• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lonley road anyone one want to walk with me?

gingernutter

After the set back with my PCT funding I am starting to gain strength again. The PCT have asked for more infomation on why be I should be considered an exceptional case. My list is long!!!! but i will fight on. It seems in my area the PCT are very hard to squeeze the funding from.

I am a hard working tax payer. If i do not get the WLS I will have to go on the sick some time soon. At the end of my day I have to go to bed. that is the extent of my life, work and bed then bed and work. What a life.

I felt I had a very strong case but here I am with my many health problems, living on pain killers in the hope that my PCT will cough up.

Fingers crossed my friends and thank you for your support. Sorry about all my moaning.

Last edited:
It does seem so unfair. It seems like certain areas have tons of surgery approval (like mine) where other areas have none. I can't see why some have to fight & claws (you, CharlieGirl, others on here) but some just sail through like a breeze. And what makes one person more needy than another? I feel for you and just hope that you stay strong and take all the energy you have and put it toward showing them that you will not give up.

Everyone here supports you, you go get 'em!:vibes::gen126::hug99:

I'm there beside you Sarah :) anything I can do you only have to shout x

Sarah we are all behind you 100% of the way. keep strong and try to keep positive hun you will get there x

Hi Sarah, I`m not very clued up on the whole funding and PCT process as I went private for my band but I just wanted to say good luck and chin up hun. By the sounds of things on here Charliegirl had a real fight on her hands getting funding for her bypass and she perceviered and is now on the losing side. Don`t give up hope as this could be you soon too xxx

Hi Sarah, I`m not very clued up on the whole funding and PCT process as I went private for my band but I just wanted to say good luck and chin up hun. By the sounds of things on here Charlie Girl had a real fight on her hands getting funding for her bypass and she perceviered and is now on the losing side. Don`t give up hope as this could be you soon too xxx

Charliegirl! where do you think I got my ideas from! I am giving CG a rest so she can recover from her op but then we will be full steam ahead! Shel has also been a great help to me with putting my letters together. I like having my very own personal assistant even thou she is a loser wink wink! Everyone has been so helpful. I am also in local contact with others who have had the surgery and they too had to fight the PCT. I would like to say that the PCT staff have been very helpful but it is just a matter of getting the cash out of them that is the problem.

You'll get there. I am a huge believer in the power of people, if we really want something then we can make it happen.

chin up sarah you will get there in the end, Its a fight worth while and once there you will feel so good you have won what you desire so much.

I think that all pct's give weight loss patients a hard time with funding , like its a unwritten rule , but they do cave in and fund what you want.

Keep up with the fight and good luck with it all

Mark

Hi Sarah

It's never a lonely road when your on here, sending you hugs xxx

what cost saving are made buy the NHS if I am given WLS.

Thank you all so much I am starting a new threat can anyone add to it?

what cost savings are made buy the NHS if I am given WLS. I want to give the PCT some facts and figures. I know I deserve this surgery but I need something that else that they can consider. Money talks with the PCT. So can anyone give me some facts and figures to throw at them.

Last edited:
OK doke lets look at this. If you have type 2 diabetes, and take 500mg Metformin 3 times a day, the annual cost of this to the NHS for scripts alone would be £27.78. So if we look at 40 years costings, that would be £1111.20 (although obesity related diabetes worsens over time so would be higher as would need a higher dose).

Blood pressure. Say you're on 20mg daily Enalapril. Thats £66.56 per year, or £2662.40 over 40 years.

Thats why I was asking about medication :) one way to get some good stats.

Hi Sarah, I so feel for you I really do, im just beginning the process of applying for funding and i cant believe the amount of help and support I have recieved off this site, it has been amazing and inspirational, I hope we can follow this journey together, to support one another through the lows and higs, of which im sure there will be many, keep your chin and stay strong , I totally agree with what Shell said in that the power of yourself will get you what you want from life.

Good Luck and keep us all informed

Helen
xxxx

Back