• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Low fat diet as instructed by BSS

bex.wils

Day 1 of Liver Reducing Diet

Breakfast - Porridge
Dinner - Ham egg beetroot salad
Tea - Salmon, stir fried peppers broccoli mange tout baby corn with a small amount of noodles with soy sauce
Snacks across the day - Banana, satsuma, fat free yoghurt, Alpen light bar.
Drinks - 2litres water, 3 tea and 1 decaf tea

Frederik from Belgium surgery services advice was take it easy on the low fat diet and just avoid alcohol. (my bmi is on the low side and cannot dip under 30 so I have 1 stone before I would have bmi 30, hoping not to lose any more than 7lbs during this 2 weeks of liver reducing diet)

You think this kind of diet would be ok for 2 weeks?

Rebecca

Sarnie

Day 1 of Liver Reducing Diet

Breakfast - Porridge
Dinner - Ham egg beetroot salad
Tea - Salmon, stir fried peppers broccoli mange tout baby corn with a small amount of noodles with soy sauce
Snacks across the day - Banana, satsuma, fat free yoghurt, Alpen light bar.
Drinks - 2litres water, 3 tea and 1 decaf tea

Frederik from Belgium surgery services advice was take it easy on the low fat diet and just avoid alcohol. (my bmi is on the low side and cannot dip under 30 so I have 1 stone before I would have bmi 30, hoping not to lose any more than 7lbs during this 2 weeks of liver reducing diet)

You think this kind of diet would be ok for 2 weeks?

Rebecca
Looks good to me, but I wouldn't know, I'm on the milk for 2 weeks. I would suggest weighing yourself at least every other day and see how your weigh is going. I know you're worried about your bmi, but you are supposed to be liver shrinking and I'm not sure if this will shrunk your liver or not, didn't they give you a diet sheet hun? x

slimkim

I did low fat and carb diet for my LRD and I only lost 3lbs in 2 weeks and Dr Chris was still able to do my surgery. I had protein and veg for meals. Maybe keep an eye on porridge and noodles portion sizes as that's where your carbs are coming from.x

bex.wils

Looks good to me, but I wouldn't know, I'm on the milk for 2 weeks. I would suggest weighing yourself at least every other day and see how your weigh is going. I know you're worried about your bmi, but you are supposed to be liver shrinking and I'm not sure if this will shrunk your liver or not, didn't they give you a diet sheet hun? x

Frederik just told me to go easy on the low fat diet as long as I have no alcohol. Assuming the no alcohol would be enough to shrink it to be honest. I’ve not been given any info around weighing and measuring but I’m remembering what I can from the first round of liver reducing diet I did 5 years ago for my band.
Fingers crossed x

bex.wils

I did low fat and carb diet for my LRD and I only lost 3lbs in 2 weeks and Dr Chris was still able to do my surgery. I had protein and veg for meals. Maybe keep an eye on porridge and noodles portion sizes as that's where your carbs are coming from.x

This will be today’s meals from now until 7pm tonight. Will be chicken broccoli and 2 new potatoes x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 12