• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver shrinkage diet!, stating today

Curls40

So day one of my liver shrinkage diet ,in prep for my mini gastric bypass in two weeks,
Breakfast ,
Small bowl of bran flakes, milk out of my allowance
Pear
Will weigh myself later to see weight loss

So day one of my liver shrinkage diet ,in prep for my mini gastric bypass in two weeks, Breakfast , Small bowl of bran flakes, milk out of my allowance Pear Will weigh myself later to see weight loss

Good luck. It's so close now.

All the very best on the LSD

Thank you ladies,weighed myself, iam 19stone 1lb,(hanging my head in shame)
Lunch is two crispbreads 2boiled eggs. Cucumber tomato and portion of laughing cow Lf cheese.
Just getting the belly rumbles at 2:45pm, but just got in from work,
I've put on about 7lbs since my weigh ahead programme finished in March,

Thank you ladies,weighed myself, iam 19stone 1lb,(hanging my head in shame)
Lunch is two crispbreads 2boiled eggs. Cucumber tomato and portion of laughing cow Lf cheese.
Just getting the belly rumbles at 2:45pm, but just got in from work,
I've put on about 7lbs since my weigh ahead programme finished in March,

Ah your food so far sounds just like my pre op diet was :) i hope you will feel as well during it as i did! :) remember to drink pleanty :)

That 7lbs will fall off during this pre op diet, dont worry :)

Dinner last night was cod ,was actually quite tasty as cooked it in oven with lemons ,
Cauliflower ,broccoli, rice (two tablespoons) large mushroom with Lf cheese and tomatoes ,
Never felt hungry at all today,really,
Only thing I missed eating was carrots with my meal , not allowed root veg,
I love carrots,

Only thing I missed eating was carrots with my meal , not allowed root veg,
I love carrots,

Thats what i did miss the most on my pre op diet too!! I love carrots (raw, steamed, roasted, boiled, mashed..) ;)

Cant wait until i am on puree and can have some pureed carrots ;)

I am on liquid stage so had some carrot soup (added protein powder to get more protein in the meal) ;)

I am glad you are feeling well and not hungry on your pre op diet :)

Thats what i did miss the most on my pre op diet too!! I love carrots (raw, steamed, roasted, boiled, mashed..) ;) Cant wait until i am on puree and can have some pureed carrots ;) I am on liquid stage so had some carrot soup (added protein powder to get more protein in the meal) ;) I am glad you are feeling well and not hungry on your pre op diet :)
When did you have you op , and what did you have, can you see the wounds,? I not sure what to expect,

When did you have you op , and what did you have, can you see the wounds,? I not sure what to expect,

I had my surgery on saturday (the 6th of september). It was bypass. i have 5 bandages and i am due to remove them on saturday evening. So nope i have not seen my wounds yet :) not sure i want to see them to be honest ;) on my discharge the nurse said that i should not need any bandages after removing them.. So fingers crossed everything will be healed fine. I have a feeling the one where my drain was will be the most visible/least healed. ;)

I didn't even know we would have a drain, my pre op is Thursday,
Day three of diet I seem to have lost 5lbs, husband moaning at me to pull my jeans up as they are baggy,
So it must be right what the scales say, feeling empty in the belly tonight ,so used to feeling full.

What I miss is not eating as much fruit as I can, already gone over my allowance of two portions of fruit today and yesterday.

Day four,
Not feeling too great today,muzzy head and a pain in my right hand side lower down.
Hubby had a indian takeaway last night so I made him sit in the back room, this morning they all had bacon scrambled egg and waffles, what I would normally have ,I just simply removed myself from the room to upstairs,
Today I'm volunteering as I normally do on a Sunday cooking bacon and burgers for my sons football team, taking the cakes left over from my charity tea party to sell too, so none left in house,
Work Monday 4:30 am wake up, let's see if I have enough engery

It does get easier. I felt like I had a hangover during the first week and not even had a drop since last year.

It's worth it to see the weight coming off and knowing your surgery will be safer.

I didn't even know we would have a drain, my pre op is Thursday,
Day three of diet I seem to have lost 5lbs, husband moaning at me to pull my jeans up as they are baggy,
So it must be right what the scales say, feeling empty in the belly tonight ,so used to feeling full.

On the morning of my surgery the surgeon told me if you wake up with a drain that means either bypass or sleeve was done. So i was so happy to see my drain when i woke up.

So i took everything off my wounds yesterday (as instructed by the nurse). So the hole where the drain was looked the best! All sealed and smooth. The others.. Well i covered them for a few days.. Some still had some stiches not melted away so i was afraid to pull on them.. (If left incovered), one looked a tiny bit more pink around, One Still looked a bit open . well it still was, even was bleeding after i took the steristrip off half of the cut just popped open So shall see how it gets on today.. Might go and see a practise nurse at my gp's tomorrow if no improvement ;) but at least non of them looked infected/swallen or very red around so thats a good thing.

The cuts seem to be so small! I cant imagine how they manage to do everything inside you with such small cuts. Cant wrap my head around it :)

Hope the diet gets easier for you :) you are doing a great job! And soon it all be just in the past. ;)

What I miss is not eating as much fruit as I can, already gone over my allowance of two portions of fruit today and yesterday.

Yes! It was tough for me too. You should really try and not go over the allowance of fruit (especially on the last 7 days). I know its tough! It was extremely hard for me too.

I was dreaming for at least an extra fruit everyday!! I wish i could have swaped my daily yogurt for a fruit :) :) as i left yogurt untouched most of the days :)

A good dinner tonight ,feeling full.
Small butternut squash roasted,filled with spinach and chopped mushroom,
2 ozs chicken, cabbage and cauliflower, used a brovil cube for gravy,
Going to have a mango later.

Back