• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Single incision

mr patel is doing a test sort of thin with me,i wont know if ive had a single or multiple incisions until 10 days after my op when they take my plasters etc off,theyre testing for pain difference,healing times etc between the two,i have to guess which i have,ill still have plasters etc on my tummy but arent allowed to peek :( xx

Oh my goodness !! Well these surgeons do like to do clinical trials, don't they. ;)

There was an overseas WLS forum member who turned up a few months ago called randomtrial (I think) who was in a "sleeve/bypass" random trial where the surgeon would not inform them whether they had had a sleeve or bypass until 12 months after the op, as the surgeon was doing a clinical trial on how much the overall weight loss would differ between the ops.

I was going to be a part of that trial my self but changed my mind about the band. It's a really good trial to be a part of because it could change the way they operate in future. Are you doing it under day surgery @ kings. Good luck. X

Back