• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

Ahhh I just looked it up I want to go nowww!!
I used to be quite the adrenaline junky so my mum has planned some theme park holidays next year as we haven't done them since I was a teen. Definitely want to do Snowdome though I'm looking it up as I type! If I hit my first goal in January it's on!!
<3 xxx

I have had a fantastic day today.. my lovely work colleague Maz brought me a small packet of chocolate buttons.. walked in the office at 8:58am.. got to my desk 8.59.. logged in and as I was going to training at 9:00am goes.. "WAIT! I got you something I know you love!" Aldi own brand chocolate buttons.. that made my day! Made training seem more interesting and less painful, even though I didnt eat them. Dead made up, like Id been given £500.

Had a manager discreetly hand me internal mail of something Id printed and left on the printer.. an IT log from last week when Id reported a problem, and I never bothered reading! id returned from the weekend and my passwords had expired so called Group IT to report it and the email comes through.. ok its logged, my butts covered.. havnt read it.. saved and filed.. well yesterday my hours for last week were down by 2 hours on Monday so I remind of said problem print the log to hand to manager for adjustment and prove my whereabouts.. cant find the print.. print it again.. hand it in.. job done. Well manager from other end of callcentre gives me this intneral mail envelope grinning at me like a rabid chimp, doing everything pretty much including jumping up and down and clapping just not screeching.. "I saw this.. and.. well.. its private and confidential and didnt want to leave it for everyone to see so put it in this envelope.. didnt want to leave it on your desk.. Im happy for you!" whattt??? Pull out the paper and its my missing email log that reads.. "User has tried to log on today having returned from Maternity issues and passwords have expired.. " Uh no! No maternity leave here and people in the training are looking at me oddly as shes grinning and I go red and nearly burst out laughing. Of course it leads to the.. whats that?? question which I fob off with.. shhhh! must learn! Leave training at 9:45 go right to hospital appointment, get there by 10am, see the team.. Dr H, Papa K, Dr M and Ana.. team want to fully discharge me from weight management, which is shocking considering the last 18 Months with the initial post-op leak etc.. bloods are a bit out of order but under review and working on a release package now until Feb when Ill be 2 years out. seems i spend too much. time worrying Im doing it wrong to see I actually am doing things as I should and Im made up! theyre very happy with progress and Im pretty dam proud of myself. referal for reconstructive surgery and flabble removal being sent to gp and I am now OFFICIALLY no longer super morbidly obese, obese or overweight. I AM NORMAL! (according to the hospital scales) I am now considered a normal average woman. ok i have a bit of a Budha belly and my battle scars are those of a drive by/gang warfare or a shark attack but Im proud. Yet again made to blush and LOL when my favorite team member asks me about the other half, and knowing Im a keen reader from (we book shared/still switch at appointments) asks if I read anything lately or has my sex life taken over because I look "very trim" and am "glowing" so "obviously dont have time to read.." WHAAAAAAT!? Good job I have the relationship I do with her because she just started laughing, gave me a hug and asked about bariatric babies.. uhhh not here too! Not outruled, and if it happens then the secondary reason of having surgery in the first place would be mission accomplished and just. yeah.. just need to spend time living in this body and getting used to it and living a little before we go there, though really.. whatever will be will be.

Returned to work, dead happy. Extatic! Got asked.. why does such and such keep grinning at you?? *sigh* explained the above, showed colleague the envelope and stuff, she reads it and bursts out laughing.. in the end it was shared with my team of 9 who all just had to be at work today didnt they? usually on a Friday its me, and 3 others but no.. they all are in and have been ribbing me about it all day. Whens the wedding? Whens the baby? blahblahblahhhhhhhhhh All in good fun, then you get my friend Si from the other teams whos chatting to me about the hosptial when my partner in crime and chocolate button barer blarts about my "happy news" on the IT log and hes in fits! 3 hours of constant ribbing, baby name suggestions (for a baby that exists only in the world of group IT) then as he goes home the idiot goes.. "youll be changing your backpack for a baby carrier and carseat soon enough, and your id card for a baby on board sign!" and it wasnt quiet, it was as he was laughing like a jackass as he was leaving and walking past our revenue, metering teams, and the heads that span round and "baby!?! WHO?!?!?" I coulda crawled up my own backside.. "Later Becks!" as he goes then "congratulations!!!!!" from one of the lovelies on the Revenue team and lots of "oh no..no..noooo! Hes joking and winding me up.." It says it all doesnt it when they go.. hmmmmmm.. and grin and shoulders raise as they lean forward slightly head sinking into shoulder blades.. let them stew over the weekend! Im waiting for the hit on FBook..

