• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lurker finally on her way to a sleeve

Lynneslims

I've been lurking around for a few months and have found you all inspirational, supportive and in many instances downright hilarious!!

I was referred by my GP in November 2014 and I've jumped through all the hoops presented but with a BMI of 51 and a knee replacement required ASAP it would appear I'm just not needy enough. We've had delays and frustrations so we've changed direction.

Mrs Noodles' experience with prof Ammori was very useful - especially as we live in Cheshire. We did exactly as Mrs Noodles did and contacted the professor directly. The result is a sleeve at the Alex in Cheadle on 20th May. After 18 months I will finally be sorted. I feel very lucky to have this opportunity thanks to my kind and generous mum and some careful savings.

There is lots of excitement within me but keeping it under wraps as my clingy 16 year old daughter will be mid GCSE. It will be presented to her as a done deal that evening and she will then have half term to get used to it - she will be supportive.

I'm keeping it all quiet at work too!!
So that's me, I look forward to sharing with you all and continuing to learn as I hopefully shrink!!

Thank you for all you've taught me.

Helloooo little lurker Lynne !
Welcome indeed !
May I ask what you paid for a sleeve ? I'm trying to get info my daughter .. I've just had a band fitted at my age I think I can make it work ..
My daughter is only 28 so I think a more drastic surgery would suit her better and for life ..
Thank you
Xxxx

Helloooo little lurker Lynne !
Welcome indeed !
May I ask what you paid for a sleeve ? I'm trying to get info my daughter .. I've just had a band fitted at my age I think I can make it work ..
My daughter is only 28 so I think a more drastic surgery would suit her better and for life ..
Thank you
Xxxx

Mindy

I'm happy to share!! £7,500 which comprises £3500 surgeon fees and £4000 hospital fees. I think that's quite reasonable.

L

Hi Lynne :) I'm having my sleeve on May 12th so we will be going through the process quite close together :) good luck x

It's going to be here so quick. Have you started the LRD yet? I've cut right back in preparation so it's not so much of a shock to the system.

L

Hey Lynne,

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing about how you get on, 20th May is just around the corner you must be so excited :bestwishes:

Warm greetings to another newbie!

Hi I've been under the prof at Salford for some of my journey you're in very capable hands good luck x

Oh Monalisa that is so encouraging to hear. I found him a lovely man and he seems to be very well experienced. Excited every day xx

It's going to be here so quick. Have you started the LRD yet? I've cut right back in preparation so it's not so much of a shock to the system.

L
Hi Lynne, was this message to me? I have to do it for 10 days but starting on Sunday 1st so it'll actually be 11 days but hoping the worst bit will be over before I am back in work. I haven't been going crazy but I am making a point of saying goodbye to some favourites that I won't be having again even when I can eventually manage 'normal' food.

I strongly suspect I will end up going to bed earlier when on the diet because I tend to get hungrier at night. My Masterchef addiction isn't going to help either!

Do you have to do the LRD for 10 days too?

I'm the same with masterchef and creme del a creme and I've noticed every programme i watch has food on it .... I'm in bed some days at 9 but have been sleeping so much better on my LRD xxx good luck I'm on day 10 big wobble today but I'm fine now. X

I'm not as keen on creme del a creme because I don't understand what they're doing most of the time and you don't get to know any of the contestants so your not rooting for anyone. When bake off is back it'll be a different story!

Oh I agree I'm not even a cake lover lol ... but masterchef is a different story...if I see anymore chicken wrapped in Parma ham and plum sponges I don't know what I'll do lol xx

Hi Lynne, was this message to me? I have to do it for 10 days but starting on Sunday 1st so it'll actually be 11 days but hoping the worst bit will be over before I am back in work. I haven't been going crazy but I am making a point of saying goodbye to some favourites that I won't be having again even when I can eventually manage 'normal' food.

I strongly suspect I will end up going to bed earlier when on the diet because I tend to get hungrier at night. My Masterchef addiction isn't going to help either!

Do you have to do the LRD for 10 days too?

Yes it was for you Fee. I'm rubbish at using this!! I'm doing a food LRD for 12 days. I've been trying it out at work all week so I don't get any awkward questions at work when I really have to be on it.

Keep thinking about distraction techniques- I think it'll bed by 9pm and staying late at work.

Ah sensible plan there, I like it :)

Hey Lynne .. How's it going ? Can be a little tough at the beginning , but keep the goal in sight .. Come on here , moan all your worries at us and we will help or try to help .. After all we are all,rowing in the same direction
Xxxx

Thanks for your support Mindy. I've started LRD and I'm finding my afternoons at work very looonnnnggg as I get hungry after my salad!! Love my salad and 2oz chicken or 2 eggs and although it takes me over an hour to eat (at my desk) I'm hungry an hour later. Up all night after all the drinks I've drunk to fill me up. So must be burning cals all night with all those toilet trips!!!

Had yummy 2 egg omelette tonight stuffed with veg. Can't believe how much I enjoyed it!!!

Hospital rang me on Tuesday afternoon to offer to bring op forward to this Friday. Can't do it because of work restrictions plus it's my eldests birthday. But ... became v real whilst I contemplated it, without work I'd have leapt at the opportunity even tho I kept thinking my liver will be enormous!!!!

Onwards and upwards with the LRD. Fed up of tidying and cleaning with the need to keep busy!!!

Back