blackouts/collapses and memory loss identified from these tests. I now am in receipt of correspondence advising I now have to have a 24 hour heart recording device fitted into my chest under my skin for upto 18months to get to the bottom of things. Im thrilled.. not the news I wanted but not the news I could have had such as.. you need a tripple heart bypass, open heart surgery etc.. so this is exceptionally good. Whilst I do not revel in the thought of op/procedure number 20 in 2 years (almost 1 every 6 weeks) Its for the greater good and scheme of things.. wow 2 years.. Im 2 years out on the 25th and cant believe it. This time 2 years ago I was filled with excitement for surgery, worried, nervous.. last year.. still reeling from the tumultuous events, couldnt eat or drink properly, angry, sad.. today.. calm. Whilst I dread the surgiversary in some ways I am just thankful for the chance to celebrate the gift I was given. NOT my operation, but the gift or surviving it, combatting the difficulties, trials and tribulations it presented and continues to give me daily.

Things are good. Eating is up and down. I have a couple days where I can eat, several where I cant. Then I can and I cant and so on, but I figure this is just "normal". Work is.. the same, except Im kicking butt everywhere and way I can and Im pretty proud of myself.

Family.. good as ever. Kinda letting go completely of the non stop daily calls to see if Im ok. Finally grown up, living the life I dreamed of and ENJOYING it. Ok it can be tweaked here and there but Ill take it as it is.

Celebrated Valentines day with Adam - our first together and hopefully of many to come. Makes me realise how blessed I am. Every single day I find something else to be thankful for and another reason to keep smiling. Usually they involve him. Cant believe we have been together just under a year now. Scary.. I see how Ive evolved from then, how hes changed, how we work well and I know that with what weve overcome this last year I have a keeper for life. He hasnt done a runner, and thats a good sign! I am one truly lucky woman.

Celebrating my surgiversary by taking the day off work and just relaxing and cleaning out those last few skeletons. I also have the day it all went wrong - march 7th off work so I dont have to be round people and dwelling on things. I don't plan on it, however I get kinda antsy thinking about it.

Couple of new pics.. as theres nothing more to report as such, just hope your all ok and still living the dream :)

31815-albums2488-picture16632.jpg

31815-albums2488-picture16631.jpg

You man Leg end?? definitely no legend..

Sarah i has indeed. If somethings are worth having, theyre worth fighting for. Im almost "there".

You have been through so much, it's great to hear about the good times. I hope that things keep getting better and better, you deserve it.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

X

You're amazing.. Xx

Its here.. this time 2 years ago I was sat in ward 12, taking my pre op meds and being prepped for theatre. I weighed in at 27 stone, was a size 34/36 and life was non existant.

Mixed feelings about it all - it went wrong. I ballooned to over 31stone. Wound up in intensive care fighting for life and got told I was going to die, it was just a matter of time. My family have been to hell and back with me, and I hate putting them through that.

Today I wake up and am proud to say we didnt give up, didnt give in. weve worked dam hard, and it hasnt been an easy ride or choice but I did it. WE did it. I weigh this morning 10stone 6lb - over 20 stone lighter. Ive said goodbye to 108% of my excess body weight and hello to life, living and defied the odds. i just hope Ive made the people that matter in my life proud.

So today I celebrate a new start, and thank everyone whos supported me. even every one of those narrow minded two faced opinionated fools who saw my choice as a wimp out from"real hard work" and continue to say unwelcome things. I couldnt have done it without you either.

Its the little things that mean the most.. fitting in the bath, cutting my own toe nails, doing things I never thought possible. I found true love with an amazing man who loves me for me and is always there to hold my hand through the rough patches, make me feel safe and work things through. I love you Adam Nash x x

My family, - I think its finally safe to say I got here, Im ok, infact its pretty dam good, and I cant wait to see what the future has in store for me and us all. I love you and thank you all.. we did it!!!

Like I said last week, legend!
Beautifully written post, I have no doubt your family are as proud if you as you are thankful to them sweetheart :)
Happy 2nd Surgiversary xxx

Yh I'm going to try not to cry.. But omg it's been crazy for u. So happy you're ok And you guys look so cuuuuuuute. Waaaaah :)

I remember your 1st .... A week or so before I went for my op.

Made me think long and hard and what you went through was very influential on my decision. Maybe my weightless has been a little slower than it would have been with a sleeve, but it's made huge differences to my life in a positive way. Here's to health x

So life is good :) lifes also busy with one thing or another.. work, home, love, no longer existing but actually living :D the odd niggle here and there still needs ironing out but enjoying things.

Seizures are more frequent, but thankfuly not as severe, but still enough to knock the wind out my sails for a day or so.

I have pre-op assesment 9-5-14 for pacemaker so hope to get an op date then too.
Kinda stressing a little but feel more relief than anxiousness. Ive signed up to do our local Race for Life just after the assesment and i hope it doesnt prevent me from doing the run as i signed up for this a couple of months ago before the appointment came through.

Hope all is well with you guys.

OH didn't realise you were going to get a pace maker. Nice to hear you are living and not just existing been a long haul for you. Not heard much from you for a while but that's not to say I haven't been thinking of you. Pleased you are still very much in love. Take care lovely xxx

Back