For tea tonight Ive enjoyed a 1 egg 1 mushroom omelette.. even had a pudding to celebrate! fruit cocktail and carnation as im so rock and roll and washed it down (eventually) with a cup of tea.. now at mom and dads for the night and theyre dead made up. My old man says Ive made him proud, but more importantly I shoud be proud of me for me.. then he asked about when the grandkids are coming because hes now nearly 60! ARGHHHH!!

Finally.. living the life i love and loving the life I live.. maybe just maybe its been worth it all afterall...

I have had a fantastic day today.. my lovely work colleague Maz brought me a small packet of chocolate buttons.. walked in the office at 8:58am.. got to my desk 8.59.. logged in and as I was going to training at 9:00am goes.. "WAIT! I got you something I know you love!" Aldi own brand chocolate buttons.. that made my day! Made training seem more interesting and less painful, even though I didnt eat them. Dead made up, like Id been given £500.

Had a manager discreetly hand me internal mail of something Id printed and left on the printer.. an IT log from last week when Id reported a problem, and I never bothered reading! id returned from the weekend and my passwords had expired so called Group IT to report it and the email comes through.. ok its logged, my butts covered.. havnt read it.. saved and filed.. well yesterday my hours for last week were down by 2 hours on Monday so I remind of said problem print the log to hand to manager for adjustment and prove my whereabouts.. cant find the print.. print it again.. hand it in.. job done. Well manager from other end of callcentre gives me this intneral mail envelope grinning at me like a rabid chimp, doing everything pretty much including jumping up and down and clapping just not screeching.. "I saw this.. and.. well.. its private and confidential and didnt want to leave it for everyone to see so put it in this envelope.. didnt want to leave it on your desk.. Im happy for you!" whattt??? Pull out the paper and its my missing email log that reads.. "User has tried to log on today having returned from Maternity issues and passwords have expired.. " Uh no! No maternity leave here and people in the training are looking at me oddly as shes grinning and I go red and nearly burst out laughing. Of course it leads to the.. whats that?? question which I fob off with.. shhhh! must learn! Leave training at 9:45 go right to hospital appointment, get there by 10am, see the team.. Dr H, Papa K, Dr M and Ana.. team want to fully discharge me from weight management, which is shocking considering the last 18 Months with the initial post-op leak etc.. bloods are a bit out of order but under review and working on a release package now until Feb when Ill be 2 years out. seems i spend too much. time worrying Im doing it wrong to see I actually am doing things as I should and Im made up! theyre very happy with progress and Im pretty dam proud of myself. referal for reconstructive surgery and flabble removal being sent to gp and I am now OFFICIALLY no longer super morbidly obese, obese or overweight. I AM NORMAL! (according to the hospital scales) I am now considered a normal average woman. ok i have a bit of a Budha belly and my battle scars are those of a drive by/gang warfare or a shark attack but Im proud. Yet again made to blush and LOL when my favorite team member asks me about the other half, and knowing Im a keen reader from (we book shared/still switch at appointments) asks if I read anything lately or has my sex life taken over because I look "very trim" and am "glowing" so "obviously dont have time to read.." WHAAAAAAT!? Good job I have the relationship I do with her because she just started laughing, gave me a hug and asked about bariatric babies.. uhhh not here too! Not outruled, and if it happens then the secondary reason of having surgery in the first place would be mission accomplished and just. yeah.. just need to spend time living in this body and getting used to it and living a little before we go there, though really.. whatever will be will be.

Returned to work, dead happy. Extatic! Got asked.. why does such and such keep grinning at you?? *sigh* explained the above, showed colleague the envelope and stuff, she reads it and bursts out laughing.. in the end it was shared with my team of 9 who all just had to be at work today didnt they? usually on a Friday its me, and 3 others but no.. they all are in and have been ribbing me about it all day. Whens the wedding? Whens the baby? blahblahblahhhhhhhhhh All in good fun, then you get my friend Si from the other teams whos chatting to me about the hosptial when my partner in crime and chocolate button barer blarts about my "happy news" on the IT log and hes in fits! 3 hours of constant ribbing, baby name suggestions (for a baby that exists only in the world of group IT) then as he goes home the idiot goes.. "youll be changing your backpack for a baby carrier and carseat soon enough, and your id card for a baby on board sign!" and it wasnt quiet, it was as he was laughing like a jackass as he was leaving and walking past our revenue, metering teams, and the heads that span round and "baby!?! WHO?!?!?" I coulda crawled up my own backside.. "Later Becks!" as he goes then "congratulations!!!!!" from one of the lovelies on the Revenue team and lots of "oh no..no..noooo! Hes joking and winding me up.." It says it all doesnt it when they go.. hmmmmmm.. and grin and shoulders raise as they lean forward slightly head sinking into shoulder blades.. let them stew over the weekend! Im waiting for the hit on FBook..

