• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lipo - tummy

Lola

Has anyone had lipo done on their tummy/abdomen?

I have got 4st to lose and after 2kids and years of being overweight I am going to be left with a flabby belly. I want to have lipo done when I am at goal, and feel it will be a good incentive for me. I know I probably should have a tummy tuck, but feel it is far too invasive.

Can you get good results from lipo? I have an 'apron' so know I wont get perfect results, but feel it is the easier option, than a tummy tuck.

Thanks Mandy

charlotte

hi there i had lipo on my tummy in jan this year.i have had one child 18 years ago and im about 12st 10lb....we went to belgium to a surgeon who was recommended to me through my botox nurse in work (im a beauty therapist) i wear size 16 some 14 but mostly 16.he removed about 3ltrs of fat thats about 5 lb i no longer have two fat rolls that hang over my trousers,im still a size 16 but they are very lose.im very happy with my results i only had it done cos i as under to have eye surgery so i got that done too.the only thing i would say now is i now need a mini tuck as i have now lose skin and the doc says so too so now im saving up but am very happy,you see the doc in london then go to belgium i have been there 3 times now for myself and hold a friends hand he is good.Plastisch chirurg Dr. Van Canneyt | Van Canneyt Clinic | Plastische en esthetische heelkunde

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
hi there i had lipo on my tummy in jan this year.i have had one child 18 years ago and im about 12st 10lb....we went to belgium to a surgeon who was recommended to me through my botox nurse in work (im a beauty therapist) i wear size 16 some 14 but mostly 16.he removed about 3ltrs of fat thats about 5 lb i no longer have two fat rolls that hang over my trousers,im still a size 16 but they are very lose.im very happy with my results i only had it done cos i as under to have eye surgery so i got that done too.the only thing i would say now is i now need a mini tuck as i have now lose skin and the doc says so too so now im saving up but am very happy,you see the doc in london then go to belgium i have been there 3 times now for myself and hold a friends hand he is good.Plastisch chirurg Dr. Van Canneyt | Van Canneyt Clinic | Plastische en esthetische heelkunde

Wow Charlotte

Thanks for posting the link, the prices are very good!

Flibber

Liposuction removes fat, but if your problem is loose skin that has been stretched by years of obesity it won't help get rid of that sorry - the only real option is the tummy tuck. If you still decide to go ahead with the lipo you'll probably end up paying for a TT later. Charlotte seems to be talking about her midriff area, which "hung over her trousers" whereas I thought you were talking about an apron of skin that hangs down from the belly?

charlotte

yes surgery was below my belly button,and yes very cheap have a look at his web site. van canneyt.and yes i bit painfull i was black and blue,however even thou he said he wont do a mini tuck till sept as im still shrinking how true it is,every week i feel more lose soft skin its not to bad of an apron im a size 14 pretty flatish tum but hey who would not want a tight flat tum,also once the fat cells are removed the fat will not grow back there,but to another part of the body so i had better watch out or i will get a fat head lol xxx now i want a mini tuck but i am very pleased with my results if i do not have a tuck x

Lex87

In my opinion it all hurts, but it's like giving birth... you will forget about how much it hurt as time goes by.
Liposuction is generally thought to be safer than a tummy tuck, since it is a much less traumatic procedure. The tummy tuck operation is a pretty substantial one. The incision usually extends from one hip to the other, and can often be almost 2 feet long. In addition, the belly button, is often moved downward a considerable amount. In contrast, liposuction surgery involves only a few very tiny incisions which become hardly noticeable, and no displacement of the belly button. Recovery after liposuction is easier than after a tummy tuck.

Cheers
Sam