• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When does the loose skin really start to show?

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi everyone, ive lost 7.7 stone and so far my loose skin is looking pretty good, i reckon ive got another 4 stone to go so was just wandering after how much of a loss does the skin really start to deteriate? i take it im not out of the woods yet?!!!!

if its looking good now then it should remain good. Im almost 9 stone down and mine is not as bad as it could be but it still needs work!

Was hoping someone would say that! your weight loss is fantastic caroline, well done you!

I lost 7 stone in 4 months 3 years ago & had no loose skin... I hope that when/if I have surgery it'll be the same!!

I think keeping fluids up helps hugely!

Well done on such a fantastic weight loss already!! xx

Thanks ditzee, there is hope then!

personally i think it all depends on age, how many times you have gone up and down and how long you have been big for. my skin was loose before i started and has gradually got worse as ive gone along. Ive now got arms of an 80 yr old and cant ever see me wearing a tshirt again.

I agree, there are lots of factors, it's a bit like women who don't get stretch marks when they're pregnant, It's a to do with an individuals skin elasticity.
Maybe we should have a thread on tips to avoid loose skin. I've heard massage helps.

Yeah I have lost 6stone 12lbs and my skin on my belly is awful but not too bad on my arms...lots of new stretch marks but no saggy skin there! x

Back