• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Single incision

clar01

Hi

Has anyone had single incision gastric surgery?

I am considering Ameet Patel in London, and see on his site he can do the sleeve with one incision.

I wondered if this was more expensive due to the equiptment he has to use, or the same cost.

I have emailed them, but this forum very often offers the quickest response!!:jelous:

Anyone had any experience of the single incision?

x

I didn't have single incision honey but I have to say my 5 (yes 5) incision surgery wasn't too bad and my battle scars aren't that noticeable.
If it does make a massive difference financially the multiple incision surgery isn't bad at all. I'd be happy to PM you photos.
xx

Thanks Louise, it is an extra £1000 for the single incision! My stomach is a mess anyway do think I'll opt for the 5 incisions!
Did they heal well?
We're you up and about quite quickly?
Sorry for all the questions! I really want to make a decision soon!
Can't decide here or abroad! £4500 abroad £7500 here! 2 nights in hospital here 5 nights abroad. Aaaaaagh!!!!

clar01 said:
Thanks Louise, it is an extra £1000 for the single incision! My stomach is a mess anyway do think I'll opt for the 5 incisions!
Did they heal well?
We're you up and about quite quickly?
Sorry for all the questions! I really want to make a decision soon!
Can't decide here or abroad! £4500 abroad £7500 here! 2 nights in hospital here 5 nights abroad. Aaaaaagh!!!!

I had 5 incisions and less than 4 weeks later two of them are hardly visible and they other 3 are not bad at all. Not had any trouble with them also.

There is a massive price difference. Think I would go abroad and save the difference for a new wardrobe lol

So tempted, but have a 6 month old baby and would mean leaving him for nearly a week :-((
But the cost, I. Puked spend that spare money on him! Oh I don't know!!!!
I'll make a decision soon!

How is your weightloss going? Did u have it in uk? Xxx

My operation was UK NHS. I had a little bit of bother with one of my incisions not healing but I've had 4 operations now and this 1 left the smallest scars.
There are a few ladies on the site who had small children when they had their op and I'm sure they'll be along to offer advice on coping with a baby post op etc.
I was out of hospital the day after my operation and walking around almost immediately. For the sake of £1000 I'd certainly go for the multiple incisions especially as they can't guarantee whether they would have to make more incisions until they see in your tummy anyway hun.xx

Will defo go multiple then! Thanks for your help!
Seems you were up and about really quickly, hope it's the same for me!! Xxx

Hiya after waiting on never ending NHS waiting lists I have decided to have my surgery privately with Mr Patel. I will be a having single incision sleeve on Sunday @ Kings. It did cost an additional £1000 but it is worth it for me as I have no previous scars from operations.

I'll let you now how it went on Monday.

Xxx

That's ok as long as his single incission is not one great big long one up the middle like they used to do before keyhole became popular, I had my bypass done keyhole 8 weeks ago and all six scares are almost invisible already.

Paul

Paul-H said:
That's ok as long as his single incission is not one great big long one up the middle like they used to do before keyhole became popular, I had my bypass done keyhole 8 weeks ago and all six scares are almost invisible already.

Paul

I am 4 weeks post op and most are nearly gone. And a couple are hidden in beautiful stretchmarks lol

angeeb said:
Hope it goes well, do you not even have to do a pre op diet?

No Mr Patel doesn't require his patients to do a ore pop diet. I will have to be in liquid for 4 weeks after though.

Hi All.

I had my single incision sleeve yesterday and I woke up relatively pain free. Last night I went toilette about every 2 hours and only needed help disconnecting my leads. I have only used my morphine pump 9 times since my pop and am allowed it every 15 minutes. I just font need it. This morning I took a shower and have been for a walk. I feel great plus I am told I have the tiniest hole in my belly button. So far I have no regrets. I'm sitting up on my chair reading the paper lol.

Welcome to the losers bench Chants. Glad it went well for you :) xxx

Glad you doing very well

mr patel is doing a test sort of thin with me,i wont know if ive had a single or multiple incisions until 10 days after my op when they take my plasters etc off,theyre testing for pain difference,healing times etc between the two,i have to guess which i have,ill still have plasters etc on my tummy but arent allowed to peek :( xx

Back