• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

You GO GIRL hope its out this week and you can go and amaze everyone at the wedding am sure you will look fab and can't wait to see your Ball pictures. We just had our school prom 3 weeks ago and the difference in my photos was amazing even to me when i compared them. xx

thanks x

Have an appointment today with the Sandwell PCT Community Psychiatric Nurses to receive some kind of counselling with everything thats happened. Glad to have the opportunity but worried what can of worms its going open. Ive tried to put things behind and 'forget' about them where possible as its been probably the darkest time in my life, and now were in the light. I know its got to be done or else who knows what might happen in the future.

So work it is till 2pm then off to West Bromwich for this appointment. Hopefuly back in time to goto the Walsall Massive support group Wii night :) Hoping your all having a good day

Went to appointment today and have had my elephant trunk/ nj tube removed :) nice to have my nose back and throat! Looking forward to going to bed tonight and being able to get a full nights sleep laying down for the first time since march :) todays a good day :) here's to many more, and hoping yours are too :)

Went to appointment today and have had my elephant trunk/ nj tube removed :) nice to have my nose back and throat! Looking forward to going to bed tonight and being able to get a full nights sleep laying down for the first time since march :) todays a good day :) here's to many more, and hoping yours are too :)
i really wish you all the very best for the future, you really deserve it honey :) xxx

Thats excellent news Scooter well done girl.you are amazing don't think i would have been as brave or as patient as you have been really proud of you and the way you have coped with everything

Fantastic news, Scooter -- so glad you got rid of that tube at last !!

Hope it is plain sailing from now on -- normal food and normal life back! :) :)

That's brilliant news. I've been quietly watching your story unfold and I'm so glad that you are getting some normality back. I don't think I could have coped anywhere near as well as you. You are a true inspiration. :)

So glad for you that you finally got it out. Wishing you lots of very much deserved happiness from now on :) x

Thank you all x I still have a tiny leak going on and its just a matter of time for it to heel and seal off completely. Just looking forward to every new day, chance to do new things, and spend as much time as possible with my family. Just thinking about the future and this whole thing has changed my outlook on life. I don't know a lot of things right now, such as will the leak get bigger, will I have probs with other body parts such as kidneys, liver, bowel etc that started going mushy. Nobody can tell me. I'm determined to live every day like its my last and to its full potential, take advantage of this gift I've been given. I got a chance of a new life and mustnt waste it or take it for granted. I find it important to tell those I care about and love more than life itself just that everyday, whether its a text or minute convo. Still have fears and some regrets over it all but know with time when the hurt is all over and things are fixed Ill look back on this and be glad. If I managed through this passing my car driving test should be a doddle, right?! Now I lost weight my motorcycle is too big and heavy, I can't even take it off the stand! Might treat myself to a new one in the next few months or so, see how we get on with a car :) hope all is well with you all x

oh Scooter i nearly cried reading that, i truly hope nothing else goes wrong with kidneys etc and i love it that you are so focused on your family life xx take care and keep doing what you're doing and inspiring the rest of us :) xx

Thanks Angie, I'm adopting the term

"If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got"

(Loving the pics btw)

No intention of keeping old habbits or settling for stuff because its the easy optionM that's with everything even foods. I refuse to allow my nieces and nephew to be treated to mcdonalds I don't want them to end up like I did. So I'm finding other things, its harder but worth it. Lovely and hot yesterday, finished work at 3, walked home and went to my brothers as I got kids a paddling pool last week on offer. Blew and filled up and spent ages splashing about in there and on trampoline. I ache in most places today lol thatll teach me to think I'm a kid again, right? I wouldn't change those few hours for anything in this world. Wednesday were going to see Mickeys Magic Show :)

the only splashing i've been doing is in puddles :( i live in morecambe and there's a great big band of rain over us all week xx i don't think i've been on trampolene since high school can't imagine i would ever and i bet you didn't think you would either,,have fun on wed x

lol no definitely didnt think I would be on a trampoline at my age.. thank go for support wear in Tesco Sale! Could have been quite a sight! Can you imagine if the kids thought I was a flying squirrel with me bingo wings that are developing?? Instead of being called Aunty B theyd be calling me Aunty Squirrel. That would NOT be good :)

