• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

another jaw on the floor poster here! I cannot believe how poorly you've benn treated. I am so glad you are on the mend!

Sorry I've been on the quiet side, I'm becoming quite the social butterfly! Between running round with friends and with work had quite a productive week chobbling jelly and highly reccomend the crusha sugar free tangerine flavour, yummy! And have been sorting out junk at home.

My work are being supportive as ever and have found me as room of my own to go in and flush my nj tube periodically and have finally allowed me to touch the keyboard now they know I won't get my tube jammed in it. I've also been given clearance from occ health to use my headset whilst on phone andd permitted to talk and help clients and its just like I've never been away :)

Tomorrow I have an appointment at the hospital and hope the nj tube comes out but have a feeling it will stay put. Had grief this week with it and I think its moved as whe. I drink it feels like its being swallowed but then in my mouth? Tomorrow I get to learn whether the leak has sealed and if I can have a dollop of mashed potato. Again I'm praying like no tomorrow that things continue to head in the right direction.

Ooo where did you get the crusha sugar free tangerine flavour? I couldn't get sugar free anywhere and had to order a strawberry online. Maybe it's my area.

Best of luck for tomorrow, I will be keeping everything crossed for you :) x

Good luck scooter for tmrw! You're on the right path now & you're heading the right direction. Here's to the sloppy Mash! Lol x

Good luck Scooter fingers crossed for you

hope today gives you some more good news xx

Good luck, Scooter -- hope you get rid of that NJ tube and a dollop of mash -- must be heaven for you !!!

Ooo where did you get the crusha sugar free tangerine flavour? I couldn't get sugar free anywhere and had to order a strawberry online. Maybe it's my area.

Best of luck for tomorrow, I will be keeping everything crossed for you :) x

Managed to find it on the shelf in Sainsburys Walsall

Howdy all..

Went to hospital, and guess what ! I still have the bloody tube (scuse the mouth) and will be reassessed in 2 weeks time. I was also told that today they will put me on free fluids for 2-4 weeks then start me on puree. I questioned this as last week I was told puree etc.. and the answer I got was "I forgot you hadnt had free fluids" they need to start me off on milk which im intollerant to anyways. I must have pulled some seriously angry/sad face or maybe what i said under my breath (for .... sake.. here we go again!) because he asked how much milk I drink etc.. I told him Im intollerant to it, just like the nj feed which is predominantly milk so I dont drink it. If I do have any its soya milk and a splash in my tea.

He had a change of heart and said I could start puree, however any problems Im to go right back no dilly dallying or dawdling. I have to go back again in 2 weeks time when they "might" take the tube out if everythings ok.

I just knew the tube wouldnt come out today and theyd try something else or find something else to mess about with as it seems to be a common trend at the Manor. Just get through the next 2 weeks. It couldnt possibly kill me 2 more weeks, right?? Just wish they wouldnt say they will do one thing, then do the opposite. How many times do they need to trample on me???

On a more positive note.. for my dinner this evening I had a little tinned roe and a spoon of mash potato.. heaven! I cant wait till tomorrow morning to get my weetabix :) So nice to chew and taste again like a normal person. Be even better when the tube is out, but until then, this is as good as its gonna get for a while :)

On another note Ive returned back to my home this week, and its weird having all the space just for me. I cant wait to get my dog back home too, its too quiet without him :) Ive also taken my niece shopping (shes 4) for the first time since the op and everything going wrong. Nice to know that they think its safe for me to kidnap her for an hour and return her later. Ive also brought a few nice dresses from Dorothy Perkins and now get in a 14/16 woohoo! a few months ago, my arm wouldnt get in them.

Ive met a nice man :) well I knew him for 4 years pre-op and things are going steady and well. He is becoming more special to me by the day. Ive also brought an evening dress to wear to our company annual ball :) Things are definitely on the up and getting better. Just worried as I dont do "girly" in particular the whole lot of it.. the makeup, hair, nails etc.. Just worried im gonna look like Chucky in a dress. However friends on hand to turn this ugly duckling into a swan or a clean goose or something :)

As ever thanks for the support and for listening to me whine.. Hope your all well and having a great weekend :)

So glad to hear you're finally allowed something real to eat, bet it tasted like heaven!
I really hope things carry on getting better for you Scooter, you've suffered so much, you deserve a big break now.
Em xxxxx

i was a bit worried when i first started reading this , i thought oh no but as i went down it got much cheerier and i'm so glad you have found a lovely man :) a lovely dress :) and some lovely (well maybe not ) food to eat xxx take care enjoy yourself and i look forward to your girly pics :)

I have been eating puree foods for 5 days now and can only seem to cope well with baby rice pudding, mash potato, a little gravy, blitzed green beans and peas and obliterated in the blender chicken. Anything cheesy ie. Small teaspoon in potato makes me violently sick, as does anything creamy, tomatoey or most things that aren't in afore mentioned list. Weetabix is the best food ever by far at the moment. Addicted to chocolate weetabix and they're so filling I have to force myself not to pick up when hungry.

I've reduced nj feed to half bag, and for first time in months the trots have gone despite all the weetabix munching going on. Its progress, slow but good.. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Can't think of anything else at the moment but so pleased you can eat bit of something, what bout the flavoured porridge sachets just for a change fruity ones are nice. xx

what about ready brek you can get different flavours of that i think :) and i had a sample of alpen porridge that was very nice too xx take care

love love LOVE readybreak but sadly it doesnt like me anymore, but still loving the chocolate weetabix. My daily guilty pleasure :)

Today went to my moms for dinner, managed to eat 3 tablespoons mash, 2 carrot ring slices finely chopped, 3 green beans finely sliced and some shreaded/blended to fluff meat with a drizzle of gravy. heavenly!

Had to laugh at the faces my 18 month old niece was pulling at me when she could see my plate compared to hers, hers had more! My nephew finds it amazing that his baby plate is bigger than mine, and he is only 3.

Went to the park with my sister in law and the nieces and nephew this afternoon. totally loving new sense of freedom, energy and life. The kids loving it too :)

Tomorrow im calling the hospital to confirm that NJ tube WILL be removed on Friday as planned. I have been invited to a wedding on Saturday and dont want to show up with a big sticky plaster on my face and my posh frock. Some reason I cant find color coordinated dressings to match the dress and my shoes.. It was hard to get the shoes... I just dont want to be the center of attention at the wedding, and my elephant trunk and sticking plaster are hard to disguise...Also, theres gonna be people there I havnt seen for 6 months or so, since the last wedding I went to looking like Mr Blobby. I can see the difference in me, Im sure they will but I dont want to look like a RTA victim anymore.

Went to Tesco last night and got gawped at pretty much down every isle myself and my friend went down. I could tell she felt embarassed for me. With everything going on, and thats gone on, I just turn a blind eye to it, however Its definitely my tubular friends time to leave me now and let me get on with life on my own.

Still not having any NJ feed. Still feeling great, no gut problems, no toilet problems. Im managing to drink litre and half-2 litres a day in mixture of fluids and keep down food. Positive! Started to take hair skin and nails tablets. Hard to take orally with tube, however ok to crush and flush through tube.. but thats a ballache as its like trying to grind a housebrick, not impossible but tricky!

This week is MY week and hopefuly the closure of another door thats wedged open, and the chance to open a new one :) For the first time in a loooooooooong time Im VERY excited!! The light at the end of the tunnel is drawing nearer and nearer and I know Ill soon be feeling the warmth of the light

All sounds fantastic Scooter. Hope you get the tube out and can enjoy the wedding tube free :) x

oh I do hope so! be nice to goto sleep laying down :)

Back