• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tummy tuck and lipo

Sian744

Heya everyone

i am having a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and lipo on the 4th feb and am so so nervous......having recently lost 3 stones and got a few pounds more to lose on the CD i can't beleive it's finally happening.:eek::D

i have waited for yrs to get this done and been so unhappy with my tummy that i begged my parter to help pay fgor it after the NHS turned me down depsite saying it could be done.

Anyways

just wondered has anyone else had this surgery done and does anyone have any tips or advice for after surgery?

cheers

Sian xx

Mrs Depp

Hiya Sian, good luck with your surgery. I'd love to be able to have abdominoplasty too but after having my daughter 7 years ago I was advised to "think twice about ever having any other surgery" as I contracted septacemia. it hasn't put me off wanting one though lol!

Icemoose/Mike had his tummy done last year but I can't remember where his thread is, sorry.:eek: If you click on the search bar in the blue panel you may be able to find it. :)

Sambucca

Hi Sian. this is something I am considering as after two 10lb babies, one of them by caesarean, and being overweight for 10 years I think its highly unlikely that my stomach will ever be normal again.

Where are you having it done, and if you dont mind me asking, how much is it costing? Also, if your ticker is correct, my BMI is about the same as yours, but I thought it would need to be lower before a surgeon would agree to operate.(dont know why I thought that - just assumed) Did your surgeon say anything about that?

Sian744

Heya

and thanks for replies :D

will go and look for the thread from icemoose thanks mrsdepp.

and wannalose8stone

basically it is costing around £5.6k- was orig £6.7k but managed to get them to lower the price ;) I had other quotes ranging between £4-6.5k.

It is with a Mr Dai Davies (plastic surgery partners) at the West london clinic- i contacted him after seeing his programme "plastic surgery school" on the discovery channel.

I went to see several other surgeons and only 1 said i would have to get to a BMI of 30 and stay stable for 3 months before operating....the other 3 including mr Davies said they could do it when i was ready. Mr Davies reckoned he could and will remove around 5/6 kg of excess skin- so hoping to lose a little anyways with what they take off.

I chose to book ahead so that i could lose as much as possible before the op. Am having the op on the 4th Feb so not long now.

Sian xx

Sambucca

Thanks for your reply Sian, and good luck with the op. would love to hear how it all goes. xx

Sian744

ps sorry didnt put my weight in - nit sure if it helps..... was 15st 10 when i started losing weight and 15st 4 when i started on the CD and am now 12st 1lbs

Sian xx

Sambucca

Youve done really well Sian. I need to lose a fair bit more before I consider the op really, but I reckon they would take a good stone off my belly if I have a TT.

Sian744

thanks Susan- off to google "heal me"

Sian xx

Sian744

**just an update**

been given the time to go in on monday for my tummu tuck- makes it seem all so real now and even more nervous:hide:

i have to go in by midday and the op will be about an hour later- please think of me and keep fingers crossed it will all go ok...have taken before pics over the time i was on cambridge and will take after pics when i am able to

hope everyones ok x

Sian xx

Sambucca

wow. not long now Sian. Everything is going to be OK. You are putting yourself in the hands of experts and just think of the final result.

Did you see the thread that I think MrsPink posted with photos of tummy tucks. That should make you feel a whole heap better as you could hardly see the scars after a couple of years.

Can wait to hear how it all goes xxx

Mrs Pink

Oooh good luck Sian! It will be fine I'm SURE but you must be nervous...anyone would be. But remember we're all cheering you on and sending best wishes your way!:)
Don't know if you've heard of it - but I was advised to take homeopathic arnica after my c-section and i did, for weeks, and the docs were amazed at how fast I healed - and the scar is now virtually invisible! :DYou might want to think about trying that but of course best to check with surgeon first ..

Lisa Marie

Good Luck Sian. Do post your pics when you're able, I'll be needing a tt when I get to goal.

girlygirl

Sian - thinking of you, praying for you and sending healing thoughts.

This is the start of the New Life you dreamed of.

And yeah, it is probably gonna hurt! Nothing worthwhile is ever easy,

Brightest blessings.

xx

Sian744

thanks everoyne for replies.....

i am taking Arnica..... been taking it for a few days now..... do you reckon i should carry on with it?

Also multi vits and something called bromelain which has been reccomended for healing after tt

LM- your time will come so quickly- i can't beleive it's happening for me x

Sian xx

Mrs Pink

Yes I took it for a few weeks after the c-section.....

Sian744

thanks will do

Sian xx

Sussex Girl

I've just found your thread Sian and wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow.

Please come back and tell us all about it - warts and all, as I know I'll need a tummy tuck when I get to goal.

Hope all goes well for you xx

Sian744

thankyou...... am so nervous....1 day til d-day :eek:

Sian xx