• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose Skin

It may sound bizzarre but i'm now more self conscious when i go swimming that when i was 8 stone heavier. Its as if the firmer fat was more bearable to expose that the loose flappy bits lol.
When dressed and wearing my hold in pants i don't mind my tummy or legs but its my bingo wings and those bits at the side of your breasts that come over the side of your bra - i don't even know what they are called lol. I can't hide them no matter what i do and i'm very aware of them.
Having said all that , i'm much happier to be thinner - Its a small price to pay for being healthier.
Fingers crossed i can get the plastics though.....

Loose skin worries me and i know im gonna have it but i guess its better than the alternative.
I will assess it once i lose all my wieght then may go private for tummy tuck

I'm 53 and have lost 91 pounds. I used to go to the gym before my surgery and now I go maybe twice a week, when work allows. I do weights for my arms and as many sit ups as I can. My loose skin isn't too bad at all, I was really surprised and pleased. My boobs have defo gone south but a good bra-fitting helped there and with clothes on they look great. The bit I hate most is my inner thighs, they look like an old womans but again, if I wear clothes they're OK. Walking in a cozzie is a no-no as the skin on my legs move even after I've stopped.

As others have said as a man it probably does not matter as much.But it seems a shame to think that at the beach i wont take my shirt of now because im to embarrassed and it might be the same after surgery.But im sure thats a small price to pay to get all the other benefits

In a way it's great that so many people have the same problem. I am already factoring in the plastics but some seem worse than others so it might just be ok :)

Back