For tea tonight Ive enjoyed a 1 egg 1 mushroom omelette.. even had a pudding to celebrate! fruit cocktail and carnation as im so rock and roll and washed it down (eventually) with a cup of tea.. now at mom and dads for the night and theyre dead made up. My old man says Ive made him proud, but more importantly I shoud be proud of me for me.. then he asked about when the grandkids are coming because hes now nearly 60! ARGHHHH!!

Finally.. living the life i love and loving the life I live.. maybe just maybe its been worth it all afterall...

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY life is good for u! Its made my day u truly truly deserve it and I'm very proud of u to xxxxx

Hi Becky, have been following your story for quite a while now. I am so glad things are going well for you now after all you've been through. You are one strong woman, and I am glad life gives you what you deserve at last. X

Howdy! Hope all you lovelies are well, Im good. In fact let me rephrase.. things are great :) Busy living on another planet.. its like things in life are finally slotting into their place.

On Wednesday Im giving a talk to pre-op wls patients regarding my wls journey. The good, bad and ugly. Im kinda torn as to what to say, how much is too much? I want to be honest, open, give my personal point of view by not get PERSONAL. If that makes sense.

Im also in full turmoil with what to wear.. work dress (I have work commitments prior and post talk) or trouser suit and my hair.. gosh! Clown fro is in full force with any sign of moisture and here in the sunny midlands its belting it down with rain non stop. This could prove interesting..

Have some pre op clothes, pics, not sure if Ill have laptop access/projector access, if you were attending, what would YOU like to see??? Thoughts?? Thanks x x

Howdy! Hope all you lovelies are well, Im good. In fact let me rephrase.. things are great :) Busy living on another planet.. its like things in life are finally slotting into their place.

On Wednesday Im giving a talk to pre-op wls patients regarding my wls journey. The good, bad and ugly. Im kinda torn as to what to say, how much is too much? I want to be honest, open, give my personal point of view by not get PERSONAL. If that makes sense.

Im also in full turmoil with what to wear.. work dress (I have work commitments prior and post talk) or trouser suit and my hair.. gosh! Clown fro is in full force with any sign of moisture and here in the sunny midlands its belting it down with rain non stop. This could prove interesting..

Have some pre op clothes, pics, not sure if Ill have laptop access/projector access, if you were attending, what would YOU like to see??? Thoughts?? Thanks x x

Yes pre op pics are a good idea. You will be brilliant xxx

pre op photos are good and maybe little tips like portion control on a plate as people often worry about that images on how "runny/mushy food should be I also see people talking about going(or not) to the toilet ! maybe things you have used on your wls path ie blenders, protein shakes etc just think about the things you have seen on here that would be a good place to start I know its the type of things I would like to see if I went to a talk about wls
hope this is of some help.

u can work with that a great deal, thankyou x

i know the key reason I was asked was bc of the leak n contents of this thread as they said "Talk about what happened with your leak and complications.."

i think Im ready

Nice to see you again

Great to see you again yesterday Becky, the whole thing just about scared me silly! I went out and said to my husband "That's it, I am never eating again, so no need to worry about an op!" lol.:D

See you on 3rd :)

Sorry for the delay in reply! Been running round like a headless chicken with one thing or another. We will have to have a catch up outside the hospital environment, and you know you can ask me anything at any time and Ill give you nothing but an honest open answer. In the seminars I have to be diplomatic and honest and keep my personal opinions away. Your doing great btw, and yes please do eat! Just keep up the good work you began and I look forward to seeing you progress. BTW.. think I missed you on the 3rd?? Couldnt see you!! WHERE WAS YA?!

Where on earth have you been!?!?! So glad to hear from you, you have no idea! Been thinking of you and yours, and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. So relieved to see your ok. Im ok, settling down with the other half - lifes good to a degree. Currently waiting for a pacemaker to be fitted as my hearts now giving in on me, but yeah.. gotta get on with it and not give up the good fight. You know how it is. Will fill u in in detail shortly x

your apsolutly stunning! beautiful picture hun

Bloody hell! I showed my husband (hope you dont mind) and he swore ALOT! :D Was shocked and amazed at the difference, as am I. What an achievement. Inspirational :) Well done! :D

u made me lol :) nope dont mind, the threads for info of my journey, before, during and after - warts and all. wish you all the best with yours x

Back