• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

well done and nobody deserves it more xxx

Sweetie you are an inspiration!! After everything you've been through your so positive! Jays off to you Hun I wish you all the happiness in the world xx

I honestly think you are one of the bravest women I've ever "met". You've not just been to hell and back and came out on top, you aren't letting the hospital get away with it and I believe this is so so important. Not so much for your sake, although that is good for you too but like you say everyone in the future should be told about the risks. I have to say they didn't spend much time talking about them with me at all. It was so you are going to pay? ok, no dietician, no psychologist, no prep. I was told I might not lose all my excess weight and that because of my bmi I might not make it through the op but that was it. Nothing more said. Luckily I was ok but what would of happen if I wasn't?
I think it's incredibly brave you shared your story with your colleagues and glad to hear the mostly positive response you have gotten. You've earned your happy ending :) xx

I've not been here in a while Scooter , so I'm really glad to hear everything finally is right with you.
You look amazing in your photo!
Great news about the holiday, definitely what you deserve after the year you've had. :talk017:

I've not been here in a while Scooter , so I'm really glad to hear everything finally is right with you.
You look amazing in your photo!
Great news about the holiday, definitely what you deserve after the year you've had. :talk017:

Not to hijack scooters thread but how are you doing Em? been wondering how you are xx

Thanks Em x looking fab! How's things?

68898_10151381312883274_1773044712_n.jpg

Last Christmas and this Christmas :)

I sit here with a cheesy grin stretched across my face tonight. Never thought ID be here right now, writing this :) Its been a bugger of year, but its nearly over and we got through it :)

Merry Christmas everyone x x

Say hello to 2013 with that fantastic smile, fab body, and positive attitude ... :D

Wow scooter...... I'm Sat here gob smacked at the trauma you've been through!! It has certainly
Made me think a lot more about my forthcoming surgery! I pray u live a life now of health and happiness.... Well done xxx

Scooter,what difference a year makes,with everything you have had to put up you have done fab.Love the Christmas photo.x

whit woo look at that lovely pic xx take care and hopefully have a lovely healthy happy christmas and fantastic 2013 xx

Cheers Angie x you too my friend :) just 2 weeks till this year is wiped away and its allll behind :). I've been a good girl this year (well as best as I could) so who knows what Christmas magic will happen :)

I smile like the Grinch! :)

so 2013 has already been nuts.. hope everyones doing well and didnt suffer too much over the festive period..

Celebrated being an aunty again over the weekend and it felt weird being in the same hospital that had been a prison of impending doom for most of last year, and nothing but bad memories. Nice to see my family can finally assosciate something good with the place again now.

On way to mat ward bumped into one of the nurses who cared for me on the ward and she didnt recognise me immediately, she kind of looked at me, took a second look and being a cheeky so and so I asked her "what on earth are you staring at Alex??" and her face was a picture when she realised it was me. Got a hug and an omfg! She said she wouldnt have thought I was the same person. I last saw her in particular in August 2012, I had an NJ tube at the time, pipes out my side and was a sorry state. She was totally blown away by the difference and it feels good to know that even though I cant necessarily see the difference all the time, there is Something happening. I must be doing something right.

So my new nephew Charlie is gorgeous and I am now blessed to have 2 nieces, and 2 nephews to even it all out a bit. Of course the usual comments of "when you having one??" come along from aunts and uncles who you avoid and dont see unless theres a birth, death or wedding.

Part of my wanting surgery was to hopefuly change my fertility so i could have my own family in time with 'the one'. As 2013 has certainly gone off with a bang alright.. relationship breakdown, and now all these questions of "when you having a family" and being reminded Im not as young as I was anymore kinda dampened things. But.. being there, seeing little Charlie, and realising Ive got another nephew to spoil rotten, share things with and when had enough - pass back to his parents at the end of the day makes me grin.

Sometimes its hard to stay positive as it feels like when I get knocked down I get back up, get to my feet and kicked back down. One thing Ive learned from this whole experience, is that nothing is impossible or out of reach if your prepared to stretch that bit further and try a bit more.

Its been almost 11 months since I had surgery that changed my life for the better and worse. Ive requested the surgery date anniversary off work hope I can get it.. and also the day things got bad as dont know how Ill deal with this. Im already wracking my brains endlessly and it stirs weird feelings up and I need to get a grip over them before they engulf me. I have developed a whole new number of things to obsess over and confuse me, time to start battling them and smash them to pieces.. Sound crazy?? I think so too..

On a more positive note, Im now down to a size 12 jeans, work trousers and size 12/14 top. Not bad from a 34 eh?? Does anyone else have the "terminator effect" when theyre in a room?? I recently experienced this phenomena on Friday at a regular group where you walk in, say hi and get a full visual body scan terminator style.. evil looks.. and then.. what size are you now?! uncomfortable is an understatement of this phenomena because it was followed up by a "your smaller than me!!" and "but you were bigger than me!" and my favorite.. "Ive even had a tummy tuck!!" Also kind of dampens things, but Ive come to learn that theres always someone or something to pee on your bonfire and rain on your parade.. but its cool Im building a bigger fire and getting a marquee!

You poor woman.. I do hope things start to get better soon for you

Scooter how about some counselling? It may help overcome these new obsessive thoughts etc. you've been through such a lot, it's bound to have a knock on effect. Don't beat yourself up over it, look after yourself. And size 12, woo woo! Xx

hello stranger :) wow what a mixed up post , congratulations on your new nephew Charlie xxx I'm sorry your relationship finished:( I'm thinking Becky might be right counselling may be a good idea help get your thoughts into prospective xxx yes the terminator effect happens to me especially at work always a snide comment or glance from the same people xxx take care and I hope you manage to keep positive :)

Hi Scooter, lots of words came to mind as I read your post, brave, heroic, loving, caring to name but a few. You have been through sooo much much more than most of us on here. It will have taken a lot of strength n courage to come through what you have endured. I too believe counselling is a wonderful thing and if you get the opportunity would help you cope with the aftermath, so much has happened to you in such a short space of time, its only natural that you would be left with some mental scarring. People just don't realise how far you have come I only know you from on here and I realise just how debilitating it has ben for you its just a shame that those who know you don't see what we can. There is a little piece in the bible that says 'Blessed are those who believe and have not seen.' Move on girl you are a afighter you have had to be, this is going to shape the new you and this is your endurance test. I was sorry to hear your romance fizzled out, Mr Right is out there just waiting for ya to come along. Pleased you have a new nephew will give you something else to focus on. xx Take care xx

Back