• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

looking for people with St Georges experiance please

Lisabubble

Does anyone have experiance with St Georges who can give an estimated time for waiting after consultant appointment to actual operation, thanks.

Hi Lisa. I was at St. Georges and the usual waiting time from referral to op is around 2 years. There's a fab support group on the last Tues of every month in the diabetic clinic in the Lainsbourgh wing at 5.30pm. Stupid time to have it but it is good. See if you can pop along there's so much info there.

Kate x

From referral till op 16 months for me . I had my op at st anthonys tho as st georges were so stretched with numbers ... Hopefully it's now a bit quicker x

Mine was about 2 years also, what appointments have you been to? I didnt meet my consultant/surgeon until i had been waiting just over a year. He showed me the form with the criteria that patients need to meet. I had no co-morbities so i had to have a bmi of 50 or over to qualify for surgery. Once you tick the relevant boxes on that form you hear within weeks and go on the waiting list. The waiting list should be 18 weeks but i believe it could be a bit longer now. Thats how it happened for me.
Kim

I too am under St.George's.
For me I think it was almost two years from my first appointment to my surgery date. Not sure what the waiting time is like now?

In October last year I was told that, if I went on the waiting list at St Georges rather than at St Peters (Chertsey), the waiting time was 6-9 months and that the whole journey was 18 months to 2 years with most people waiting nearer the 2 year mark.

Also, as they take people from a wide range of PCT's, it depends on the criteria set by your PCT not necessarily St Georges as to whether you qualify for surgery.

Tatiana

I will be at the support group this month along with kate, you know what we look like so come over and say hello.
Kim

Back