• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LIIIIIIIIVID! RAAAAAAAAAAAH!

mayamoo

returned home to find there is a seven pound difference between my sisters scales and mi.e so have I gained seven pound overnight ???? Which are wrong???? How much have I lost????

I dont know now *sad face* (sob)

On the plus size I have five tops and dresses that didn't fit me which now do and I have lost ten inches over my body since eighth Feb xx

I think most scales vary in actual weighing, It is hard to give you a solution other than steal your sisters scales so you can have a weigh in that is consistant each time.

All home scales will vary to some degree. As long as you always use the same one's then they will always be wrong by the same amount. the only one's you can rely on to be accurate are the really expensive electronic one's they have at the hospital.
I know that mine are different to the hospital one's but I'm only interested in how much I've lost each week and not what I weigh....as I don't intend to stay at that weight any longer than I have to :)

I bought some electronic ones that give me less than a pound variance from the hospital ones, really accurate can't remember what the make is though.

The key is to use the same ones each time as Brian says

It makes a difference where the scales are too - big variance between carpet and hard floors even with the same set of scales.
Congrats on the baggy outfits though!

Which are wrong????

I always weigh on Boots scales -- have you got a local Boots or pharmacy scales ...?

Perhaps that would give you an indication as to whether it is your own scales that are wrong, or your sisters.

I always weigh on Boots scales -- have you got a local Boots or pharmacy scales ...?

Perhaps that would give you an indication as to whether it is your own scales that are wrong, or your sisters.

I know someone on this site used Boots scales every week and swore they were always accurate until they said that she lost about 6 stone in a week. :D

Try checking them with something like a pre weighed item like a 5lb bag of potato's
or wait till you have to go to the Drs or Hospital and get weighed there and then check how much yours are out by

lamornamiss said:
I know someone on this site used Boots scales every week and swore they were always accurate until they said that she lost about 6 stone in a week. :D

Try checking them with something like a pre weighed item like a 5lb bag of potato's
or wait till you have to go to the Drs or Hospital and get weighed there and then check how much yours are out by

Wow about the boots scales lol

And good idea about the pre weighed item!

I am 7lb different on Heartlands community weight management scales to one of the heartlands on site weight management scales. That can be rough when it says you have gained, but two other sets of scales say different.

So even hospital ones can be a nightmare!

Now I've weighed with mine I will just run with those as long as i see the digits going down that's all that matters :) xx

mayamoo said:
Now I've weighed with mine I will just run with those as long as i see the digits going down that's all that matters :) xx

That's what I do with my home ones. Just knowing I am moving down is enough :)

I weighed on Boots over a year ago and it said i weighed 9stone something.... errr try 16stone something lol

I am the one Lamornamiss is mentioning lol...

I weighed on Boots over a year ago and it said i weighed 9stone something.... errr try 16stone something lol

I am the one Lamornamiss is mentioning lol...

That does sound like an "off day" for Boots !! :D :D

I do hope a few people who weighed that day told the staff the scales had not been calibrated properly .... or did they all go away thinking they had won the "weight loss lottery" that day ??? !!!!

Back