• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Looking for some hope...

elarkins

Hi all!

I had my band done Feb 2012 and lost 15kg, but in the last 12 months my weight has been yoyo-ing like crazy and I've really been struggling to keep it off. I was really hoping that the band hadn't failed me but just last week I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries which the Dr said would have been a major factor in my weight re-gain (I gained another 10kg but so far have lost the other 5kg again, thank god!)

So with the added stress of not knowing yet if my partner and I can have children, I've been struggling again with my will power (emotional eater...) The medication my Dr would like to trial me on can help with weight loss and I know that that alone can help with the symptoms of polycystic ovaries.

Anyway, I was thinking surely I'm not the only one out there going through this (or similar) and I would really love to hear some success stories to give me some faith!!

:)

I have PCOS and through blood tests, found out I didn't ovulate so was unsure whether we could have children without lots of help, so started the fertility route May 2013... when I met with them the first time, they said they couldn't help us until I had lost a significant amount of weight. In November 2013 I decided to have a gastric sleeve done (which happened in January 2014) and in the 4 months since, I've lost 67 lbs and have found out I'm about 5-6 weeks pregnant! So it can happen, just have to focus on weight loss and make sure to keep up with the tests to make sure everything else is functioning appropriately.

Well done that's great news!!!!! 67lbs is a massive amount to lose and you should be so proud!! Congratulations ?

Well done that's great news!!!!! 67lbs is a massive amount to lose and you should be so proud!! Congratulations ?

I'm quite pleased with my progress! I'd hoped to have been a bit farther along before getting pregnant, but it happens when it happens, so I'm gonna run with it. :)

Back