• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Losing weight for the first time in years!

Very Big Chris

My name is Chris and I am a pre-op patients at the Luton and Dunstable Hospital. I feel my journey really started with the milk diet. I weighed 177Kg at the start and had lost 13Kg at my 5 week appointment. I feel that I struggled a bit when I went back to food. The diet, although varied, left me feeling hungry. I quickly found that a diet of mainly tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, beetroot with low calorie dressing, although boring, filled me up without the calories.

I am now 4 months in and 1 month away from surgery. In those 4 months I have lost 35.5Kg. I no longer snore. I no longer have sleep apnoea. My Dr has taken me off my diabetic medication. My Dr halved and then halved again my blood pressure medication. My cholesterol is down to 2.9 and my Dr is considering taking me off my statin. I haven't felt this well in years.

I joined a gym. My first visit I could swim 10 lengths of their pool, 1 length at a time. This morning I swam 40 lengths , non stop.

At the start I was fearful of surgery, now I am looking forwards to it.

Welcome Chris and well done so far on your journey. I'm a L&D Bypasser and nearly a year out. Any questions feel free to ask and I'll and answer them

Hi and well done on your journey, you have done ever so well!! x

Hi chris , you've done so well already, i think it's time to drop the "very" in your name lol. Big chris sounds better!!

Just noticed your op is the same day as mine, how are you feeling about it hun x

Hi Chris and welcome a fantastic effort so far and all your own work just imagine what you will do when you have your op the two of you combined as one will be supercharged weightloss machine. Keep it up you are and inspriation.

Hi Chris and welcome :) you have done really well so far with weightloss and exercise...as Sarah says above you def need to lose the "very" in your name by the sounds of it :D xx

Dear Sarah, How Do I Feel?

Initially, I was scared. Scared, because I knew I was eating myself to death. Scared because I had just added Type II Diabetes to my other problems. Scared that I might die before surgery and leave my wife of 32 years a widow.

Then, as the weight started to fall off, I wondered if I needed the surgery at all.

Now, bring it on. Unless I am very silly (I am sure we have all been told the horror stories of people liquidising Mars Bars), I should now continue to lose weight, get healthier and live longer.

Well my friend dont worry about being tempted by melted Mars bars cos they would make you dump amd you would only do that once trust me!You are doing so well the future will only get better,times how well you feel now by 100!Best of luck.Maz x

Hi and welcome, I look forward to reading about your wls.

Hi and welcome Chris, what a brilliant start, Good Luck with the rest of your wls journey xx

Wow... what a fantastic start to your weight loss journey. I am very impressed with your determination and results so far. Thanks for sharing. I am really looking forward to reading your posts.

Oh and welcome to the forum... :)

when they put me on the milk diet the weight fell off and i stopped taking my insulin but as soon as i started the refeed diet the weight came back and so did the insulin i'm now a steady 136-7 kg depending on which hospital scales i use :)

good luck with everything

sounds like you are all geared up for it....it won't be long for us now !!!

Back