• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cancelled again

chris195

hi every one well been on liver diet 10 days--all packed ready to go in to leeds nuffield tomos-even hotel booked for my wife so she can stay near me.BUT then it came today phone call cancelling op.im so well fed up--im thinking of not going any threw with op at all now,i was so siked up,plus iv stuck to liver diet (thats been hard on its own) plus now my wife having trouble cancalling hotel and getting money back.:cry:ps thanks for all your support so far.

Oh Chris, I feel for you. I really do. Same thing happened to me exactly. I got cancelled four days before my first scheduled surgery. I was well and truly gutted. I had invested so much into that surgery date, made arrangements, prepared family and myself then nothing. I understood and accepted the reason for the cancellation but I have to say it took a while. I eventually got my op 28 days later because I opted to wait for my original surgeon to do it when he was available rather than get a new surgeon.

Do you know why you have been cancelled? Let them know the difficulty you are having trying to undo all the arrangements you had put into place because of the cancellation. Are you private or NHS. If you are available for surgery at short notice, it might help to let them know this.

I hope you get another date soon. Please, please don't chuck it in. If this is something you have already decided you want then it's well worth waiting for. Waiting is frustrating but the rewards of wls surgery are so worth it, especially if you've failed at everything else.

Oh Chris, I feel for you. I really do. Same thing happened to me exactly. I got cancelled four days before my first scheduled surgery. I was well and truly gutted. I had invested so much into that surgery date, made arrangements, prepared family and myself then nothing. I understood and accepted the reason for the cancellation but I have to say it took a while. I eventually got my op 28 days later because I opted to wait for my original surgeon to do it when he was available rather than get a new surgeon.

Do you know why you have been cancelled? Let them know the difficulty you are having trying to undo all the arrangements you had put into place because of the cancellation. Are you private or NHS. If you are available for surgery at short notice, it might help to let them know this.

I hope you get another date soon. Please, please don't chuck it in. If this is something you have already decided you want then it's well worth waiting for. Waiting is frustrating but the rewards of wls surgery are so worth it, especially if you've failed at everything else.
thank you this is my 2nd cancelled op--but you right iv been waiting for couple of yrs,before i got go ahead,so you right thank you:wave_cry:

Really sorry to hear this Chris, I had my op cancelled once then delayed for ages:(Get on to the PCT asap and have a good old rant xx;)

Hi Chris ,thats awful as you are ready emotionally, physically and plus wife also invested so much into the operation as well.
I do hope you can rearrange as soon as suits you thinking of you Mia

Back