Bit of a bugger all that rain :( Hopefully youll get some brighter dryer days. I just know that when you do, up here in the Midlands were gonna get soaked! Always the way isnt it. I dont know whos more excited about the Mickey Magic show, the kids or me lol Never been to anything like this until November last year and I went to see Disney on Ice with my niece and nephew and it was amazing! Like I was 6 again, just sucked in to everything it was fantastic. Hope this is just as good, mind you even if its a pile of pants still be worth it :) Roll on November when Disney on ice is back again and I get to take the kids again.

So happy to hear that your life really seems to be back on track Scooter, I've followed your progress from your first post on this thread and it's been a harrowing read at times so I can't imagine how bad it's been to actually live it!
But you've beaten it all and become a true inspiration for us all!
Now get out there and enjoy every single little thing that life throws at you.
Em xxxxx

i would love to see disney on ice :) i need to find out where and when it is see if there's a local coach trip or something x hope you enjoyed yourself today :) and i'm sure squirrel nutkin would be very proud to have you in the family :)

lmao! Thanks Angie x Thanks Evenstar x

The magic show was good, but I think to understand and experience it in full its one of those things youd have to be in the dress circle, and we werent :( To be honest I was a little dissapointed, guess I thought it was be as spectacular as the ice shows but it wasnt, and I feel thats bc I got us the "cheap seats" mind u they were £38 ech so not that cheap! With the Disney on ice shows Ive paid £12.00 for each of us, and its been amazing. Just think with the type of show youd have needed to be dead close to be blown away as much.

Had a good day yesterday, did an awful lot of walking nad my legs are killing me today but its all good. Got home bout 7:30pm, had a drink and then spent an hour non stop throwing up bile tasting stuff. Dont know whether its because4 I last ate at about 6ish or not but I was in bed by 8pm and slept right through till 7am this morning. Feel so much refreshed though.

One thing I did findout yesterday is for things like this, where you go on outings andsuch there really isnt much for me to eat. I cant do bread, cant do pasta, cant do salad, cant do snack foods. next time Ill remember to takem y lunchbox :) hope you all have a good one

i went camping the other weekend and i had same problem we were at santa pod drag racing and it was all burger bars and pizza luckily i had taken a couple of portable bbq's and had taken some bacon and black pudding etc so had a good breakfast and didn't really bother eating rest of day :) i have started buying protein bars now after that experience and i try to keep one in my bag for emergencies xx

where do u get your protein bars from if u dont mind me asking?? I dont think Im eating enough throughout the day. It feels like Im eatign more than pre-op because im eating more often but i know for a fact im not eating anywhere near what I should. Yesterday I did pretty good:

6:30am - 2 x slices grilled bacon
9:00am - 2 tablespoons scrambled egg
12:30pm - 75g slice of quiche
2.00pm - Bottle of Fortimel
4:00pm - asparagus and pancetta ham
7:00pm - weetabix
9:30pm - a lamb samosa (naughty I know)

when I calculate the calories Im not eating more than around 700 calories, and it killed me to eat the above. Before I could have probably eaten the whole lot as a single meal. But with eating and getting my fluid quota in I feel Im struggling or should be taking in more but cant seem to get any more down my neck.

I cant drink a whole mug of tea during the day as Im full to the brim, but when I wake up at 5am I can drink a pint of skimmed milk in 20 minutes?? rather odd and gets me panicing that perhaps the leaks getting better but then during the day I have a hell of alot of restriction which leads me to believe im ok.

Atkins do them, I get mine from discount supplements. I use the protein shakes a lot using whey protein powder from them wizzed into skimmed milk and add sweetner to taste then blitz in my smoothie maker. You can add protein powder to yoghurt too and even make ice cream with it. You just need to work out how much to sweeten it to taste. Babybels are another good source of portable protein

Good luck

M

Back