• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lunch on the move ideas

Hiya. John West Tuna Lite Lunches are handy and they come already with a fork and a variety of flavours. :D Or similarly the Weight Watchers do small tins of tuna with mayo, could have these with some crispbreads. Home made fruit salad with a yog to pour on top. Flask of soup for when it is cold. :D This is what I will be taking for my lunches to eat whilst at my desk when I am back at work following my surgery (? 23rd Sept) You have got me thinking now.

crabsticks, mini baby bells, boiled eggs, wafer thin ham, cold baked beans, cottage chesse all with fruit or cucumber sticks, carrots batons and cherry toms

Dairy Lea lunchables, melba toast or crackerbread with pate, chicken or Tuna salad in a sealed lunch box, small pots of fruit or ambrosia light, these are the types things I take to work, Karen x

If I am out for the day I put these in my handbag or a little sandwich box:

Banana (small)
Babybel Light
Boiled egg
2-3 Melba Toast
Little stars yoghurt

I almost always carry a sachet of cup a soup too.

Packet of crispbreads or any crackers that you find easy to eat and a bottle of peanut butter.
Yummy.
Not all at once of course lol.
Lynne x

Packet of crispbreads or any crackers that you find easy to eat and a bottle of peanut butter.
Yummy.
Not all at once of course lol.
Lynne x

Is peanut butter ok to have? Which one? I love peanut butter, this is good news!!

I ate peanut butter and still do. Full of protein and I know it is quite fatty but it hasn't done me any harm up to now. I do watch out how much I eat though.
Lynne x

Peanut butter.....yuck, you've gone down in my ranks now Auntie Lynne.

Man up!!! lol, dont be scared of a bit of peanut butter lol. Crunchy and salty and if given to a lippy man it can shut him up in no time.
Mwah xx

Absolutly pnb is a great source of protien!But only Whole Earth pnb bit dearer but we can have it!I hated pnb and never ate it till i tried that one.Now spread it on Ryvita with raisins in and you will be in seventh heaven!Honest PG!1 tbsp between two ryvitas.

:party0049: Yey!! I am off to the shops tomorrow for PB.

Maz maybe a silly question but I see Tesco do whole eath PB, but do different types is it the NAS PB we can have?

Absolutly pnb is a great source of protien!But only Whole Earth pnb bit dearer but we can have it!I hated pnb and never ate it till i tried that one.Now spread it on Ryvita with raisins in and you will be in seventh heaven!Honest PG!1 tbsp between two ryvitas.

You will never convince me on PB, its just one of my hates, so much so that is someone said eat it for £1000, I would walk away without the money lol

Dont know what your missing mate so good for you!
Anyone will do Mand as long as its Wholearth as its just ground peanuts and no sugar added,which is probably why I prefer it!

You will never convince me on PB, its just one of my hates, so much so that is someone said eat it for £1000, I would walk away without the money lol

Ok, you give me 1k and I will eat the peanut butter.
Its gorgeous.
When was the last time you tried any? Do you like salted peanuts?
(aunty) Lynne xx

I'm with you Gary peanut butter is not nice at all, I love peanuts especially salted ones but not the spreadable version yuk.
As a side question can we eat nuts post-op as they are high in fats I am unsure. I love the Spanish salted almonds and salted or dry roasted peanuts also Brazil's as they are high in protein they seem as though they could be good but the high fats make me think twice or is it good fats (if there is such a thong as good fats. lol)

Back