• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

luton and dunstable questions

diesel

Hi as i am approaching my date with the surgeon i have a couple of questions with regards to the L&D hospital.
1.What ward do you go onto?
2.Can you use a mobile phone on the ward(txting rather than voice calls)
3.I would like my husband to be with me when i go for surgery and be their for me when i come around.Do they allow this?
Thanks
Hilary
x:D

Hi Hilary, cant answer the questions about your Hubby being there before and after surgery as I was on my own.
I used my mobile for texts and calls, just keep it on vibrate rather then ring tones as not to disturb others.
Cant remember what ward I was on sorry and I didn't go to HDU.
Any more questions feel free to ask

1.What ward do you go onto?

I was on ward 21

2.Can you use a mobile phone on the ward(txting rather than voice calls)

yes you can. But keep it on silent

3.I would like my husband to be with me when i go for surgery and be their for me when i come around.Do they allow this?

I was allowed someone right up until i walked in to theater - then once i was back on the ward in ward visiting times.

I dont think they allow someone there when u wake up as you will probably be in HDU for the first hour or so.

~hugs~ when is your date?

hi scarlet. how you getting on? been wondering how you are? how did op go and how you doing now? aint i nosey! i see surgeon on 4th march so hope to get date then. did you get your date on the day you went to see surgeon and anaesatist (sorry cant spell it). hope you doing really well, keep in touch hun. xx

hey hunni i am ok just trying to catch up on my back log of work :-(

Op went really well, and Mr Jain said my liver was teeny tiny :)
have a couple of irritating stitches at the moment but apart from that and being tired i feel good.

Yes i got my date on the day - most people when i got my date were looking at march/april but due to other health problems and how much weight i had lost he put me in for a cancellation on the 12th.

hope your appointment goes really well!

I am also at the L & D and they said my hubby could be there for me until I go down for the op and I assumed he would be there when I wake up, but maybe I need to verify this on Monday!.

Hi Chinsaway

I see we have the same surgeon Mr Whitelaw =, I am going for my bypass on Monday so I will let you know hoe it goes.

How far through your journey are you?

Hi Chinsaway

I see we have the same surgeon Mr Whitelaw =, I am going for my bypass on Monday so I will let you know hoe it goes.

How far through your journey are you?

Hi msunique

Chinsaway is having her surgery today!

Wishing you all the best for your op on Monday x x

Back