• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Losing too much weight?

emmakc

Hi I haven't been on here for ages, I used to come on all the time pre-op but I guess like many people once the op is over with and life gets back to normal you come on less and less. So apologies for coming on only when I need support!

I weighed 16.6 when I had my op and I'm 5ft 4. I'm now 5 months out and have lost 2lb shy of 6 stone. My goal was 10 stones but I'm still losing about 2lb a week. Shouldn't this have slowed down by now?

I'm really pleased with my weightloss, I've gone from a size 20/22 to a size 12 and Ideally I'd like to stay at a size 12.

Any of you ladies that have got to goal, were you still losing at such a fast rate just before it stopped or did it really slow down towards the end?

Thanks x

YES it keeps on goin for a while then you may have stalls until your body plateaus out you are doing fab well done the 1st 6 months are when you lose the most amount then the body starts to get used to nit and adjusts. xx

I am having the same problem :( lossing more a week now I under goal than I was above my goal

I know you are a bypasser so will have different challenges but I am sure the principles are similar. I am a bander and got to my 12st goal, and then even though I increased my intake bit by bit each week, my weight losses carried on at c 2lbs per week to the point that I now maintain at anywhere between 9st 11lbs and 10st 3lbs (depending on TOTM). I think I was improving my metabolism by feeding it more and more protein :rolleyes: Anyway, I was pretty worried to be honest, but 6 months after achieving goal, my body has found its happy place ... I am sure yours will too ... but if you are concerned, speak to your consultant or provider xxx

Hi Emma!!! Can't believe you're still losing wow! I've lost 5 stone and 4 months post op- I also keep expecting it to stop as everyone says it will. Just enjoying it while it lasts! You are the Emma from Brent x meet up aren't you?!

HI Eve, yes it is me! Well done on your weightloss that's fantastic. How are you getting on now?

Thanks for your posts everyone. I've made an appointment with my provider for next month as I get heartburn if I don't take medication (lanz something) and he said I shouldn't get that. Apparently, quite a high percentage of the population has a bug in their gut which can cause heartburn and alcers, called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) - they symptoms are more noticeable in those that have had bypass surgery and it can cause pain in your left handside like gallstones. I had a gallstone scan and my stools tested but both were negative (hence me going back to see the provider). I'll check my weightloss out with him then as I should be at goal by then.

I'll update this post when I find out more!

Hi Emmakc

It's nice to hear from you again. Well done on the weightless .

Nicky xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Am not doing too bad. Am on soft food this week thankfully, fed up with puree ... Weightless slow, but think that's normal at 4 weeks.. An craving salt and vinegar, have a good mind to suck on a ryvita mini to get rid of the craving lol x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm doing really well Emma and feeling good! On my discharge notes it said lanzaprosole anti acid for 3 months post op and when I stopped taking it I had terrible heartburn and was told to keep taking it! I'm also worried that I will be stuck taking them forever! Keep us posted once you have had your appointment!! Good luck!

I was on that pre-op but they changed it to omeprazole as much to protect my pouch from the paracetamol & ibruprofen I take for my fibromyalgia pain & at that time osteoarthritis pain. I restrict myself to taking those at night unless I have a really bad day & need more pain relief, occasionally I get some heartburn but more when in extremely stressed than any other time. I suffered from IBS pre-op & to a lesser degree still do post op, I don't get the stomach gripes do much but get very bloated & uncomfortable so take one mebeverine every morning to keep that at bay, only taking more if its flares, sometimes the trapped wind does give me the stomach/intestinal gripes but again a pill either psychologically or physically relieves the problem.

Hi all,I have been told to take Lansoprazole for the first 12 months post op as it protects your pouch,haven't had any problems "touch wood"up to now.xx

Yyes edge I took them too. I started them after my 1st endoscopy they found sites of gastritis which is just inflammation in the tummy for all I NEVER FELT IT, they said it had to be treated and kept at bay. I did have a small herina too which they said would be bypassed so no problems there either. I took them all in all for bout 16 months then thney said could stop them, only had heart burn twice and just took over the counter tabs, ranitidine tablet shops own brand xx Lovely to meet you on Sat by the way xx

Hi. I was bypassed on the 22 feb. I lost 12lb in the first week but haven't lost anything since, despite not eating much on the purée diet. It's getting me down a bit. Is this normal????

Yep it can be the body goes into shock its being fed but very little compared to normal so after the initial losses it says hang on I'm not being fed so I'm going to hang onto my supplies until they feed me again properly.
After a while it decides ok this is normal now so I can manage without those extra stores. I need that to go to fuel myself so let's you lose again burning off the fat stores so you have the energy etc to get on with your normal life.
Some suffer these seeming stalls on a regular basis others intermittently.
However do not despair the scales may not be moving but if you noted your vital statistics pre-op & check them during the stalls you will often find the inches are shrinking even if the scales aren't moving. Just because its not obvious to us it doesn't mean we aren't losing still.
Chin up get that tape measure out & see if its happening under your nose without you realising.

Thank you. Normally I would have had a blow out if I wasn't loosing and trying hard, but I can't! So this is a benefit as there is no going back. X

Hi. I was bypassed on the 22 feb. I lost 12lb in the first week but haven't lost anything since, despite not eating much on the purée diet. It's getting me down a bit. Is this normal????

How many times a day are you eating? I'm still on purée and managing four times a day and a full three tablespoons on average and drinking plenty. Im also varying what i have from blitzed chunky soups with added liquid to little roast dinners puréed with gravy. The pounds are still moving at the mo. When I didn't manage to get much in at first I stopped losing. It seems eating makes you lose weight! I'm sure it'll suddenly drop for you. Stick with it x

Hi. Eating half weetabix for brekkie, purée veg and meat or fish for lunch and tea. Occasional fromage frais. Having bout 6 tablespoons at meal times. Drinking lots. X

Well that all sounds good. Just must be your body having a little rest before it sheds it all! Lol. You're doing well, stick with it hun x

Hi Borogirl

Mines been almost identical to you. Approx stone off then nothing at all. But I can see my face changing and also lay in bed at night fondling newly discovered knobbly bits !! Xx

Back