• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lump at incision site

Mio

I've had a look through the last few pages but couldn't see anything on this.

I'm healing up really well after the infection, and even had my first (part-time) day at work today since the op! The only thing that's worrying me though is the lump I have to the side of one of the wounds. I've had it for a while now, and it doesn't seem to be going down. The nurse I saw at the hospital was rather complacent about it and was all "I don't think it's an abcess but I can lance it if you'd like" - which, considering my opinion of needles, I declined her offer but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have.

Just wondered if anyone else had lumps at their incision sites and if it's something I should get looked at? It's not sore as such, though it is tender if I poke it (so I try not to *lol*) I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced similar? :)

Oh dear, Mio ... think you need to let your doctor look just in case it does need lancing or anti biotics ... best to be safe xxx :)

lol!

I'm not doing too well at this post-op business - I've only just finished taking my antibiotics for my wound/ear infections! Though different infections react to different medications, I know... Well, I need to get a doctors appointment soon anyways, so I'll just add that to the list of things to mention XD

Thanks hon!

I'm kinda annoyed at the nurse I saw at the hospital if this is the case, as she was very uninterested in it and made it out like I was worrying about nothing and was making a big thing of it! But it really hasn't gone down and seems to be quite large under the skin so I think I will try to see a doc on Friday when I'm off work.

Thanks for the advice :)

I have one of my wounds still weeping clear fluid since the op 17 days ago. I just wish it would stop and heal like all the other wounds. Thank goodness there is no swelling. I am seeing the doctor with my husband at 2 pm and I hope she won't mind me asking about it then. There is no discomfort and it is not smelly so feel confident it will be alright.

Hope you manage to get your lump sorted out quickly. I too am longing to get everything sorted out so I can get on with life in general.

Starting to get there but pegging out the washing today completely wiped me out :D

Yeah, I had read it could be something like that as well. Will keep an eye on it over the next couple of days and see how it goes! Just remembered I have a follow-up op next Weds anyways so might just ask while I'm there as long as it doesn't get any bigger before then.

Josie - I've got the same with two of my incisions sites, a couple of them are fine but two (including my port site) are still wet/weeping. Have them covered most of the time but am desperate for them to heal so I can have a nice bubble bath *lol* Again, I think I'll mention it to the surgeon when I see him next week.

It's amazing how little energy I still have a couple of weeks after the op. Am glad to be back at work for something to do but even happier that it's only part-time for a couple of weeks. I think if I had to do a full day I wouldn't survive *lol*

I showed the weeping wound to the doctor and she poked it a bit and gently squeezed it a bit and declared that it was healing nicely and not to worry. She gave me some dressings that were the right size too which was good. They are shower proof but not bath proof so no long soaks for me either until it dries up.

Call me silly if you like but as soon as she told me not to worry about it I felt heaps better.:D

I do so hope your wounds heal up soon :)

I had exactly the same when I saw one of the nurses at the hospital last week *lol* Have my dressings off all but my port wound site now, and that's cos the damn things right where my bra band goes (you can tell it was inserted by a man *lol*) Is giving me some pain but the others are healing very, very nicely and even my lump is going down a bit. And I'm feeling really rather good atm :)

\o/

Went in to get my first fill today and just so happened that my surgeon was there as well! He took a look at the lump and declared it a "subdermal hematoma" and said it would disappear over the next month or two.

The fill itself was quite bizarre, the machines freaked me out a bit and I didn't like all the tilting up and down, but I got through it ok. Only had a 1ml fill though (in a 10ml band) which was less than I thought I'd have, but assume they're taking it slowly.

Just realised that I have no idea how to go about getting a second fill if I need one - not sure if they'll contact me as a matter of course or if I need to contact them. Back on the phone I go!

Do u have aftercare package?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm with the NHS, so it's slightly different. I forgot to ask what their usual practice is with band patients. Will see if I can get through to someone tomorrow to ask :)

Back