• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slow starter

Hi Sally How you getting on today?
I think its a good idea to up your food intake, I found when I don't eat enough I don't lose anything, You really do need to remember to eat around 5 small meals a day, this being around 3 to 6 tbls of food, and drink plenty of fluids.
Hope this helps a little and Oh, the Cod in Parsley sause is great I make a fish pie with it, Put fish in in caserole dish (frozen,) Ad mash potatoe, with grated cheese on top and some sliced fresh tomatoes, Put it in the oven on around 150 for about an hour and its soooo yummy!!
Good luck hunnie. x

Hi Jo

Yeah I feel a bit better today...still annoyed at the lack of weightloss and lack of motivation, but there again theres not much I can do other than keep at it!
Today I have had bio yoghurt mixed with mango and pineapple puree, sardines and cottage cheese for dinner and a protein shake...I also had a packet of quavers, which I know is naughty, but from eating 5-6 packets a day to one in 3 half weeks I thought Id get away with it! I didnt enjoy them that much anyway and its certainly made the cravings go away so thats gotta be a good thing!
I have made a fish pie for tea, so cannot wait to try that mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

Sally x

Being more positive...have been out for a bike ride with my dog following behind..we raced round the small park 5 times, both have come home knackered and Im sure I an see stars...OH even jogged round with me once :D Happy days :D

20lbs lost so far..8 kilos...I hope I got my calculations right! haha

Happier now :D

thats great well done x x x

Great work Sally! Glad it is finally coming off for you, keep eating! You are averaging 5lbs per week which is FANTASTIC!

Nic:D

Hi Salski

Firstly DONT weigh yourself every day - will drive you mad and you fluctuate so much during the week. Do it at the same time every week but once a week only.

Secondly, I was told that post bypass you lose weight fast during the first couple of weeks then it can stop for a week or so and then it speeds up again - everyone is different and everyone's metabolism is different so dont panic. I also found I lost more weight in the weeks when I was more active - Im not talking running or gym (god forbid!), just a slow stagger round the park. Could only do a few minutes at first but it soon builds up promise.

Lastly, I was told to eat three meals a day with at least 2 snacks between them and when I wasnt doing that, to drink. I find it very difficult to force it all in and it seems that Im either always eating or drinking.

It will come off - its a question of patience - just think what you have been through - your insides have been totally rearranged. 3 months from now and you wont know yourself!

Hi Salski
I am similar to you at the moment too. I had my bypass on the 5th April and Ive had trouble especially the past two weeks with feeling and being sick a lot. Im not eating hardly anything at the moment and my weight hasn't changed either.
Its like PG say's it can only be that my body is in starvation mode too. I have managed to keep some cottage cheese down today and three crackerbreads so thats good. Ive also had some sf jelly and four peach slices but Im not eating enough as feeling sick all the time your not hungry.

Thank you for bringing this up and try not to worry as your NOT the only one who is having this problem. xxx

:D Hi Sally (sorry i havent replied to your personnal message - i saw it and thought i will reply in a minute, when i went back it was gone!! Still trying to get use to this site lol x)

20 lbs is wonderful. Are you still feeling tired? or does that get better?!?!
xxx

Thank you all for lovely dovely comments! Im just so glad its finall coming off, and I notice thismorning when I got dressed that I could tell around my hips and waist which is a good thing!
Been active walking all weekend and still going on my bike every other day...Ive had a pants day at work. As I am the first aider I was called to a 6 foot 20 stone Nigerian chap who was having an epileptic fit and it was an awful site, especially as there was nothing I could do whilst he was fitting...he seemed better when the ambulance finally came for him!
From coming in from work ive made a pea and ham soup and sat on my big fat bum, but I shall be going out for a doggy walk later! The tiredness is still there Sue, but no where near as bad as it was.

I meant to ask...when we was at the support group in Salford the other day...the nurse told my boss that after 3 months, I will begin to feel worse than I do now as my body will stop burning off fat stores or something like that...anyone have any ideas about that?

PS. Thanks for the clarification PG...17 lbs aint as good as the 20lbs...but ah well :D thanks xx

Back