• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leeds nuffield have cancelled my surgery

krazykelly

big boned
Hi all Iv just recieved a letter telling me my appontment has been put back til Oct.

I was meant to be going into hospital 3 weeks today :mad:

How unfair is that. I phoned and asked the reasons why, and they are going to phone me back later today.

I am proper Peeved to say the least, I had arranged all my pupils to fit in around the surgery and everything.:argh:

Sorry for the rant love Me x

oh that sucks big time - could be that people are on holiday - surgeons have to give 2 months notice if they want to go away I think and then it takes time for the appt system to catch up - I had a hospital appt cancelled for that very reason.

I know you had yourself all psyched up and its not fair but Oct will come round soon enough - you could get in that last takeaway too!

Sorry to hear that, it must be sooo upsetting/annoying/disappointing :(

sorry to hear that kell x

:( sorry to hear about your delay but its not been cancelled !! October will come round soon, although I can imagine its annoying when you have planned things round it. Ring em back n tell em you planned stuff so they cant change it lol see what they say, you never know. :)

thats another question to my list 'oy surgy you got any holidays planned ? if so cancel em !' pmsl

So sorry to hear this. It was my worst nightmare because of arranging cover within my job. Thankfully mine went ahead ok. Here's hoping you get a new date very soon. x x

Im still happy because the surgery will still be done at some point, but its the whole waiting game it drives you crazy ! and totally takes over your life.

not to mention the planning of it and getting mentally ready for it ! totally annoying :cry:

but nevermind I will wait and see what they say ! you never know i might get an earlier date than Oct.

Iv told them I would be prepared to swap surgeons. so fingers :fingerscrossed: x

I am so sorry your surgery has been postponed. Hopefully they will give you an earlier date than October.

Really sorry to hear that hun:(Mine was canclled and I had I wait a year for the surgery from first going to the docs;)It is worth it in the end though:D

kelly as long as you get the surgery a little while longer won't hurt. October will soon be here and at least you know it has to be done by then. Chin up sweetheart and think of it as extra time to get your head round the new way of eating.xx

Hi Kelly

Which surgeon's list are you on? I'm waiting for Dexter at Jimmys and think I may breach round about the same time as you and will probably end up at Nuffield too the way things are going. When did you go on a list? I think I went on in early June if I remember correctly.

Fingers crossed neither of us have to wait too much longer.

I know what you mean about trying to sort everthing out work wise - it's a nightmare.

Lyn

Hi Kelly

Which surgeon's list are you on? I'm waiting for Dexter at Jimmys and think I may breach round about the same time as you and will probably end up at Nuffield too the way things are going. When did you go on a list? I think I went on in early June if I remember correctly.

Fingers crossed neither of us have to wait too much longer.

I know what you mean about trying to sort everthing out work wise - it's a nightmare.

Lyn

Well I contacted my pct about swapping surgeons and Mr Dexter has quite a big waiting list at nuffield so Im just gonna wait only 9 weeks today :argh: !

I have no idea when I went on list ?

sorry to hear of your hiccup, Mr Dexter is one of the best with the laproscopic surgery, and if you wait for him, i'm sure you'll have it done this way, whether this be at Nuffield or Jimmys.....on the other hand there's Mr Pollard who's doing mine, he prefers the open surgery and he's at the Spire, both have a very good reputation, just different methods

sorry to hear of your hiccup, Mr Dexter is one of the best with the laproscopic surgery, and if you wait for him, i'm sure you'll have it done this way, whether this be at Nuffield or Jimmys.....on the other hand there's Mr Pollard who's doing mine, he prefers the open surgery and he's at the Spire, both have a very good reputation, just different methods

My PCT are asking Leeds wether I can swap surgeons I would love Mr Dexter to do it ! but apparantly Mr Dexter has a long wait so Possibly Mr Ackroyed or Prof Mcmahon !

or I might just wait for Mr Hayden in Oct !:raincloud:

All I can say folks is dont get ur hopes up cos it knocks you for six when this happens :( I cant seem to snap out of it !

Hi all Iv just recieved a letter telling me my appontment has been put back til Oct.

I was meant to be going into hospital 3 weeks today :mad:

How unfair is that. I phoned and asked the reasons why, and they are going to phone me back later today.

I am proper Peeved to say the least, I had arranged all my pupils to fit in around the surgery and everything.:argh:

Sorry for the rant love Me x
hi there well i sat here reading your dilema,when phone rang it was leeds nuffield--saying sorry but going to cancel your appointment for bypass on 18th sept 09-and will be sending me new appointment.i could not beleave it honest i was sat here reading you,:cry:and iv sorted work and every think out for wk or to of while of,now got to wait. i cant beleave it.but i no how you feel. chris

Back