• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little black dress at xmas

same as above would be wonderful to go in any shop and pic a dress off rail and know it will fit and look good as well x

I feel scared to post a size! I don't have any clue what sort of weight to target or what sort of clothes size I might go down to. I would love to be a size 20 by Christmas but haven't got the faintest idea if that's even remotely achievable.

i cant even imagine myself smaller then i am,ive been fat for sooo long now,im currently a size 22-24 on bottom (theyre a big baggy tho) and a 18-20 top,id LOVE to be a 14 by xmas that would be the best xmas present ever xxx

I feel scared to post a size! I don't have any clue what sort of weight to target or what sort of clothes size I might go down to. I would love to be a size 20 by Christmas but haven't got the faintest idea if that's even remotely achievable.

I know what you mean by this Yves - my intial target is just to get below 20 stones. x

I only target a stone at a time. That's all I can actually believe myself achieving - I've never lost more than a stone really. So I just plug away, cheer at the next stone and then set my sights on the next one down lol. My small 32s are getting looser so maybe will set another goal of being comfortable in 30s but I cannot bear to 'pour' myself into things anymore. Much rather be comfortable.

Unfortunately I don't do well with big targets so I no longer do that to myself. I dream always, but I daren't, for my own sake, try and make myself believe it will happen. I get very upset then if I don't meet targets etc.

I know what you mean about big targets , that's why I failed at diets before , it was always too big a mountain to climb

Exactly. And I would start every diet with 'this time I will do it!' and I would start thinking about the fact that I wanted to lose 15-20 stone and I would just fail beautifully one day.

I would like to be at my goal and maintaining by a lot earlier than Christmas but we'll see how things progress. I'm already a size 12 depending on where I shop. River Island; forget it. Their sizes are MINUTE. But most standard size 12s are fine. My hips measure 38"; that's a 12 isn't it?

Maybe I'd like to be a River Island size 12 by Christmas; that's a goal worth having!

Main thing is, I'd like to be at my goal weight of somewhere in the 9s and maintaining, with some wiggle room.

Last edited:
All of you will get there;) I was a 20/22 in October and am now a 10. I will not run down the street naked though it's not a pretty sight.

sherr011 said:
All of you will get there;) I was a 20/22 in October and am now a 10. I will not run down the street naked though it's not a pretty sight.

Lol!! Well done :D

Pre op I wouldn't dream. But in the last week I have decided that for me personally this will only work if I stay positive and visualise long term success. Failing on the small goals has hurt more than anything. So, if by Xmas I am 16 and not a 14, I won't cry. I will pat myself in the back. Anything for me now is progress. One step away from the old me who couldn't see a positive outcome. I am pretty damn proud of myself lol

Not had surgery yet but I'm going to hope for a 24. I hope I'm not dreaming too big as I'm a 34 top and 32 bottom. I guess I'll have more an idea after the op. It's my ultimate dream to be a comfortable size 14 so I can shop in topshop and allsaints. I love their clothes so hopefully one day :D

Back